What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yet if a team is shit for near on 50 years we can dismiss it? This idea that souffs fans have that their team deserves some sort of mythic status for something that fans of every other team don't give a shit about deserves the ridicule it brings.

My great grandfather could bash your great grandfather!
The only ones dismissing anything are people like yourselves who followed teams which were shit for nearly a hundred years in a 10 team comp.

All because you're jealous of a club's history.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Look being proud of your history is one thing, and resetting the count shouldnt change that.
I would still be proud of my club for winning 11 premierships in the Sydney comp. It still happened. They haven't gone anywhere.

But bragging about it as if it matters here and now is sad
Imagine, hypothetically, Roosters win another 5 in the next couple of decades to bring it up to 20, and Souths are still sitting on 21 wins with a 25 year drought.
We'd still be getting pRiDe oF tHe LeAGue ForEVeR iN oUr ShaDoW #21 from these clowns
Hypothetically Souths win another 10 in the next 10 years.

You can do anything with hypotheticals.

Mr Spock!

Referee
No one is saying history should be forgotten but it certainly doesn't matter anywhere near as much as souths fans like to think it does.

Upcoming and more recent premierships are quite clearly of the most importance.

The NRL era is a demarcation point that makes sense when discussing modern success because all current teams with the exception of Titans, souths 00/01 (those were the days), wests 99 and Manly when the northern eagles were around have competed in every season.

Even the premierships in the early part of the NRL era are starting to lose their shine (don't tell Panthers fans).
LOL now not even nrl premierships matter.

Only those in the last 5 years.

Ffs Easts fans are full of their own self importance.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I wonder if the supporters of other teams who marched to get south's back in regret their decision, especially when interacting with morons such as this?
I doubt many posting in this thread were even born then given the ignorance of Rugby league and its history.

Mr Spock!

Referee
And yet the Roosters remain the same entity.

Your mob on the other hand no longer exist and sold your soul to two fairy godmothers
Bahahahahaha

There mustn't be any salt left in Sydney.

It's all been used in this thread.

Lol Balmain.......RIP

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
The only ones dismissing anything are people like yourselves who followed teams which were shit for nearly a hundred years in a 10 team comp.

All because you're jealous of a club's history.

Nah.
Ffs Easts fans are full of their own self importance.
Ah, c'mon mate. It's not like they declared themselves 'pride of the league' or something like that....

The Rosco

Bench
Nah. There’s only one club out of those 3 that have remained constant
Eastern suburbs sold their identity & soul to the marketing $$ with all their name changes.

as to the other mob the Balmain Tigers no longer existo_O
. . . and we marched to keep this bloke's team in the comp :rolleyes:.
As much as I dislike the roosters . . . for so many reasons . . . at least they didn't beg in the streets.

Galeforce

Bench
"Pride of the league"

"When souffs are doing well rugby league is doing well"

"Forever in our shadow"

The book of feuds

Yeah we are the ones full of self importance :joy:

My hats off to you for raising all these historical comments / facts from Souths rich history.

Well done Sir.

though you forgot , most premierships, 21 , which is important relevance as it underpins some of those comments.

Since you raised , as I think about your Roosters , I cannot think of one relevant comment about them that all NRL fans would know . except " Rorters " and that they are the "they" who are forever in our shadow.

MugaB

Coach
My hats off to you for raising all these historical comments / facts from Souths rich history.

Well done Sir.

though you forgot , most premierships, 21 , which is important relevance as it underpins some of those comments.

Since you raised , as I think about your Roosters , I cannot think of one relevant comment about them that all NRL fans would know . except " Rorters " and that they are the "they" who are forever in our shadow.
1909 cannot count if you didn't play against an actual team