What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
I know I've given it to ba in the past, but we really can't complain about his eye for players considering the jnrs/players we've let go compared to who he has brought to the club.

Most of the jnrs who have left , doolan dargan twal eisenhuth aloia and a shit load more who have amounted to nothing, compared to Brown, Lane, Moses, Sivo, guth, waqa ect.

Aloai is doing ok but we have better back rowers atm.

We really need to back ba's judgment on Utoki ect based on what's previously happened. Sure it was a shock, but ba's record stands in the positive
Plenty of us have been wrong about BA however as you rightly indicated his strengths is identifying the right player for our circumstances and boning the wrong one.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pou? I thought it was whiney level at least.

You’re right! We should f**k Mahoney off because he wants more money that we have earmarked to save Oregon
We should tell all of them to get f**ked!!! Unless they take what we offer, f**kEN MERKINS!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you have a roster slot for a backup on $150k and another club offers them a depth slot for $250k do you backpedal and let this other club change your plans? Outside your top 17 a hundred grand is a lot of money to try and juggle the recruitment/retention of the bottom half of your squad.

Bazal

Post Whore
I know I've given it to ba in the past, but we really can't complain about his eye for players considering the jnrs/players we've let go compared to who he has brought to the club.

Most of the jnrs who have left , doolan dargan twal eisenhuth aloia and a shit load more who have amounted to nothing, compared to Brown, Lane, Moses, Sivo, guth, waqa ect.

Aloai is doing ok but we have better back rowers atm.

We really need to back ba's judgment on Utoki ect based on what's previously happened. Sure it was a shock, but ba's record stands in the positive

Lmao didn't you just bitch like two days ago about Alvaro and/or Evans being "kept" over Utoikamanu?

chiefy1

Juniors
Lmao didn't you just bitch like two days ago about Alvaro and Evans being "kept" over Utoikamanu?

Yes. Like ive always said I've never been a fan of Alvaro, and in my opinion it was a mistake to sign him for as long as we did.
But overall our roster has improved more than i can remember and the juniors we have let go thus far have amounted to next to zero.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yes. Like ive always said I've never been a fan of Alvaro, and in my opinion it was a mistake to sign him for as long as we did.

While Stefo has a lot of potential, Alvaro absolutely killed him stats wise in his 5 NSW cup games this year:

https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/nsw-cup/wentworthville-magpies/daniel-alvaro/

https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/nsw-cup/wentworthville-magpies/stefano-utoikamanu/

Even Alvaro Stats back in 2014/15 when he first started in NSW cup were better.

Stefo may have a better career but would Alvaro be costing $800k over 3 years?

Happy MEel

First Grade
While Stefo has a lot of potential, Alvaro absolutely killed him stats wise in his 5 NSW cup games this year:

https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/nsw-cup/wentworthville-magpies/daniel-alvaro/

https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/nsw-cup/wentworthville-magpies/stefano-utoikamanu/

Even Alvaro Stats back in 2014/15 when he first started in NSW cup were better.

Stefo may have a better career but would Alvaro be costing $800k over 3 years?
I like Alvaro, but I reckon he’d be on $250/$300k which is the per year equivalent to an $800k contract over 3 years.

$300k is around the mean average nrl salary and I reckon Alvaro was at least an average nrl player when he signed.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I like Alvaro, but I reckon he’d be on $250/$300k which is the per year equivalent to an $800k contract over 3 years.

$300k is around the mean average nrl salary and I reckon Alvaro was at least an average nrl player when he signed.
An average (median) player would earn less, probably a fair bit less than the average (mean) salary. This is because the minimum salary is just a bit less than half the mean, whereas the maximum (highest paid player) would be three or four times the mean.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's not much chop anyway, no big loss. Can't keep them all......

Pauli Pauli and Tanginoa played NRL and rated just as high by many.
I've seen Salesi and Stefano. Wouldn't suprise at all if neither make it. Actually if Salesi did I would be quite surprised.

At this stage we have Hollis and Oregon to concentrate on. We have our starting props sorted for the next 3yrs so I honestly am not fussed.
Brown and Mahoney are priorities but we do have Schneider and Salmon who could be as good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pauli Pauli and Tanginoa played NRL and rated just as high by many.
I've seen Salesi and Stefano. Wouldn't suprise at all if neither make it. Actually if Salesi did I would be quite surprised.

At this stage we have Hollis and Oregon to concentrate on. We have our starting props sorted for the next 3yrs so I honestly am not fussed.
Brown and Mahoney are priorities but we do have Schneider and Salmon who could be as good.
I was talking about Brown.

hindy111

Post Whore
An average (median) player would earn less, probably a fair bit less than the average (mean) salary. This is because the minimum salary is just a bit less than half the mean, whereas the maximum (highest paid player) would be three or four times the mean.

Alvaro did look elsewhere but nothing come as good as our option so he took it up. Same as Welch who was leaving untill did his knee.
My guess is he would demand about 200k based on 2019 form. And is worth that for sure. He might be on 300k. Not a big deal. 100k overs for a guy who can start and fill a bench spots fine.

300k on a guy who may spend his time in NSW cup is a concern