What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Terepo also started the year strong.
Really? He's been ok but I wouldn't say strong

Vs Dogs: 6 runs 51m, 1 tackle bust, 21 tackles, 3 missed & 0 ineffective
Vs Titans: 8 runs 73m, 3 tackle busts, 11 tackles, 1 missed & 2 ineffective

But he hasn't dropped the ball yet so I guess that's pretty good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Really? He's been ok but I wouldn't say strong

Vs Dogs: 6 runs 51m, 1 tackle bust, 21 tackles, 3 missed & 0 ineffective
Vs Titans: 8 runs 73m, 3 tackle busts, 11 tackles, 1 missed & 2 ineffective

But he hasn't dropped the ball yet so I guess that's pretty good.
He’s been pretty average IMO. But as you said no dropped Balls so gold star for Tep.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Jack had three seasons with Parra - (before my time) playing under Vic Hey Assume 1948/49/50..I can't see if he played FIRST GRADE..don't think he did. I was still shitting yellow at the time
He wanted to go to Canberra Raiders - only he forgot that he had placed a GREEN BAN and was barred..
Jack was a hero and what a revelation that he was an Eel. Merkins sledge unions, but where would we be without Jack Mundey. We would have lost The Rocks, much of Potts Point and Woolloomoolloo. Just member how nasty it was back then, exemplified by the disappearance and murder of fellow anti-development campaigner Juanita Nielson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juanita_Nielsen

Jack had three seasons with Parra - (before my time) playing under Vic Hey Assume 1948/49/50..I can't see if he played FIRST GRADE..don't think he did. I was still shitting yellow at the time
He wanted to go to Canberra Raiders - only he forgot that he had placed a GREEN BAN and was barred..

Two years in Third Grade 50/51

Delboy

First Grade
Found myself agreeing with Kenty on Monday nights League Live

He wants the replacement rule reduced to 6 in the NRL and seniors

The big call which I agree with is for junior reps, he said that making replacements permanent , so If you're replaced you can't come back on, that would immediately see better footballers. Clubs just wouldn't have 4/5 oversized players that could come in for 4/5 rucks then replaced as junior reps do this. This would see a much better indication of players who could make the move on to bigger things and reduce some fears from parents. Said leave replacements at junior club level so everyone gets a game, but reps need to stop stacking big guys with short term motors just to win.

Said reducing it at NRL level would see players like Cronk ( he was in the studio) and others not looking up and seeing fresh legged edge or middles stifling the game, interesting discussion points.

strider

Post Whore
Many edge forwards tend to play 80 minutes nowdays .... but i tend to agree with the general vibe of the idea

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't like heavy reduction in interchange because I think there's a point where it starts to take flair out of the game. If you can't replace players when they fatigue, you start to tend more towards the kind of players who don't fatigue.

Like, forwards like Plod Jackson become the norm. 80 minute trundlers with little impact but very high work rates.

It's fine to have those players around, and necessary, but no one wants to have 15 or 16 of them and then one bloke with spark who gets 15 mins a game.

Found myself agreeing with Kenty on Monday nights League Live

He wants the replacement rule reduced to 6 in the NRL and seniors

The big call which I agree with is for junior reps, he said that making replacements permanent , so If you're replaced you can't come back on, that would immediately see better footballers. Clubs just wouldn't have 4/5 oversized players that could come in for 4/5 rucks then replaced as junior reps do this. This would see a much better indication of players who could make the move on to bigger things and reduce some fears from parents. Said leave replacements at junior club level so everyone gets a game, but reps need to stop stacking big guys with short term motors just to win.

Said reducing it at NRL level would see players like Cronk ( he was in the studio) and others not looking up and seeing fresh legged edge or middles stifling the game, interesting discussion points.

I broadly agree. But it's not as if Mr Kent is the first bloke to suggest this. People have been doing so for at least a decade. Inevitably the rules will need to keep changing, but not for the hell of it (like the new ruck penalty rule).

What is this sport you are suggesting? Cause it doesn’t sound like the rugby league we all love

I think it's called Fisting by the Pool. Or something like that.

But more seriously, a lot of the core rules of the game will always change as teams react to whatever the last changes were. I do, however, think that the latest ruck rule change is just going to see a lot of running from dummy half and a lot of 'penalties' (particularly when combined with the 1 ref system).

T.S Quint

Coach
I think the new ruck rule is stupid.
Why on earth they are implementing it during a season without any trialing is beyond me.

Noise

Coach
I think the new ruck rule is stupid.
Why on earth they are implementing it during a season without any trialing is beyond me.
The thing that annoys me is we often get to a good start with a Fergo or Sivo kick return. Players just hold them down now and there is no real penalty due it being the first tackle. Tackle count restarts (which means only one extra tackle) but the defense has time to set.