What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I have had a cauliflower pizza base and it was pretty good to be honest. But I do avoid unnecessary carbs these days.

I have missed this place.

I hadn't forgotten about you though........

Thanks, carbs are bad for fat f**ks like me.......that is a lesson I have learnt (learned?) which took 40 f**king years!!

Essentially what I have done has been really easy, one aspect I have been pretty good at for quite some time which is exercising, I was always aiming to do between 15 to 18 thousand steps a day and achieved it always, the difference is now I have increased to between 23 and 25 thousand steps a day and at a much higher intensity.

I also run 3 times a week, not very fast (around 7 and a half minutes per km and I will average around 8 minutes and a half walking per km. I was previously walking almost 11 minutes per km.

I burn over 7,500 kjs a day too.

The food side has been way easier than I thought too, I have Turkish toast for breakfast with butter and Vegemite, I haven't eaten lunch in about 3 years so I still don't cause I am way too busy at work anyways.

Dinner is where I have made the biggest impact. I used to have a massive plate for dinner every night full of carbs and other fatty goodness. Now I either have a tiny bowl of whatever we are having and replace pasta with either brown rice (very, very small amount), or if spaghetti bolognese I have the lean pork mince in a roasted capsicum OR I will have a NutriBullet juice instead of a meal. I also make sure I don't eat for 24 hours once a week.

The most important thing for me has been having a cheat day, so I have chosen a Saturday to eat whatever the f**k I want and I GO. TO. TOWN!!!!!!

I hovered between 120 and 125 for about 5 years and then the last 2 or 3 years I really let myself go to over 140 when afternoon snacks started sneaking in and weekends were just a pig out fest. Sundays have been the biggest change for me, I used to snack all day and then have 2 massive plates of dinner. Now I have a small dish of whatever is cooked and I feel the best I have ever felt on a Monday.

The catalyst for all of this is where it will work forever for me personally and why it has been an obsession for me...........needles! I have an irrational fear of needles, and I mean panic attack type fear (actually happened the last 2 times). At the end of August I finally gave in after 4 years and had another blood test for my doctor and she said that I had slightly elevated glucose and Cholesterol and she asked if I ate a lot of chocolate (like I said it had crept up) and I said yes probably a little too much now and then she said the magic word, "what about carbs?".

I said my life was carbs 7 days a week and she said carbs turn into sugars (which I really didn't realise) and I should cut back on those things and instead of 6 months, she would give me a year to do another blood test cause she knows how scared I am of needles so she wasn't too worried right now.

Of course I went home and put the figures in google and it tells me those are pre diabetic numbers and are reversible but the path you are going down with those numbers is needles every day and that was the cure I needed to stop eating that way. I am literally scared to eat these days which is great for me personally.

Anyways, if you read all that thanks and sorry for boring you.

I had only just refreshed my wardrobe just before I started this and yes, there is no way I can wear them anymore. I was in a 6XL shirt from Johnny BIGG and 2 weeks ago I purchased my first 2XL shirt in about 15 years.

The other funny thing is that I have a whole bunch of clothes that used to fit 125 kg me but with this I flew past those and now all those things win on me too, so I have an Eels NFL style jersey that I love and was tight on me at 125 so out of the realms of possibility at 140+ and now at about 102 it f**king swims on me and looks terrible on and I am very sad!

Anyways, yes I need a new wardrobe.

Don't you mean "all Korn"............

I'm glad its working our for you and you are learning all about the food groups

what sort of exercise are you doing ? last we spoke you were doing a lot of 10 mins walking here and there which added up to more than an hour a day but those short walks wont get your aerobic levels up and hence you wont burn fat

hindy111

Post Whore
I can't believe it took me till 40 to be told........really I am just embarrassed for being so stupid!!

I love Pasta. I just have a small belly and noticed the difference between my portions and friends. They will consume well over double. They also drink far more alcohol.

I reckon serving size has a lot to do with it.

T.S Quint

Coach
I’ve just started eating around the rigatoni now. Just sticking to the meat and veges.

You’ve inspired me Korny!
Why didn’t anyone else on this site ever give any advice about the evils of carbs?

hindy111

Post Whore
I’ve just started eating around the rigatoni now. Just sticking to the meat and veges.

Why didn’t anyone else on this site ever give any advice about the evils of carbs?

I eat Pasta about twice a week. What's the problem?
Just have a small plate.

strider

Post Whore
f**king awesome korny ... read all the post with interest ... 102kg is fantastic ... i would be very happy to get to around 105 myself .... i got up to around 125 last september, about 112 now .... must admit i have been eating badly over xmas and pretty much stalled around 112 - 115

Ive done very little exercise .... pretty much all diet .... far reduced carbs, less food in general, often no breakfast .... but it feels really easy cos i still eat lots of yummy protein

Now i want keto singapore noodles

f**king awesome korny ... read all the post with interest ... 102kg is fantastic ... i would be very happy to get to around 105 myself .... i got up to around 125 last september, about 112 now .... must admit i have been eating badly over xmas and pretty much stalled around 112 - 115

Ive done very little exercise .... pretty much all diet .... far reduced carbs, less food in general, often no breakfast .... but it feels really easy cos i still eat lots of yummy protein

Reading some of the comments about the shiritaka noodles the opinion seems divided. But plenty saying if you do it right they're OK. Might even use them for spag bol.

T.S Quint

Coach
I’m 6’3” and 104 kgs.
I’ve always been pretty thin but now have a bit too much around the belly and arse.
Been working on losing the fat recently though through regular PT sessions and now walking home from work instead of driving. Still have a lot of work to do on my diet though.

Kornstar

Coach
I’m eating a bowl full of carbs right now.

f**k.

I hope it was nice :)

I'm glad its working our for you and you are learning all about the food groups

what sort of exercise are you doing ? last we spoke you were doing a lot of 10 mins walking here and there which added up to more than an hour a day but those short walks wont get your aerobic levels up and hence you wont burn fat

I was walking for about 70/80 minutes a day but you are right I would rarely do over 30 mins at one time.

Now I will still do a lot of shorter walks during the day because I get in a walk around the block in between meetings and stuff but I will generally also do about 30 mins at lunch with a bit more emphasis on intensity and then at night time I will do about a 6.5km walk and 3 times a week when I am on that 6.5 km I will run part of that for roughly 3 or 4 kms of the 6.5 and average probably 8 to 8:30 per km which also ensures my heart rate is in the burning zone.

I never thought of myself as someone who would ever be able to run but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be however I am not even remotely motivated to do any type of distance running or anything, just enough to remain fit and slimmer than I was.

I love Pasta. I just have a small belly and noticed the difference between my portions and friends. They will consume well over double. They also drink far more alcohol.

I reckon serving size has a lot to do with it.

Serving size has made a ridiculous difference to me for sure. I do not drink alcohol so that is in my favour to I guess.

I am sorry if I have bought this back up again, I really haven't been active on here for a while.I also wouldn't give advice because I am positive that any professional would be helloing me that what I am doing is completely against what is advisable.........

To combat xmas/new years (I am on holidays till Monday too) I gave myself and extra cheat day each week of the 3 weeks of holidays because there are just too many events that makes it hard to be good all the time and I have been successful outside of the 2 cheat days in these holidays I have not had anything I wouldn't normally have and it has worked cause I have lost weight over this period.

You are a good man Korny. Really happy for you.

Thank you kind, sir.

I’m 6’3” and 104 kgs.
I’ve always been pretty thin but now have a bit too much around the belly and arse.
Been working on losing the fat recently though through regular PT sessions and now walking home from work instead of driving. Still have a lot of work to do on my diet though.

In the next few months I want to start a PT session a week but I just want to work myself into it and be fitter to get through it.

Im gonna call it ... we have successfully hijacked this thread ... job well done

f**king Kornstar

Sorry all, I really do feel bad.

I am looking forward to the games this weekend, will be interesting to see if there will be any upsets as they all seem like there is a pretty clear favourite in each game.