What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
Yes that would be ironically tragic given that this thread and a multitude of other posts on other threads has been calling for his sacking and he could end up saying he never actually was sacked if he was to be let go because of the virus. That would be the ultimate twist in this long saga, Haha!

Hey, we could send this entire thread off to the printers

It would become an instant bestseller around the world

- an instruction manual on:

how not to coach
how not to choke under duress
how not to mess up careers
how not to conduct pressers
how not to destroy a club
how not to bankrupt benefactors
how not to trust white lines
How not to display low IQ
How not to be loathed by fans

But also a text for the ages for the unscrupulous & morally challenged on:

how to deflect to survive
how to corrupt due process
how to reward loyal mates
how to massage sucker CEO’s
how to coddle a support base
how to destroy disloyal talent
how to avoid responsibility
how to deny failure & still smirk
how to turn delusion into art
how to self-destruct your career

(& deny it ever happened)

It was the virus!!

Anyone for a title?

I mean “THE SACKING OF MCGREGOR” is far too bland to sell?

PS
I could be mistaken, but a thread re Club finances may have been taken down this morning?

Or could it be that Andrew Gordon has a glass jaw when it comes to someone suggesting his business acumen is impaired by his friendship with Waterboy??

Last edited:

sa1nt5

Juniors
Gus suggests self interest is a huge issue in the NRL.

He believes it could rip the game apart.

Gus needs to buy a mirror.

The level of hypocrisy within his statements is mind boggling, considering he is a cheerleader for the McGregor self interest club, if not the CEO, coupled with his sacking of Cleary, sacking of Hook reappointment of Cleary.

Time for Gould to wander off from the damage he had caused due to his own self interest.

Just 2 years ago most held Gould in high regard, as an astute mind in all facets of rugby league.

Now, he can’t be seen as anything other than an imbecile.

blacksafake

First Grade

The level of hypocrisy within his statements is mind boggling, considering he is a cheerleader for the McGregor self interest club, if not the CEO, coupled with his sacking of Cleary, sacking of Hook reappointment of Cleary.

Time for Gould to wander off from the damage he had caused due to his own self interest.

Just 2 years ago most held Gould in high regard, as an astute mind in all facets of rugby league.

Gus certainly knows a lot about the game but it is a pity most of his comments have hidden agendas which unfortunately is rife in the game. Hopefully self interest will not have any bearings when the game gets up. & running again.

thebigredv

First Grade
Reading about hidden agendas and entitled players makes me think it might be a good thing to 'kill off' the game temporarily and build it again, better, and minus Paul McGregor. McGregor has been allowed to enact that much harm on our club and endless pain on Dragons supporters. Look at this thread, started in mid 2016, when he'd already been given many opportunities to prove himself as a coach. Not a thing has changed.

I'm disappointed there is no footy tomorrow, yes, I will miss it, but it may all work out for the better. If not now, when?

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Hey, we could send this entire thread off to the printers

It would become an instant bestseller around the world

- an instruction manual on:

how not to coach
how not to choke under duress
how not to mess up careers
how not to conduct pressers
how not to destroy a club
how not to bankrupt benefactors
how not to trust white lines
How not to display low IQ
How not to be loathed by fans

But also a text for the ages for the unscrupulous & morally challenged on:

how to deflect to survive
how to corrupt due process
how to reward loyal mates
how to massage sucker CEO’s
how to coddle a support base
how to destroy disloyal talent
how to avoid responsibility
how to deny failure & still smirk
how to turn delusion into art
how to self-destruct your career

(& deny it ever happened)

It was the virus!!

Anyone for a title?

I mean “THE SACKING OF MCGREGOR” is far too bland to sell?

PS
I could be mistaken, but a thread re Club finances may have been taken down this morning?

Or could it be that Andrew Gordon has a glass jaw when it comes to someone suggesting his business acumen is impaired by his friendship with Waterboy??
Very very true

LINESPEED

Juniors
Reading about hidden agendas and entitled players makes me think it might be a good thing to 'kill off' the game temporarily and build it again, better, and minus Paul McGregor. McGregor has been allowed to enact that much harm on our club and endless pain on Dragons supporters. Look at this thread, started in mid 2016, when he'd already been given many opportunities to prove himself as a coach. Not a thing has changed.

I'm disappointed there is no footy tomorrow, yes, I will miss it, but it may all work out for the better. If not now, when?

“But I just can’t see any progress for the players or theteam until we havea new coach.”

SBD82’s above comment from another thread (sorry) is the crux of the matter at hand, and McDinosaur’s removal warrants our absolute attention on this Forum during the window of opportunity that we now have.

He was almost sacked last year, but was saved by the cellardwelling Titans - and he was due for the fatal blow this weekend, yet gets another seemingly miraculous reprieve.

Now is the time for maximum pressure on him & the Board, not petty squabbles between posters & endless fantasising about better team selections that will never happen with Waterboy there??

There might be a lot of rejigging in Clubs & the NRL over the next 6 weeks as the focus shifts from footy & contracts & teamlist permutations to administration & Club housekeeping - a taking stock if you like.

Let’s forget his treachery in 2014 & the endless sagas of failure since, and consider that any measure of objectivity and calm assessment of our coach’s perfomance - over the last 20 games let’s say - would universally demand his immediate removal.

Any competent Board in the world would have acted - out of sheer self respect

But of course ours is corrupted & selfserving

The are NO plausible arguments for his retention.

Club finances would soar with his removal - easily offsetting a payout

The entire NRL fanbase, players & Media are just waiting for it - the longest avoidable pricktease in history

But no, Andrew Gordon, who should be our co-focus with Waterboy right now, is belligerently keeping his pathetic mate at the helm, in spite of his rudderless 7 year tenure.

And Andrew needs the blowtorch job right now -
during what will be a short but potentially positive period of renewal for many Clubs.

And it would seem that Andrew is very sensitive to the dodgy methodologies of his takeover, given yesterday’s deletion of my posting simply questioning why the highest bidder failed & repeating a media report on such.

Certainly the new outsider would’ve shafted, like Bennett, an incompetent Waterboy & put a cat among the Old Boys & Illawarra pigeons.

Relentless stats, truth & facts can undo these bastar*s & give us back our Club

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors

Yep - what mindless hypocrisy & stupidity

Thete’s absolutely no doubt that Gould’s integrity outside of his media bubble has collapsed because of his ludicrous ars*licking review

- & incomprehensible support of Waterboy in the face of results, stats, facts & the universal disdain of the fans.

Some truth & honesty would’ve saved his reputation.

When the sacking comes there’ll be a lot of mopping up & restitution to do across the board -

....and the likes of Gould, Crawley, Kent & Hooper to name a few, will wonder what the fuc/k they were doing supporting the skidmark on Dragon history.

Pull your finger out Andrew - and get yourself on the right side of the ledger & history

PS
So much for the Dragons becoming an “International Brand” as promised WTF’
(No players want to go anywhere near your Club - it’s the NRL basket case)

And what of the bullshi* promise from BJ that with your buyout we’d be in the mix for a top 4 spot every year FFS?

You & Waterboy done real good eh?

And yes Andrew you were fuc/kin worried about an outsider (buyer) not being experienced enough for “the trials and tribulations” of rugby league!

Mate, courtesy of Waterboy you’ve created them - and shat in your own backyard with him?

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors

Thete’s absolutely no doubt that Gould’s integrity outside of his media bubble has collapsed because of his ludicrous ars*licking review

- & incomprehensible support of Waterboy in the face of results, stats, facts & the universal disdain of the fans.

When the sacking comes there’ll be a lot of mopping up & restitution to do across the board -

....and the likes of Gould, Crawley, Kent & Hooper to name a few, will wonder what the fuc/k they were doing supporting the skidmark on Dragon history.

Pull your finger out Andrew - and get yourself on the right side of the ledger & history

PS

And what of the bullshi* promise from BJ that with your buyout we’d be in the mix for a top 4 spot every year FFS?

And yes Andrew you were fuc/kin worried about an outsider (buyer) not being experienced enough for “the trials and tribulations” of rugby league!

Mate, courtesy of Waterboy you’ve created them - and shat in your own backyard with him?
Give it to the bas!@#ds !!

sa1nt5

Juniors
Thanks mary for again we have a junior dragon leaving our famous club. Newcastle has signed frizell will be announced in days.
This is just gut wrenching.
Gould you’re officially a useless gullible fool.
Right, Gordon, no words describe the laughing stock you currently are.
I’ll try.
it’s just your access to money that stops people laughing in your face,
some need the cash you pay in their professional life, others to leverage you in order to not use their own liquidity.
Your peers, or at least as you might see them, can only see an instrument to be played.
Just as McGregor has played you, ostensibly a business nobody.
Consider how Kermit the frog operates, that’s you.
Guess the position McGregor is viewed as operating from.

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors
Steve Price was able to land another coaching gig albeit in the UK and made a success of it.

Who will dare sign McIdiot. The Illawarra donkeys maybe. Let’s face it Andrew Farrar the precious unsuccessful Illawarra coach did he get another coaching gig. No he was appointed as football manager at the dogs and ran them into the ground until he hit the bullet.

McIdiot you have humiliated the dragons and the Illawarra district. Leave the country on a slow boat and don’t come back. Oh use your jet ski instead.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Give it to the bas!@#ds !!

As a parting gift Tyson should front the truth - unadorned - and nail The Waterboy’s incompetence as his primary reason for leaving - and throw in Andrew Gordon for not offering you a clear road forward on his coaching debacle

This is our chance right here to right the wrongs of 7 years.

Just a couple of words from you Tyson & he’s gone.

We’ll be forever indebted to you

Do it for the fans, lost & current juniors & the mighty RedV

You owe the prick nothing & the NRL will cheer you on.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
As a parting gift Tyson should front the truth - unadorned - and nail The Waterboy’s incompetence as his primary reason for leaving - and throw in Andrew Gordon for not offering you a clear road forward on his coaching debacle

This is our chance right here to right the wrongs of 7 years.

Just a couple of words from you Tyson & he’s gone.

We’ll be forever indebted to you

Do it for the fans, lost & current juniors & the mighty RedV

You owe the prick nothing & the NRL will cheer you on.
Look on the bright side. We can sign Euan & Lafai on Frizz's money. But seriously Mary will be under more pressure now than ever to walk....and a few others of his soldiers in arms

qld redvee

Juniors
Look on the bright side. We can sign Euan & Lafai on Frizz's money. But seriously Mary will be under more pressure now than ever to walk....and a few others of his soldiers in arms
BLM01,
I can hear the excuse now " Tyson deciding to leave plunged the team into chaos all my game plans revolved around Tyson we had the entire off season working on them. I made him into a rep player and we are mates . Its flanno and shepherds fault tyson is leaving he was happy last year so it cant be me .. the results were out of my control after this announcement - ring Gus he will back me up on this and crawley agrees that im a good bloke and this is not my fault "'
you can just imagine it cant you !!!! I hope Tysons exit interview is the catalyst to say bye bye to supercoach

LINESPEED

Juniors
BLM01,
I can hear the excuse now " Tyson deciding to leave plunged the team into chaos all my game plans revolved around Tyson we had the entire off season working on them. I made him into a rep player and we are mates . Its flanno and shepherds fault tyson is leaving he was happy last year so it cant be me .. the results were out of my control after this announcement - ring Gus he will back me up on this and crawley agrees that im a good bloke and this is not my fault "'
you can just imagine it cant you !!!! I hope Tysons exit interview is the catalyst to say bye bye to supercoach

Time for Graham, senior & explayers now to tell the unvarnished truth & support Tyson if he has the balls to comment.

In fact his comment about wanting a premiership should’ve been enough for the tone deaf & stat blind Andrew Gordon to rid himself of his company’s embarrassing frontman.

Pay him out & buy him a pub in Dapto - where you can drink with him & Aitken ‘till the cows come home

So go for it fellas - you’ve everything to gain

Revolt

“I hope Tysons exit interview is the catalyst to say bye bye to supercoach” -

so do I qld redvee
so do I

Last edited:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If the rumours are true, then Bennett NEEDS to be the target for next season.
Get him on a 2 year deal for season 21 and 22.

Before anybody swipes at me for being short-sighted, hear me out.

The way I see it, objectively, you're not getting anybody better than Bennett for next season. He will attract players (perhaps even Cam Murray to replace Friz) and demand success.
Dean Young will not attract players.
Bennett/Flanagan is a lethal combination. Speaks more volumes than Young/Flanno.

Then, when Bennettt throws the towel in after the conclusion of 2022, Flanno steps in when his ban lifts, we see off Bennett, keep the players that Bennett attracted, happy days.

saint16

Juniors
If the rumours are true, then Bennett NEEDS to be the target for next season.
Get him on a 2 year deal for season 21 and 22.

Before anybody swipes at me for being short-sighted, hear me out.

The way I see it, objectively, you're not getting anybody better than Bennett for next season. He will attract players (perhaps even Cam Murray to replace Friz) and demand success.
Dean Young will not attract players.
Bennett/Flanagan is a lethal combination. Speaks more volumes than Young/Flanno.

Then, when Bennettt throws the towel in after the conclusion of 2022, Flanno steps in when his ban lifts, we see off Bennett, keep the players that Bennett attracted, happy days.
Where are you hearing the rumours about Bennett?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

PS

Your a hard but fair person, LS.
Brian Johnston won the MIA Award for 2019 and has backed it up for 2020.
Daylight was second.

Latest posts