What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
We really are a bunch of jaded f**ks if we can find so many reasons not to be excited about the possibility of an early 20s Aussie international joining our club.

Not even the fact that he plays a key position that we are short in.

Obviously he isnt good enough for us.

Maybe we should clone Daly Messenger while we are in yet another rebuilding stage?

Tiger05

First Grade
We really are a bunch of jaded f**ks if we can find so many reasons not to be excited about the possibility of an early 20s Aussie international joining our club.

Not even the fact that he plays a key position that we are short in.

Obviously he isnt good enough for us.

Maybe we should clone Daly Messenger while we are in yet another rebuilding stage?

I want him here because he is exactly what we need. If it doesn't work out so be it but at least we gave it a shot.

macnaz

Staff member
If he happens to join us which seems unlikely, he may find the move is better than he thought. Who knows he might start growing up and see the opportunity to actually be a real role model , to be part of a team of underdogs and show people that look up to him that it's not always about winning but about thriving along with others to become winners. About lifting those around you to succeed, about setting goals to achieve, about proving people wrong, about feeling good about yourself , about being proud and being being respected. All those things young kids aspire to but never often see their heroes prove it can be done .
Who knows.. Christmas miracles sometimes happen.

WA Tiger

Bench
Here is the problem. The Christian bashers seem to be able to say whatever their dumbarse heads can come up with, and have zero consequence.
But if I even mention the word gay, or aboriginal, or queer, or lesbian . . . . all the " must be offended sheep " come out of hiding, and have zero consequence to the precious little tirade they will unload.
This forum used to be about a bunch of blokes talkin footy.
Now it's worse than a Newtown cafe.
WA Tiger . . . if you woke up one day as an intelligent, rational and FAIR MINDED human being, you'd probably think differently too. But that ain't gonna happen.
Oh, and do you seriously ask yourself why aboriginals are massively over-represented in our jail system ? . Surely you know the answer. Surely.
It must be the Christian's fault. Who else could it possibly be ? I know . . . Donald Trump. Yep, that's it. It's them bloody Christians and Donald Trump. Couldn't possibly be anyone else's fault, could it ?
I do like your “fight” mate ...I previously didn’t know you had any ...I don’t mind your argument either , it seems reasonable .. the first half anyway ...Although your point “this forum should be about footy” and then
I used to "work" in a record shop at the time. Couldn't get my hands on enough copies of BIA. The young milfs would come in with their 5 yr olds . . . and the kid would ask for the "MTV" song. I'd politely tell the momma that the kid just ain't gonna like any other song on the album and to come back in a month or so when it's on summer of 86, or whatever the f that one was called. I'd get to see the milfs again, but importantly, always had enough stock on hand to sell to folks that appreciated the album.
Good times, those. INXS, Dire Straits, Joe Jackson, UB40, Joe's brother Michael, ACDC . . . . Good times.
kind of blows your credibility dont you think. ...Two things ..The only time I’ll go at someone is if they come at me and 2 Censorship is dangerous...White / Brown Australia has a habit of trying to delete the history of the mass slaughter of and the practice of ignoring the human rights of Aborigines from day one - you know just pretend it didn’t and doesn’t happen ...and hence when the Anthem says ..”In history’s page let every stage advance Australia Fair”....and “For we are young and free” which is accurate if only we could pretend it didnt happen and still isn’t happening ...My point is if u can honestly tell me you don’t stereotype this mob then go ahead and give me shit about generalising about Christians which I prob shouldn’t have but I suppose it must be “precious weekend” this weekend...coz I’ve seen worse on this forum ..Did you know that the history of the brutality by the Governers and all their henchmen dished out to the “convicts” (that arrived from England) for the first 70-80 years was banned from the Australian school curriculum until the 1960s 70s it’s like shit were we that cruel let’s pretend IT didn’t happen as well.....And sorry one more thing Legion I don’t want to hear about how Aborigine should be grateful for the wonderful technology you have provided for them...All the descriptions of Aborigine men before colonisation was that of muscle bound strong white teethed, healthy, proud warrior looking men...They were perfectly happy before the disease the alcohol and the uncompromising we arrived...

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
JAC is meeting with the Storm today to offically request a release. FWIW Ive been told (and this mail is only reliable half the time) that he will come to us but we have to publicly deny interest as he hasnt been given permission to negotiate. The Storm are willing to compromise and let him walk after next season (he has 2 more years on his deal) but he wants out now

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I can understand Storm saying no to 2020 season but they might well approve shift for 2021. If JAC truly has family issues I can't see them being too resistant but with all the other backline 2020 departures maybe it's asking too much of them to acquiesce for 2020. Still who knows, snaring JAC signature for 2021 will be a great fillip for WT.

simmo05

Bench
And good on the storms for refusing him too. Exactly how we should have handled things on numerous occasions

Tigerm

First Grade
A bit of perspective:

197cm teen Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, who is 19yo has played just 113 minutes of NRL, to quit Storm for $2.7m deal for 4 years, with the Warriors.

We were offering LM a 22yo who has played for his country, his state and played in 2 GF's, a deal worth about $4m for 4 yrs. Which now looks like not happening?

It's all a shit load of money, isn't it.

WA Tiger

Bench
JAC has already got a no from the storm...This is his - Nah I’m serious I want out - 2nd attempt...despite what silverdale says family’s a great excuse for him to come to WT...My guess is both WT and JAC have discussed this occurring from their first meeting and No from the storm, agreed on a figure and are ready to go hard with all the legal knowledge and precedents in the negotiations the new Chairman can muster ...No more Mr nice guy ..If I’m right I just like to know what price was agreed on ...we can obviously be a little bit flexible ..Mitchell’s going to Souths prob

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I'd be offering JAD over what he is worth , just as an apology to him and the fans for how the club and Jason Taylor made the biggest mistake in the clubs history!
The fans didnt want him to go , we want you back Josh.
Yep, I think he will be a weapon for us, we need some speed.
I said earlier, looks like the LM thing is dead, I was hoping for both, but this bloke is special, isn't he.

WA Tiger

Bench
Would asking melbourne to chip in a bit for next year at least be a bit rude?
( insert smiley face thing here)
forget the smiley face we need to be disrespectful and rude and competitive ..That's what the new guy called it ..I like it..especially with the top tier teams ... Make a statement

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Yep, I think he will be a weapon for us, we need some speed.
I said earlier, looks like the LM thing is dead, I was hoping for both, but this bloke is special, isn't he.
Even more than a weapon as we know..
BUT was always a Tigers fan , he was always a fan favorite, great happy bloke and as we know as Weststigers fans win or lose we just love our heroes and even when we cant make it to the top it's the little things special people like Josh add to our excitement and entertainment throughout the year that make being a supporter worth while..
I have always said I will NEVER STOP BANGING ON about righting the wrong we have done as a club... The fox is on the run and hopefully back home........ please

WA Tiger

Bench
I'd be offering JAD over what he is worth , just as an apology to him and the fans for how the club and Jason Taylor made the biggest mistake in the clubs history!
The fans didnt want him to go , we want you back Josh.
We have to pay him what he wants or close to it ....He could easily be the turning point...what value would you put on that?

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
I'd happily pay $500k+ for him which I'd say is probably considerably more than what he is getting at the Storm but like I mentioned he is about providing entertainment ,exposure and sponsors to the club at the very lest just like Benji did and still does, and secondly he provides very much needed speed and unpredictability to a very average backline.

WA Tiger

Bench
I'd happily pay $500k+ for him which I'd say is probably considerably more than what he is getting at the Storm but like I mentioned he is about providing entertainment ,exposure and sponsors to the club at the very lest just like Benji did and still does, and secondly he provides very much needed speed and unpredictability to a very average backline.
If that’s the price a winger gets whose at the top ..fine ...I just get the feeling he’s a bit more special than that ...I Guess $650 or even 7 ?

Last edited: