What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
An average (median) player would earn less, probably a fair bit less than the average (mean) salary. This is because the minimum salary is just a bit less than half the mean, whereas the maximum (highest paid player) would be three or four times the mean.
True. However he was a young and capable first grader so I’m sure there was an expectation he would improve so I still say my $250-$300k valuation is fair.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's not much chop anyway, no big loss. Can't keep them all......
Even if he turns out good all that matters is our NRL team. To have the strongest team you need to be getting good value from the majority of your squad. That means only paying overs for proven performers who are essential to the team. Kids like Utoikamanu always want top dollar so you're unlikely to get value out of them. By the time they're worth what you're paying them they're off contract and demanding overs again.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just think we should tell him to get f**ked.

Anyone who refuses to stay here on unders can get f**ked.

We have no TPA's and just can't compete. But you can't keep them all anyway.
We compete just fine. We just won our first finals match in ten years and have recruited well for next year. We've done it by being smart in the market and not bending over for greedy managers. I reckon we'll have a strong team for 2021 as well, regardless of whether Dylan Brown is in it.

Only a death rider would think any given player is bigger than the club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We compete just fine. We just won our first finals match in ten years and have recruited well for next year. We've done it by being smart in the market and not bending over for greedy managers. I reckon we'll have a strong team for 2021 as well, regardless of whether Dylan Brown is in it.

Only a death rider would think any given player is bigger than the club.
Melbourne showed us how far off the top sides we really are. We were the best of the worst this year.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was talking about Brown.

Do we throw him close to a million like Panthers gave Nathan? Tbf he had played State of Origin by age of 20. D.Brown has not shown as much and may have a long term injury. I reckon around 500k would be reasonable. Unless the club thinks his back is not an issue and he is better then Moses who cost around 800k.

hindy111

Post Whore
We just got RCG and Matterson ffs. Why are inexperienced spine players such a big deal? Everyone is replaceable.

True. But a guy like D.Brown would bring fans. We haven't developed a half since Sterlo. If he turned out to be the next star half of the game we would be paying for it for 12yrs.
Losing a forward is not so bad. Much easier to replace. Halves are not so easy. But hey has he even shown as much as Ash Taylor of Brodie Croft?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And we showed Brisbane how far off they are. Both clubs suffered from lack of experience. Matterson and RCG will help with that. Mahoney and Drown won't.
Who cares about Brisbane???? They are the worst top 8 team i have ever seen. As i said we were best of the worst. It was a soft comp, it had to be for us to finish so high up.

hindy111

Post Whore
How much would other clubs throw him?
I could see Dogs, Tigers and Warriors tossing some $$. But unsure how High a risk they'd throw. 750k?