What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

3AA4BFB4-2127-4538-89D0-6107D8CF2153.jpeg
Clubs and hotels are reporting massive profits for this new machine which is being rolled out by Ajipstercrap all over NSW.

$13b lost on poker machines each year in Australia and we have 20% of the worlds machines. Estimated $34.5m saved every day with the co vid closure of venues ( source: Tim Costello thenewdaily.com.au).

Just be careful out there.

Attachments

• DDB904F7-8148-4EEC-89A7-D41D9DE10C8F.jpeg
    DDB904F7-8148-4EEC-89A7-D41D9DE10C8F.jpeg
    635.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Just look at his press conferences versus McGregor.
Grumpy, bristling answers.
Everything matters
Compared to McGregor's never ending stream of excuses and rationalizations.

Day 39
Ryan Webb

Persevering with The Waterboy in the face of the evidence?

So
- the Bookies are wrong?
- the Fans are wrong?
- the Players are wrong?
- the Results are wrong?
- the Stats of 113yrs are wrong?
- the Financials are wrong?

But

Mc56/57, The Board & the arse-licking cronies are right?

....and it’s full steam ahead for The Spoon?

Is there a word in the English language Andrew that describes this self destruction?

Last edited:
Day 39
Ryan Webb

So
- the Bookies are wrong?
- the Fans are wrong?
- the Players are wrong?
- the Results are wrong?

But

Is there a word in the English language Andrew that describes this self destruction?

Webby hasn’t emerged from the accounts section yet. Wading through the dusty files I imagine. Marys footprints in black ink on the floor with a little gold braid fence around it.

As bad as it is, it’s in better shape than public relations which given the spin, seems to have been outsourced overseas somewhere , probably on an oil rig, where the writers couldn’t find Australia on a global map.

merahputih

Juniors
Day 39
Ryan Webb

So
- the Bookies are wrong?
- the Fans are wrong?
- the Players are wrong?
- the Results are wrong?

But

A toss up between nepotism and insanity.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Day 39
Ryan Webb

So
- the Bookies are wrong?
- the Fans are wrong?
- the Players are wrong?
- the Results are wrong?

But

Keep it goin live Keep it goin live :saxophone::notes:

LINESPEED

Juniors
A toss up between nepotism and insanity.

Exactly M - nice & succinct!

Morning
Ryan Webb
Day 40

Wow, how time’s getting away for Andrew, you & The Board
.... in the face of the excruciatingly inevitable sacking of Mc 56/57

& renewal fasttracked for 2020

Listen to The Fans mate

- they are your Club, & they have the stamina to see you out or cheer you on:

"The problem with the media - and I’m going to have a crack at them here - is that they listen to the person with the loudest voice. They listen to the coaches. But who listens to the fans? The thing is, the fan pays the wages of all of us. They pay the wages of the coaches, the players, everyone. But all we do is listen to the coaches."

"I go around and talk to the fans and listen to them because if you don’t look after your customer, you do it at your peril. That’s one of the things kept hammering in my head. Your ratings - how are you going to guarantee your ratings? By listening to your fans."
(V’landys, SMH)

You & The Board are in great peril unless Mc113 goes before May 28

PS
Ryan Webb: “Without our Red V members, there is no StGeorge Illawarra”

The failed Waterboy IS your 15,000 membership crisis.

.... my daughter’s a struggling Saints fan in Melbourne & they have over 50,000 members

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Barry Hulbert was a Port junior.
CC
Barry was a good 5/8 ? It's funny that through the 70 & 80's we had some really good 5/8's in Hulbert, Trudgett & Rod McGregor but they all had one or three good years and then apart from Trudgett not sighted . McGregor i believe after a premiership with us and one game for NSW retired at 24 !

BLM01

First Grade

Morning
Ryan Webb
Day 40

Listen to The Fans mate

"The problem with the media - and I’m going to have a crack at them here - is that they listen to the person with the loudest voice. They listen to the coaches. But who listens to the fans? The thing is, the fan pays the wages of all of us. They pay the wages of the coaches, the players, everyone. But all we do is listen to the coaches."

"I go around and talk to the fans and listen to them because if you don’t look after your customer, you do it at your peril. That’s one of the things kept hammering in my head. Your ratings - how are you going to guarantee your ratings? By listening to your fans."
(V’landys, SMH)

PS

.... my daughter’s a struggling Saints fan in Melbourne & they have over 50,000 members
Just a question LS..
Are you C'cing these daily letters to Ryan or the club emails.?

Morning
Ryan Webb
Day 40

Listen to The Fans mate

(V’landys, SMH)

PS

Great post.

Although there is considerable mental pain and suffering inflicted on jdb for something unproven, he still gets paid. Apart from the humiliation, he claims to have been defamed by News Ltd. I agree with him.

But the people the policy is really hurting is you guys, the fans and members because he can’t apply his talents in the team. It hurts his family and those close. None of these people were anywhere near the alleged events and most don’t know jdb etc. Their is no nexus or connection, but they are being punished anyway.

And he’d walk straight into any team in the nrl.

The game is denied of his services on spurious and suspect grounds.

If vlandy was listening to fans, as he says he is, he’d wipe this wretched rule immediately. He has to make decision whether he’s going to stick up for the game or pander to politicians and public relations.

He should explain the issue at a press conference and announce they’ve had an internal legal review and the policy cannot be sustained.

I haven’t met anyone who thinks jdb shouldn’t play or have his presumption of legal innocence stolen from him.

As BM has said If he’s found guilty later, whatever, but no assumptions now.

So stfu vlandys and help sgi out in their hour of need. Their board won’t help them, step in now.

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
Barry was a good 5/8 ? It's funny that through the 70 & 80's we had some really good 5/8's in Hulbert, Trudgett & Rod McGregor but they all had one or three good years and then apart from Trudgett not sighted . McGregor i believe after a premiership with us and one game for NSW retired at 24 !
Plus captained the team at times, great mate of Changa's.
CC

No.
I just figure he’s getting the message either directly, through backchannels or cosmic noise

Don’t think much of your assessment appeared in the review.

But quite properly, Webby hasn’t shown any kind of genuine enthusiasm for it.

It was the answer to the worlds problems a couple of months ago, almost seen as a cure to the virus by the Mary elite.

I haven’t seen this bloke skulking around your club lately.
41C09A0E-4618-4D84-9E47-B295E134B87C.jpeg

And his quote on signing a player in 2018:

“ We believe he will become the face of rugby league in years to come.”

24EF781A-B08D-43AC-BFEC-4CEFD902E4AA.jpeg

So don’t think you don’t know better than any of these self-important leaders of the game.

Gus has a bad habit of backing things that go wrong.

Nathan is just very stupid, not evil!

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
No.
I just figure he’s getting the message either directly, through backchannels or cosmic noise
Just a thought. Be worth a try as you so eloquently explain yourself.
The backchannels and cosmic noise as you put.... gets filtered out at the door.
Anything via Dragons media.(i.e. NRL linked wbsite, facebook, twitter, instagram).gets filtered there.
The poor club office administrator..whilst likely not to respond have to read letters / emails..firstly

CDE571B0-403A-4CC5-8209-379A65A48ABC.jpeg

Obviously the influence of this thread stretches into faraway places.

Nothing from LINESPEED today , so will cover

Sunday Ryan
Day 41.

That’s over 300 working hours to work out:

Why the board are so entranced with Mary
Hire a shrink to advise you on how to change their minds
Membership predictor has zero members by 2022.

Are you going to see the end of the club mate? Let it die on your watch?’

Come on Ryan.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Webby hasn’t emerged from the accounts section yet. Wading through the dusty files I imagine. Marys footprints in black ink on the floor with a little gold braid fence around it.

As bad as it is, it’s in better shape than public relations which given the spin, seems to have been outsourced overseas somewhere , probably on an oil rig, where the writers couldn’t find Australia on a global map.

On his DAY 42
Ryan Webb

...must wonder about riding on the dubious coattails of The Waterboy

- along a highway strewn with career casualties.

If Mc113 stays
your career will end in free fall Ryan

It’s just the knock-on effect
....you know, cause & effect

The dictates of logic.

It is so sad that the Club admin’s credibility is hanging by the thread of a win over a sorely depleted, demoralised & post-quarantined Warriors outfit on May 30

You’ve all no doubt had a Boardroom survival-cum-prayer meeting

...hoping beyond hope

that Mc56/57’s deliverance & 7th Coming will not only be secured, but that your decision thus far not to sack him will be justified for another round .

How low has our Club gotten?

A ratings debacle
A bottom rung Spooner’s playoff

Albert, you’re a huge victim of supporting McFail -

Another roadkill
& trashed career.

What’s the bottom line Albert?

Well, here it is - the gravity of your miscalculation:

The Dragons could’ve made the finals every one of the past 7 years had The Board signed elite coaches on the back of being premiers.

You most likely would’ve had a reasonable shot at CEO, and the following could never have been written:

“The Dragons have a long history of 'jobs for the boys' and fans fear that will see Young, a former great but an old-school official who struggles with 'people skills' and financial experience - get the nod.
I have been inundated with messages from irate fans believing Young, who has no experience at senior management level, will be put in charge of their struggling club.

"It's typical of the way the club operates - looking after their old mates," one supporter wrote to me.

"I'll rip up my membership if they give it to 'Albert' - it's a joke," said another.”

Success breed success

Mickey Mouse could’ve been CEO had we been winning.

upload_2020-5-18_9-21-31.jpeg
But the sad reality is you & your son have taken a massive hit on McFail’s behalf Albert
- and what’s worse,
you don’t seem to know it.

And it’s a salutary lesson for both you Ryan
- and Andrew -

who would have further to fall in the total implosion that’s coming

(FMD Andrew,
you were going to market The Club internationally & now you’re desperate for a face saving win over the Warriors!)

Every member of The Board’s credibility, relevance & future is diminished by Waterboy’s continuing presence

His footprints of failure are over every aspect of Club life

- and your worlds in the fumbling hands of McAitken

Banjo2014

Juniors
SACK HIM NOW PLEASE

WE RATE B- AND WARRIOTS D+

BUT THE WRITER (MARK ST JOHN) VERY KEEN ON AITKEN

Dragons: 1. Matt Dufty 2. Jordan Pereira 3. Brayden Wiliame 4. Euan Aitken 5. Zac Lomax 6. Corey Norman 7. Ben Hunt 8. James Graham 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Tariq Sims 13. Blake Lawrie 14. Trent Merrin 15. Josh Kerr 16. Isaac Luke 17. Korbin Sims

Backs: The Dragons backline is expected to welcome back Euan Aitken as they bid to bounce back from a 0-2 start to their campaign. Zac Lomax’s fullback experiment appears over with Matt Dufty given the chance to cement the position for the foreseeable future. Much depends on how Ben Hunt and Corey Norman go about igniting the Dragons’ attack.

Forwards: The Dragons look set to have everyone except Jack de Belin to choose from when the revamped season kicks off. Cameron McInnes is the big in for the club at hooker and captain, while Korbin Sims will provide depth to the club’s front row stocks after overcoming a broken arm.

Rating: B-

Warriors: 1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Gerard Beale 3. Patrick Herbert 4. Peta Hiku 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Blake Green 8. Adam Blair 9. Wayde Egan 10. Lachlan Burr 11. Eliesa Katoa 12. Tohu Harris 13. Isaiah Papali’i 14. Jazz Tevaga 15. Nathaniel Roache 16. Kodi Nikorima 17. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown

Backs: The Warriors look set to be without David Fusitu’a for Round 3, after he was a late arrival in Australia. The Warriors backline also faces the dilemma of their best halves pairing although it seems likely Kodi Nikorima’s immediate future lies on the bench as a utility.

Forwards: The Warriors are facing a forwards crisis after season ending injuries to Jackson Frei and Bunty Afoa. Leeson Ah Mau and Nathaniel Roach are not expected back until mid-season at the earliest leaving a massive hole in the club’s engine room stocks.

Rating: D+

BLM01

First Grade
Lomax fullback experiment appears over. After one game
Ridiculous isnt it....but IMO it should never have been an experiment.
Our starting centres should be Williame & Lomax in Round 3

But McGlassHalf Full sees everything different to most and is happy to reach glass half full and will always view it that way. he learnt that in the US last XMAS.
50% win ratio is OK you see..it means we are likely finals bound in 7th or 8th.
He even still reminds everyone we might be 0-2 but we should of won the first 2 games. We did not get beaten..we beat ourselves.(translation:...we really are a good enough side that I prepare to win...we should be 2-2....I did my job)