What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's alright, both will be medically retired in a couple years so they can sign Kalyn Ponga and David Fifita, while still paying Sam Burgess.
Geez aren't Souffs such battlers?

Lose Sammy & GI and replace them with Arrow & Latrine within 12 months.

At least we don't pretend to be battlers at the Roosters. We know we're one of the fortunate teams where as Souffs still play the "battler" card even though they're owned by two multi million/billionaires.

Valheru

Coach
Geez aren't Souffs such battlers?

Lose Sammy & GI and replace them with Arrow & Latrine within 12 months.

At least we don't pretend to be battlers at the Roosters. We know we're one of the fortunate teams where as Souffs still play the "battler" card even though they're owned by two multi million/billionaires.

I'm just waiting for all the "souths understand indigenous players" articles.

Xcalibre

Juniors
When you have a big time Hollywood actor at your disposal to entertain prospective players at their farm, it’s no surprise they end up signing gun players on less than they could get anywhere else.

Yeah right! More like....

“Hey Latrell, we’ll give you $600k this year and $1.5m each year for the next 10.”

Latrell says, “How can you afford that?”

“Don’t worry mate, you’ll certainly need ‘medical retirement’ by year 8.”

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Imagine the Souths outrage when they drop out in another preliminary final after signing a future star QLD lock forward (Arrow) and the future Greg Inglis in Latrell Mitchell.

Also I wonder if Souths fans will boo Arrow and Latrell due to them not being Souths juniors. Souths fans hate the Roosters for signing star players...

We wouldn’t want to get penalised for not using all of the salary cap. The NRL forced our hand here...

I hope the Tigers and their new board dude have learnt a lesson here - he came out swinging, beating his chest and measuring dicks but came up with 0. Big red flags right from the start.

Souths played it low key, denied it, protected the player and sealed it.

Souffs played it cool but that’s only because he was never going anywhere else. Tigers were never in with a chance

BranVan3000

Coach
Roosters fans:

images

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Sad that Roosters fans can't just be happy for him. He's busted a gut for your club and been instrumental in you winning two grand finals.

Just wants to play fullback but sadly you can't offer that to him and he's been forced to look elsewhere.

Should be no hard feelings and you all should just wish him the best.

Got carried by the team in many games and got more time off than anyone else at the club because he busted a gut?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Are roosters fans generally surprised that Latrell is coming to Souths? Something like this was always going to happen after you signed Crichton. I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys made a huge play for Cameron Murray.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I hope the Tigers and their new board dude have learnt a lesson here - he came out swinging, beating his chest and measuring dicks but came up with 0. Big red flags right from the start.

Souths played it low key, denied it, protected the player and sealed it.

If there’s something I can tell you about the Tigers, they don’t learn their lesson

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lololol, the flat tracker rolled the dice and came up souffs eyes. Hopefully Sir Wayne will introduce some accountability into the bloke's career and we see him step up when the roosters aren't up 36-6, or playing the Titans (not mutually exclusive).
He was never worth that top of the pile cash for the output he gives, so maybe this will spur him into action to try and get his NSW jersey back.