What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

getsmarty

Immortal
Then you got his mate Freddy saying
Cmon St george you had faith in Mary for issuing a new 2 year contract...stick with him
Dont judge 3 games in as he has made massive chnages to the club
C..mon...this is getting too repetitive

Correct....and probably privately laughing at the mess we are...pencil in the 2 points for the chooks ..equivalent of a Bye round...

Phantom V

Juniors
Posted this in the game thread but i'll chuck it here too:

Backs
Rava - 219 m
Zac - 148m
Jordy - 187m
Williame - 147m
Duff - 168m

Forwards
Graham - 41m
Tariq - 75m
Korbin - 77m
Vaughan - 111m
Kerr - 69m
Lawrie - 77m

This is what the "power game" looks like. The backs doing all the work.

It's also crystal f**king clear that the forwards are being coached not to offload as well. Almost all of our forwards have an effective offload in their arsenal, but they're not using it because they're being told to just bash and barge, one out plays.
A fullback with Dufty's speed should be constantly sniffing for an offload in support, but he's not rushing and supporting the forwards, he's out on the edge.... Which he has been coached to do.

Watching Canberra/Melbourne last night, the forwards were offloading from the first set. Players like Papenhuyzen, Munster, JAC, CNK, Rapana etc etc were ALL supporting the forwards. Forwards were running up in twos. Pressure was built in the middle third with second-phase play and that made backline shifts so much more effective because the opposition had to stack the middle of the field with defenders to nullify the offloads and quick play-the-balls.

But us... Forward, back, back, forward, back, mid-field bomb. Repeat. It was night and day.
Oh and Aitken was playing prop...

Phantom V

Juniors
Great post TomRedV. I waited until today to post in the hope that it was all a bad dream but unfortunately it’s an all too familiar scenario for us Dragons fans. After watching how other teams approached the new rules, I was hoping this might be the catalyst for McGregor to employ a more open/ eyes up style of play. What we got instead was the same old bash and barge hit up after hit up, then kick and hope for the best, a game plan which has been the staple for this coach from day one. His inability to adapt to these new changes has yet again highlighted his shortcomings as a coach. I never want to see my team lose but I sincerely think that a few more in a row would put too much pressure on the board and they would have no choice but to let McGregor go once and for all. What I witnessed yesterday was a team playing in fear of making mistakes and given the circumstances leading up to this game, it has to rate as one of the worst performances I have seen from our club EVER.

Pricey must have done somethings right being the assistant to Bennett in 2010 and then to Flanagan at Cronulla in 2016 to help win grand finals. His tenure as head coach for us after Bennett left as we all know wasn't good and possibly he should have gone to Super League instead but Bennett recommended him to take over when Bennett left for Newcastle.

History shows that when a coach takes over from Bennett, their success rate is bad.
Henjak, Griffin, Price, Stone, Seibold and Demetriou will fail. The Super League is not anywhere near the standard of the NRL and Price is doing a good job in that league because of that. If he was to come back to Oz to coach a first grade team (depends which one of course - if ours....well I am sorry), his success rate could be akin to Justin Holbrook at the Titans. Holbrook did well for St Helens in the Super League but unfortunately not able to make much headway in the NRL.

Mary on the other hand should end his tenure at the Dragons and see if he can get a gig coaching a team in the Super League. I think he can be successful over there.
Your post raises an interesting question.
What if Price was given 6 years at the helm instead of McGregor?
How would he have performed with the same squads and access to juniors.
You can't help but think he would have done a lot better than this joker.

thebigredv

First Grade
Then you got his mate Freddy saying
Cmon St george you had faith in Mary for issuing a new 2 year contract...stick with him
Dont judge 3 games in as he has made massive chnages to the club
C..mon...this is getting too repetitive

Spoken like an individual who has 100% interest in his buddy McGregor and 0% interest in the Dragons being a successful team. Been hearing it from all pockets for years.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
These guys can blame Benny Hunt all they want. If you have guys like Norman and Hunt and you don’t give them clear instructions how the he’ll do you expect them to steer the ship. Hooper said hunt and Norman are both the on forks generals. Ah excuse me 1 bloke controls the team and how they play not 2 who neither knows what they are playing to. So this all stems from that shit coach we have who media think oh he is a good bloke we need to get behind. Well fk you Freddy you are as shit a coach as Mary and lucky that you picked up a nsw side that was the end of Qld having all the stars. Your no coach either we had already witnessed that in 2009

merahputih

Juniors
The prospect of the club allowing this pretender to see out his contract next year is depressing. Another year of the same rubbish coaching will cause unimaginable damage to what is left of the image of this organisation. It would not be tolerated in any other professional sporting team anywhere in the world (OK, maybe the Titans).

Banjo2014

Juniors
8 wins from the last 27. 4 of those wins were against Gold Coast and Canterbury Bulldogs. What's that, 30% success rate? 70% fail rate. f**king disgrace. Have some pride in yourself Mary and f**k off before you set us back another 10 years
Hey Ben Kusto Magic

I liked your post but absolutely hate it if you know what I mean.

8 wins from the last 27 - man - sounds like my attempts to have sex with the missus athough I reckon I'm worse than Mary in that stat.

I think I would be about an 80 per cent fail rate - it's true it is a f**king disgrace

Sack McGregor

Banjo2014

Juniors
Sack McGREGOR

I looked up the word Oxymoron

ox·y·mo·ron
/ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
noun
  1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true )

upload_2020-5-31_11-47-48.png

Then went on dragons.com.au

There were no highlights and that was not a press conference it was a press debacle.

I was going to put in an inference on the third syllable of (ox-y) moron but wont.

redVinme

Juniors
The prospect of the club allowing this pretender to see out his contract next year is depressing. Another year of the same rubbish coaching will cause unimaginable damage to what is left of the image of this organisation. It would not be tolerated in any other professional sporting team anywhere in the world (OK, maybe the Titans).

Not the titans though... They have at least tried a replacement. We are the joke.

Latest posts