What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Someone on Facebook is claiming semi is desperate to return to the eels next year, and that’s why we haven’t resigned MJ. They are adamant about it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Someone on Facebook is claiming semi is desperate to return to the eels next year, and that’s why we haven’t resigned MJ. They are adamant about it.

they generally are on social media, they are all experts

meanwhile, I hope they are right, lol

Incorrect

Coach
Only thing is I don't think Semi or Fergo are up to it in the centres tbh... Perhaps Semi could prove otherwise but I doubt it...

Unless Sivo has in fact had his arm amputated as was posted on the Internet in the past say or 2 and Semi is slotting back in to his wing spot....

Glenneel

Bench
Oh no the club is ignoring the next Connor Broadhurst!
200.gif
Who the f*** is Broadhurst? Nobody knows how good Stefano will be but he has played U20s SOO so can't be too bad. Did Broadhurst played U20s SOO too?

Glenneel

Bench
Only thing is I don't think Semi or Fergo are up to it in the centres tbh... Perhaps Semi could prove otherwise but I doubt it...

Unless Sivo has in fact had his arm amputated as was posted on the Internet in the past say or 2 and Semi is slotting back in to his wing spot....
Hasn't Semi been playing centre in (yawn) rugby?

84 Baby

Referee
Who the f*** is Broadhurst? Nobody knows how good Stefano will be but he has played U20s SOO so can't be too bad. Did Broadhurst played U20s SOO too?
I don’t know if he made 20s Origin but you know who played 18s Origin? Connor f**ken Broadhurst!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Semi would be fine at centre

I reckon Ferguson would be the better option, yeah he did have a shocker this year however it’s probably just one of those games.

He has played NRL there before and with a good offseason could potentially handle it.

However another factor is Ferguson is getting on with age, and had a few injuries this year. Pushing him to centre potentially gives his body a bit more of a break, he wouIdnt be expected to take his 15-20 hits up each week and limits the kms he needs to run too. He can be a bit more selective with his running.

And semi on the wing brings him into the game more, eg he is always at the back for the kick.

On abilities they probably bring similar games to the centre position.

hindy111

Post Whore
Radradra would be wasted at centre, just like Ferguson would be. However Ferguson has a fair amount of experience there (Radradra has none).

What about Sivo? He may be suited to centre.
By memory Semi would play centre on some plays in 2017. He would also roam.
On Fergo he would potentially be up for an early move end of 2020 for a super league deal.

hindy111

Post Whore
If we did have those 3 in backline it means the importance of a powerfull forward is less needed and preference is skill and defense.
If Semi,Fergo,Sivo, Blake are taking 2 or 3 hit ups per set the props need to be fast and mobile rather the big and powerfull.
With Jnr in side I am unsure they'd need more then one big bopper on bench.Guys like Stone would be perfect

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Plenty of nuffies have played Junior Origin. Here's the first teams from 2012:

QLD
1. Maranta
2. Hunt
3. Moga
4. Lee
5. Whitchurch
6. Mann
7. Hampton
8. Sims
9. Elisala
10. Napa
11. Timu
12. Frei
13. Grevsmuhl
14. Malley
15. Oates
16. Tago
17. Mbye
18. Auva'a

NSW
1. Cummins
2. Tonumaipea
3. Blair
4. Murphy
5. Mata'utia
6. Seijka
7. Miller
8. Groat
9. Lichaa
10. Evans
11. McKinnon
12. Cordner
13. Tia Kilifi
14. Carter
15. Stockwell
16. Klemmer
17. Boyd
18. Burr

https://www.nrl.com/news/2012/04/16/toyota-u20s-origin-squads-named/

So as you can see, most of them went on to play some NRL, and about half of them became genuine first graders, but very few are now what you'd call NRL stars. Only five of these 36 players have played State of Origin by the age of 27 (the oldest any of them are this year).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What about Sivo? He may be suited to centre.
By memory Semi would play centre on some plays in 2017. He would also roam.
A roaming winger doesn't mean he is suited to fullback or centre. These positions have responsibilities beyond just getting the ball a pass or two closer to the ruck. Plenty of outside backs are good at running from dummy half but that doesn't mean they are suitable to play hooker.
On Fergo he would potentially be up for an early move end of 2020 for a super league deal.
As if he would want to cut short his NRL contract to go to England.