What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Ugh come on!!! If it's going to happen I want it to happen now!! It's so hard to remain patient and wait just knowing that something absolutely massive could happen. Hopefully things will be a lot clearer on Monday.

There are some that claim Latrell will be announced in the next 48 hours but I don't believe that to be true. It's unlikely it'd be announced on the weekend. We'll see I guess.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Ugh come on!!! If it's going to happen I want it to happen now!! It's so hard to remain patient and wait just knowing that something absolutely massive could happen. Hopefully things will be a lot clearer on Monday.

There are some that claim Latrell will be announced in the next 48 hours but I don't believe that to be true. It's unlikely it'd be announced on the weekend. We'll see I guess.
This is worse than waiting for the birth of a baby that is overdue :sweat_smile:

Peter Quinn

Juniors

Callmack, it could be announced anytime. But I'm thinking more like Tuesday at a media press conference. The media are at Redfern every Tuesday and Wayne Bennett never misses with his Tell 'Em nothing attitude. But I do feel Tuesday. I guess that depends on whether Easts have agreed to pay half yet. If they want him off the books, they will have to.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agent war stalls Latrell Mitchell move to South Sydney

Nick Walshaw , The Daily Telegraph

January 4, 2020 4:37pm
Roosters superstar Latrell Mitchell has become embroiled in yet another agent war.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Mitchell, who is represented by manager Wayde Rushton, has requested an immediate release to join the stable of rival NRL agent and boxing promoter Matt Rose.

The switch, which would be the 22-year-old’s third agent change in less than eight months, comes as talks between the Kangaroo and South Sydney intensify.

The reigning premiers officially return to pre-season training Monday, but it is understood Mitchell won’t commit anywhere until the management change is finalised.

For months, now, it has been claimed Rose has been speaking on Mitchell’s behalf with officials from Souths, Wests Tigers and the Roosters.

In an interview with The Daily Telegraph shortly before Christmas, however, the agent said he had no professional control over the Australian Test star and was not involved with any potential move to South Sydney.

Rose added he had no clue where Mitchell was headed for the upcoming season and said it was not his intention to get involved.

Rushton, meanwhile, looked set to make Mitchell rugby league’s newest $1 million man — as well as getting him a desired switch to fullback.

Apart from securing the Kangaroo incumbent a four-year deal with Wests Tigers worth upwards of $4 million, Rushton had also negotiated a bumper Adidas sponsorship.

Latrell Mitchell is odds-on to join Souths.

Elsewhere, the agent had also been negotiating with Bunnies officials to have rugby league’s top pointscorer potentially jump the fence to Redfern for 2020.

Only last May, Mitchell spoke glowingly of his move to Rushton’s camp after the Roosters poster boy endured a public falling out with manager Steve Deacon, telling The Daily Telegraph: “There were days I couldn’t get out of bed.”

At the time, the centre conceded his public break-up with Deacon, coupled with rumours about him being unhappy at the Roosters,then wanting to join Sydney rivals like Souths and Parramatta, had taken a heavy toll.

Bunnies coach Wayne Bennett is understandably a huge Mitchell fan and would obviously enjoy the challenge that is getting the best from the mercurial three-quarter.

Already, Rose has solid links to Souths given one of his clients is Bunnies No.6 Cody Walker.

The brother of retired NRL cult favourite George Rose also manages NSW Origin incumbent Jack Wighton.

And now it seems Mitchell will be the latest indigenous star to join his small stable.

While Rushton has secured the $4 million Tigers deal, it is understood the management switch could be finalised as soon as Tuesday.

While the reigning premiers remain keen to get Mitchell off their books immediately, Roosters coach Trent Robinson has rejected reports suggesting he will dump the centre to reserve grade if he chooses to see out the last year of his deal.

As of Saturday afternoon, Roosters coaching staff were expecting Mitchell to show at training on Monday morning.

Spot On

Coach
What a shit show.

Heard some at Souths consider Mitchell a 600 - 650K player a season only. Really makes little sense if Gagai is on 700K plus.

Sure is a decent pay cut from the 800K offer he had at the Roosters.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a shit show.

Heard some at Souths consider Mitchell a 600 - 650K player a season only. Really makes little sense if Gagai is on 700K plus.

Sure is a decent pay cut from the 800K offer he had at the Roosters.
I wouldn’t believe that mate, I believe if he comes it’s to play fullback and the talk I’ve heard is around the 800k ball park.

Latest posts