What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Panthers

Tuddy

Juniors
Don't forget Soward wasn't much chop until super coach Bennett came along, all it takes is a smart operator to change our fortunes, fundamentally I think we have a decent squad a coach like Bennett would attract additional talents like the Jeremy Smith's and Darius Boyd's of the world.
Sack McGregor Now!

I absolutely believe that this is the case. What’s the point in waiting for the inevitable?

Pro Dragons

Juniors
10 up 10 to go. Past experiences told me we were capable of losing from there. I think we need Geoff Turvey to replace Mcgregor to instill some mental toughness into this side and to learn how to win these games.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So the Dragons stats now sit at a total of 4 victories from the last 20 NRL matches from 2019-20. The Peanut coach is still comfortable being uncomfortable because he says he’s only 2 matches into his 2 year contract. Shoot me now!
f**k me. 4 from 20? Really?

I had no idea it was that bad.

I have a cactus in my back yard that has offered to take over from Mary. I think it can do better.

qld redvee

Juniors
once again the bench rotation was superb by supercoach . Brittain on for the last 6 minutes ( plus the 15 for hia ) so luke is a 60 minute player ?? if thats the case I think we need to push hunt to hooker and bring clune onto the bench to give us more attack ..
good fightback after looking like penrith were going to put 40 on us.
cant have graham play the first 30 and last 10 . start with kerr for longer minutes
not sure about merrin doesnt seem to have an impact ( imo ) still need someone to take control to close the game but if tyson doesnt slip then different ending maybe thought tyrell had a mighty game and i would consider him for lafais spot .
still too much power game which only sees us crawl up the field need more attack

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
10 up 10 to go. Past experiences told me we were capable of losing from there. I think we need Geoff Turvey to replace Mcgregor to instill some mental toughness into this side and to learn how to win these games.
f**k Geoff Turvey or Steve Turvey Mortimer. Dragons need a coach like Bellamy or Robinson or Bennett

SAP58

Juniors
f**k Geoff Turvey or Steve Turvey Mortimer. Dragons need a coach like Bellamy or Robinson or Bennett
But we wont get any of them, the club wont do a thing whilst there is a chance the season will be called off or shortened and save money on McNoidea's payout. Business decision, gee we have suffered badly from that outrageous decision to give him a two year extension without a performance clause.

rasaint

Juniors
When the rub of the green deserts you nothing quite works out.

Mansour throws chucks it up and backwards it bounces back ackeardly to Kilauea then Tyson catches his foot on the marker and falls over leaving yawning gap for last try. BTW Tyson almost scores a try often doesn’t he.

Great to have speed in the team. Even many of his detractors on the forum must admit they loved that Dufty intercept sprint. BTW Lomax tried very hard so good on him. He also got cleaned up off the ball in front of the refs and got nothing?

Unfortunately a few soft ones went Panthers way and they closed it out.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Build you up to let you down.
That's the dragons way so at least we're used to it. And will expect nothing different until peanut head is removed from his masquerade impression of an nrl standard coach. At least they tried hard in patches but the team is rotten to the core.

All I have left is the hope that it will be discovered that Mary, Hunt & Norman are NZ citizens so that they can be deported because what they are doing is criminal.
Also, what was Fittler on when he described Lomax as "the gifted one"? What is he gifted at? Tightrope walking? Lacrosse? Cos he's a bog ordinary footballer. Bog ordinary in the way that Mick Beattie and Mark Coyne were bog ordinary. But at least they had some ticker.

jeffdragon

Bench
When the rub of the green deserts you nothing quite works out.

Mansour throws chucks it up and backwards it bounces back ackeardly to Kilauea then Tyson catches his foot on the marker and falls over leaving yawning gap for last try. BTW Tyson almost scores a try often doesn’t he.

Great to have speed in the team. Even many of his detractors on the forum must admit they loved that Dufty intercept sprint. BTW Lomax tried very hard so good on him. He also got cleaned up off the ball in front of the refs and got nothing?

Unfortunately a few soft ones went Panthers way and they closed it out.
But only the dragons do it.
How many tries do we give from shit ofloads.
We don't try these our forwards stop with the ball.

blacksafake

First Grade
That was a total referee f**k up that cost us a match.
Can't work out the penalty that led to a try after Ben Hunt tackle for hold down maybe.
Great performance from the Dragons we will win a game or two if we continue like that. I'm ok thanks for worrying.
The penalty was supposedly for Lomax tackling a player without the ball yet Lomax was taken out in the first half & it’s play on.
Go figure :thinking: