What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
I remember Gruden was a big fan of Johnny Manziel. Was commentating at the Draft and was amazed he wasn’t taken higher.
That’s when I had an idea that Gruden may not be the best judge of QBs.

Gruden is over-rated - I wish we would have recruited a coach who was in touch with the modern game.

Gruden is on the record as being happy with this season.

I mean...wtf? We had a legitimate chance to play post-season football, and we blew it through useless defence, and a QB who takes no chances whatsoever...

Gruden is out of touch.

Joke's on the Raiders, though - we were stupid enough to sign him for 10 years...

hindy111

Post Whore
Well to be honest the last 7/8 superbowl winner have been traditional types
Brady,P.Manning,E.Manning,N.Foles,
Flacco...R.Wilson is only dual threat guy.

T.S Quint

Coach

Most dual threat QBs aren’t great passers. Wilson is the exception, but Jackson also seems to be good enough in the pocket to win it all.
Kaepernick came close, but just fell short.

hindy111

Post Whore
Most dual threat QBs aren’t great passers. Wilson is the exception, but Jackson also seems to be good enough in the pocket to win it all.
Kaepernick came close, but just fell short.

Watson and Mahome are great passers.
Lamar will be flushed out within 3yrs imo. This years his chance before teams work hin out.
Wentz is mobile but not a dual threat. He will be there in 10yrs. Same as that guy Giants picked up. JONES.

T.S Quint

Coach
Watson and Mahome are great passers.
Lamar will be flushed out within 3yrs imo. This years his chance before teams work hin out.
Wentz is mobile but not a dual threat. He will be there in 10yrs. Same as that guy Giants picked up. JONES.

Lamar can pass. He’s not a one trick pony.

Eelementary

Post Whore

That's true.

I think the tide is beginning to change - you need a QB who passes first, but is capable of picking up 10 yards with his scramble, when necessary.

Carr can do that - he is just scared of contact.

Last edited:

jk13

First Grade
Nah, their defence was ordinary but take a look at Greg Roman, f**ker never has a plan b. Gave me the shits for years.
If it ends up chiefs vs niners, could b close to the greatest sb ever

hindy111

Post Whore
Nah, their defence was ordinary but take a look at Greg Roman, f**ker never has a plan b. Gave me the shits for years.
If it ends up chiefs vs niners, could b close to the greatest sb ever

49rs impressed me. Well balanced team.
Titans have the form QB and the best RB in NFL. I think they can go all the way. Defense is great also

hindy111

Post Whore
Lamar wasn’t great, but his receivers dropping a whole bunch of passes didn’t help.
Ravens were just off their game today.
I’m not totally unhappy about it.

A lot of Lamars passes where slightly infront or behind. I haven't seen a lot of him but it seemed like more the game plan was him running and Titans picked it everytime just about. Especialy those 4th and 1s

T.S Quint

Coach
A lot of Lamars passes where slightly infront or behind. I haven't seen a lot of him but it seemed like more the game plan was him running and Titans picked it everytime just about. Especialy those 4th and 1s

Titans defended superbly. I agree.
But just about all of those drops were there to be caught. They’ve been catching them all year but just had cold hands today. Slightly in front or behind doesn’t matter for a good receiver. If it hits their hands they are most likely going to catch it.

strider

Post Whore
Why are the 49ers suddenly championship contenders?

Is it normal to turn it around in a season in the NFL?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why are the 49ers suddenly championship contenders?

Is it normal to turn it around in a season in the NFL?

Good scouting and recruitment, and a predominantly healthy roster.

They also used the draft well, and picked up some gems.

And I would wager that the Niners probably have two of the fastest RB's in football, which definitely helps.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Packers get up 28-23.

Haven't watched the game yet just tracking the online scores