What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Panthers

Geez why don't Foxtel have a camera in my house with sound. First 20 minutes they would have turned down the sound but is your a lip reader they would get the picture.
Now we're ok Penrith gone to shit but might come back.
We just need luck and certainly not with us for 20 of the first half.
Prophetic

thebigredv

First Grade
There was so much to like about Tyrrell and Kerr. Tyrell was best player on the field for both sides. Thought we had the game in the bag about when Luke got us a penalty at marker. And I remember thinking finally someone with some match awareness.

Dufty, Williame, Lafai and Britain were strong and we looked a different side even to last week. Graham's definitely done. He should only play if others injured

Was good to see Norman and Hunt more effective at times. Far from dominant but they did combine better.

It's all not much solace however but then again it's one less thing for the coach to hide behind.

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
There was so much to like about Tyrrell and Kerr. Tyrell was best player on the field for both sides. Thought we had the game in the bag about when Luke got us a penalty at marker. And I remember thinking finally someone with some match awareness.

Dufty, Williams, Lafai and Britain were strong and we looked a different side even to last week. Graham's definitely done. He should only play if others injured

Was good to see Norman and Hunt more effective at times. Far from dominant but they did combine better.

It's all not much solace however but then again it's one less thing for the coach to hide behind.
Same side still lost when should of won.
Get used to losing again.
We needed to win at least one of the first two, cause we play the heavyweights of the comp except for the warriors till round 11.
1-10 by then.

redv13

Bench
It kills me to say it coz I love the bloke and his passion but Jimmy G, what’s going on there??Absolute champion but he’s cooked already. Played about 30 odd mins tonight?? Zero impact and this hard bastard doesn’t deserve a whole season of this after everything he has put into the game overall. Quite sad really and it’s only round 2. Josh Kerr on the other hand is looking bloody fantastic and looks ready for a breakout season

Walpole

Juniors
So 5 of our next 6 are Raiders, Eels, Bunnies, Roosters and Melbourne.

Good thing we played the weaker teams first.

RedVDave

First Grade
Same side still lost when should of won.
Get used to losing again.
We needed to win at least one of the first two, cause we play the heavyweights of the comp except for the warriors till round 11.
1-10 by then.

New CEO starts in April if we are winless by then surely he would have the gusto to sack Mary.

I mean we all joke about Mary's excuses but everything has changed since last year players, staff, assistant coaches if we are performing badly it'll will have to spell the end surely.

So the Dragons stats now sit at a total of 4 victories from the last 20 NRL matches from 2019-20. The Peanut coach is still comfortable being uncomfortable because he says he’s only 2 matches into his 2 year contract. Shoot me now!
But don't forget...there were lots of positive signs:
* Pulled the right reign selecting Dufty at FB and Lomax on the wing.
* Would have won if sims was not suspended.
*Our attack is starting to gel - the D will come later.
*Unlucky in the captain's challenge.
I could be a script writer for the press conferences!!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
But we wont get any of them, the club wont do a thing whilst there is a chance the season will be called off or shortened and save money on McNoidea's payout. Business decision, gee we have suffered badly from that outrageous decision to give him a two year extension without a performance clause.
Who was the dumb merkin that extended his contract? The same CEO who quit because he knew he was useless

Dragonsamy

Bench
Just some dragons stats from the game
Dufty 14 runs for 159meters 5 tackles 3 missed
JP 11 runs 103 meters 4 tackles 0 misses
Williame 12 runs 115 meters 11 tackles 1 miss
Lafai 12 runs for 116 meters 10 tackles 2 miss
Lomax 12 for 122 9takles 0 misses
Vaughan 13 for 140 meters 35 tackles o miss
Frizell 11 for 105 meters 34 tackles 0 misses
Tyrell 14 for 176 meters 35 tackles 1 misses
Lawrie 13 for 119 meters 36 tackles 0 misses