What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Quarantining the players off is a bit pie in the sky anyway. Reality is the season is done as soon as a player gets corona. And there's a good chance that's already happened.

The game will survive with a $75mil reserve and government help. Reduced salaries across the board from execs to players. That's if something can't be worked out with the broadcasters.

wibble

Bench
This forum is great, I've never met so many legal experts, medical experts, political experts, financial experts etc.. in the same place

People were telling me last month the forums would be boring if we couldn't make joking threats about teenage girls. They would surely be more bored if we had to be experts before posting anything.

For what it's worth, I've studied medicine, mathematics, and demographics at university, but none of those are my field of expertise, and I'm certainly not the Chief Medical Officer, so I guess I just have to continue being "some guy on the internet".

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
By my calcs, If they go home straight after round 2 match “forfeit” round 3, they could just come out of quarantine to play round 4, if the NRL move their round 4 game out a day. If the Tigers make the trip over to NZ that is..

Sounds ridiculous and it is...
...because once the Tigers come back to Australia, they'll have to self isolate as well.

The Warriors have to stay if the competition is to continue after Round 2.

bileduct

Coach
By my calcs, If they go home straight after round 2 match “forfeit” round 3, they could just come out of quarantine to play round 4, if the NRL move their round 4 game out a day. If the Tigers make the trip over to NZ that is..

But the Tigers would be in quarantine. Both when going there and when coming back.

The_Wookie

Bench
Nrl has $72million cash reserve from yrs 1&2 of tv deal

No they dont. They spent their cash reserve on their NRL media operation. The cash they have, they is courtesy of a $100 million broadcast advance received over 2017-2018 and needed for to pay their huge amount of current liaility payables.

wibble

Bench

...because once the Tigers come back to Australia, they'll have to self isolate as well.

The Warriors have to stay if the competition is to continue after Round 2.

But the Tigers would be in quarantine. Both when going there and when coming back.

I guess the NRL and clubs will be planning and manoeuvring and discussing for a few weeks, but it is all pretty pointless. The competition seems destined for suspension in a week or two (and quite possibly abandonment for the season).

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Mixed the post up with the poster wanting to do NRL Club social Darwinism

Im not advocating killing the clubs.

But this is the ARLCs opportunity to grab control that they havent had since pre-SL.

Dont like the piece or shit stadium a club plays out of? Make that part of the bailout deal.
Worried about the fight for funding that will happen at the next tv deal? Have them sign now.

This is the perfect chance to reform what is wrong with the NRL.

Maximus

Coach
it is a joke isn’t it, pretty sure there is absolutely no science behind it.

That's great. I think we'll all take the opinion of the expert over yours thanks

This forum is great, I've never met so many legal experts, medical experts, political experts, financial experts etc.. in the same place

What's amazing is the people who are experts in all of these fields.

Canard

Immortal
Im not advocating killing the clubs.

But this is the ARLCs opportunity to grab control that they havent had since pre-SL.

Dont like the piece or shit stadium a club plays out of? Make that part of the bailout deal.
Worried about the fight for funding that will happen at the next tv deal? Have them sign now.

This is the perfect chance to reform what is wrong with the NRL.

This is a shit take, and would be PR suicide.

Latest posts