What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
So we lose the best young player in the game in RTS a few years ago due to cap constraints. And now we're once again about to lose the most talented young player in the game, whom we also developed.

But but "ehmagherdd Sombreroo... der Rorters are cheatzzz".
Just waiting for the david fifita signing

King hit

Coach
So we lose the best young player in the game in RTS a few years ago due to cap constraints. And now we're once again about to lose the most talented young player in the game, whom we also developed.

Don't forget Joey Manu either. Roosters SG ball and NYC player. Developed since he was a teenager.

betcats

Referee

You lost sheck and two years later bring in Teddy and Cronk in the same offseason.

First team to go back to back since the broncos, another squad that was definitely cap compliant....the rosters are not a level playing field with most clubs, you are delusional if you think so.

Last edited:
You lost sheck and two years later bring in Teddy and Cronk in the same offseason.

First team to go back to back since the broncos, another squad that was definitely cap compliant....the rosters are not a level playing field with most clubs, you are delusional if you think so.

Pearce would’ve been on similar money to Cronk I would’ve thought

betcats

Referee
Pearce would’ve been on similar money to Cronk I would’ve thought

Not so much the money, just the ability to sign the best fullback and halfback in the same offseason, my club would be happy to make one of those signings every 20 years. To be clear I don't think you are cheating the cap by any large means(maybe bending some rules here and there but most probably are), but that doesn't make it an even playing field, TPAs etc can be very uneven.

The Rosco

Bench
DEVELOPED ??? !!!! Are you serious ?
So when your talent scouts go to the schoolboy carnivals and buy up all the finest players from a district . . . . you roosters supporters define that as "developed" ?
You must consider yourselves God Almighty himself if one of your first graders happened to play his junior ( not from 16yrs old ) footy in the Eastern suburbs comp.
Using the example of Tedesco . . . WT system developed him, roosters bought him. And the colour of his jnr footy club's jersey doesn't mean a thing . . . . and you can apply that concept to most of your players.

Last edited:

jack coburn

Juniors
As was pointed out the raiders only had 2 juniors in the grand final team. Believe it or not a lot of Sydney side recruit form other areas. This is professional sport nowadays. If you could only sign juniors from your area the comp would consist of Penrith, Newcastle and the cowboys.
Get with the times otherwise give us all a list of evey sides teams full of local juniors.
You shouldn’t be getting so worked up on a Friday.

simmo05

Bench

Who, Tedesco? Oh that's right....

The Roosters will be pissed.

They want to portray him as a selfish Arsehole only.

Oh yes cause all those New Ltd journos love the Roosters eh? :rolleyes:

Seriously mate, it would not matter which club he was at, if it was similar circumstances they'd do the same, it enables them to put the boot into rugby league. People seem to forget News Ltd don't like my club for opposing them in the Super League war.

Last edited:
How lucky was he that the news crew and photographers just happened to be there to film him

You are a fool.

The news crews present at that location were there to film the events going on, namely the bush fires.

Of course they'd take a few photos of Latrell, he's easily one of the most famous and well known people in the country.

Two weeks ago I wasn’t super keen on the idea. Now that it seems we’re a big chance I’m hoping it will happen. Sadly it will now hurt when he goes to another club for $200k less then what we offered him and we end up with Dale Copley.

I hope your club does not sign Dale Copley.

Dale Copley is a very unskilled player, who upsets his team mates and fans alike with his lack of skill and ability.

If your club does sign Dale Copley, I would recommend destroying all of your purchased merchandise and then relocating to another area.

Canard

Immortal
Oh yes cause all those New Ltd journos love the Roosters eh? :rolleyes:

Seriously mate, it would not matter which club he was at, if it was similar circumstances they'd do the same, it enables them to put the boot into rugby league. People seem to forget News Ltd don't like my club for opposing them in the Super League war.

Who leaked details of what car he drives? Who is saying stuff to scum like Weidler in order to drive down his market value?

You're delusional if you don't think the Roosters are using the media to wage a PR war against him.

Who leaked details of what car he drives? Who is saying stuff to scum like Weidler in order to drive down his market value?

You're delusional if you don't think the Roosters are using the media to wage a PR war against him.

Oh yes, because it paints Latrell Mitchell in a bad light it must be the Roosters leaking bad stories about him :rolleyes: I mean, no one else has any agendas do they? The media are all little angels who never throw mud eh? o_O

Canard

Immortal
Oh yes, because it paints Latrell Mitchell in a bad light it must be the Roosters leaking bad stories about him :rolleyes: I mean, no one else has any agendas do they? The media are all little angels who never throw mud eh? o_O

Who would have the most to gain?

Why is Weidler writing such pro Roosters horseshit?

Latest posts