What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Morris Best Club

Dragon David

First Grade
He says that the Roosters are the best club he has played for. He backs this declaration up by saying "I think the people within the organisation, they want to see you succeed and do well. The professionalism, the staff we have here are incredible. I think it's the best staff I've worked under probably in my career.

"Those guys, the amount of work they put in, you want to do the same thing on the field, and you want results for those guys."

"No offence to the others, I enjoyed my time there, but I'd have to say this (Roosters) club is up there".

From this it is obvious that our club has been badly run for years even before the Bennett era. I think the business acumen of Nick Politis and the Roosters administrators are of high standing and know how to look after their players - the main component of the the big wheel that keeps churning out success for the club. If your players are well looked after and happy then they repay the club by winning games. Are our guys looked after and happy? I doubt it!

possm

Coach
He says that the Roosters are the best club he has played for. He backs this declaration up by saying "I think the people within the organisation, they want to see you succeed and do well. The professionalism, the staff we have here are incredible. I think it's the best staff I've worked under probably in my career.

"Those guys, the amount of work they put in, you want to do the same thing on the field, and you want results for those guys."

"No offence to the others, I enjoyed my time there, but I'd have to say this (Roosters) club is up there".

From this it is obvious that our club has been badly run for years even before the Bennett era. I think the business acumen of Nick Politis and the Roosters administrators are of high standing and know how to look after their players - the main component of the the big wheel that keeps churning out success for the club. If your players are well looked after and happy then they repay the club by winning games. Are our guys looked after and happy? I doubt it!
Yes our staff and their old boys club, with their noses in the trough, have fallen a long way down the ladder of greatness since Frank Facer was in charge. I thought the change in ownership would make an immediate and positive difference in a positive way. Morris is right and so, until there is positive change at SGI, we will continue in a downward spiral.

denis preston

First Grade
In regard to the rorters heard that Bouris is heavily involved in player property investments through his yellow brick road business.They have interest free loans for the players and well as no repayments and the property is sold after 3 or 4 years and the profit goes to the player.So a 700k unit is sold for 950k after 3 years so this adds at least 80k a year to a contract. Apparently legal as the cap considers this a players personal spending. I despise the rorters but got to admit most of this is outright jealousy.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
In regard to the rorters heard that Bouris is heavily involved in player property investments through his yellow brick road business.They have interest free loans for the players and well as no repayments and the property is sold after 3 or 4 years and the profit goes to the player.So a 700k unit is sold for 950k after 3 years so this adds at least 80k a year to a contract. Apparently legal as the cap considers this a players personal spending. I despise the rorters but got to admit most of this is outright jealousy.
Meh... An interest free loan is nothing to write home about..

We’ve got the power of St George Bank to lure players over to us, who offer all the players their very own happy dragon money box with their home loans..
images

Dragon David

First Grade
what about the times when roosters got the wooden spoon , they weren't the great club then
Yes, they had it bad in 2009 coming last and then 11th, 13th in 2011 and 2012 then 15th in 2016 so they did have bad seasons not like the Storm - although they of course had cheated a few years with their salary caps. Anyway, Brett can only say good things about the Roosters as he is with them now.

I'd like someone in our club to stand up and say the same good things about the Dragons - anybody there? I can't hear you!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Its a pity that these extraneous type incentives are available to some in those "special" clubs. There just is not an even playing field and yes, jealousy comes into it.

Dragon David

First Grade
Meh... An interest free loan is nothing to write home about..

We’ve got the power of St George Bank to lure players over to us, who offer all the players their very own happy dragon money box with their home loans..
images
Yeah good one!

Dragon David

First Grade
It does look like the Morris boys will get to play in the same team again in a few weeks time. They will end their careers at the Roosters just like their dad. Could this be the year that Josh finally wins a grand final? Who cares you say? Fair enough!

Dragon David

First Grade
How is it that the Roosters get their way most of the time? I think JMoz is a good replacement for LMitch.

YoHadrian

Juniors
If Latrell had of expressed his love for the Chooks organisation more often then perhaps the Roosters wouldn't have let him go so easily.

blue bags

First Grade
Except that the Roosters don’t accept 2 bad seasons in a row. We’ve had almost an entire decade barring a massive overachievement in 2018. The people running this club are amateurs.
other teams have a worse record the last decade