What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
Then you got his mate Freddy saying
Cmon St george you had faith in Mary for issuing a new 2 year contract...stick with him
Dont judge 3 games in as he has made massive chnages to the club
C..mon...this is getting too repetitive

Had to do a double take - and then a triple , at what Freddy said . I can only say that he , along with many other media critics are as thick as thieves .

The powers to be have been backing him to the hilt for the last 7 damn years - that is 7 seasons too long . The only backing that is required now is to see Mary’s back at the Dragon’s door marked EXIT - farewell old chum , don’t call us , we will call you !

Last edited:

Banjo2014

Juniors
Okay - Ben Ikin on Sunday Ticket has just suggested that Mary's Game Model is not working.

WTF is a game model.

He also quoted McGregor saying that he does not know the answer as to why the team don't play on game day with the intensity that they show at training.

WTF if he does not know the answer then he has to buggar off.

Wife just reminded me not to swear on the Sabbath - WTF

Maybe the scotch has sunk in but the KFC ad was just on - "Shut up and take my money" - mental vision of the SGI Board singing as they signed a few of our current crop of players - WTF

Sack McGregor

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Mary came out and sad he believed in his playing group...... Its obvious the playing group don't believe in him ...... The guys living on another planet , should take the board with him ....

I think this is the crux of the whole matter. On paper our team/squad is very good, SOO players, Test players and Junior rep players. Lost the dressing room? Appears to me, definitely!
Poor game plans, yes. Poor use of players, yes. However, it appears the players don't want to change the play and just go through the motions.

hewi

Bench
I think this is the crux of the whole matter. On paper our team/squad is very good, SOO players, Test players and Junior rep players. Lost the dressing room? Appears to me, definitely!
Poor game plans, yes. Poor use of players, yes. However, it appears the players don't want to change the play and just go through the motions.

And until he is gone that won’t change.

hewi

Bench
Yet Hooper avoids pointing the finger at the real problem - McGregor.
He focuses on the halves and Hunt like this ongoing disaster is because of factors other than McGregor.

Hunt is only a symptom of the underlying problem. A bit like the pus coming out of a boil, the pus is not the problem the boil is, get rid of the boil and the pus goes to.

blue bags

First Grade
dragons were 4 mins away from a GRAND FINAL qualifying major semi final, and since that ,
i wonder what happened ?

That back page was brutal.

They didn’t miss him.

He hates any form of criticism, he’s extremely sensitive.

Now that his shortcomings have been made very public, he will be going off his head inside.

$600k a season, so it’s a $1m call to milkshake him now.

But I think a season was calculated at costing $27m. So that’s about 4% including legals to text him not to come in tomorrow.

So you still have 96% left. Promote Dean even.

If Dean or a gear steward can win 25% of the remaining games, that’s a pass under the circumstances.

The Mary standard is not overly high at the moment.

The club is stuck with under performing players and no one knows how they will go post Mary. There’s a fear that they can never perform properly as one and therefore 3 year re-build is required, some say half a decade.

But the only way of knowing that is to Sack McGoose.

4% is not an substantial cost for some hope. In fact it’s very cheap. He should never have been re signed but you have a board that is as thick as two planks.

So I can’t see a financial reason why he shouldnt be boned. Linespeed might say that 4% will easily be recovered in new memberships, merch etc. A small profit even.

A win for everyone except Mary and his elite.

Last edited:
I would be happy to donate $1000 to rid this germ from our club and provide some sanity to my weekends. Only need 1000 supporters and we are there. I’m sure there are 1000 dragons fans that can donate if need

Can somebody start a “go fund me page”.
I think we will get the million pretty quick and might even have some left over.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Then you got his mate Freddy saying
Cmon St george you had faith in Mary for issuing a new 2 year contract...stick with him
Dont judge 3 games in as he has made massive chnages to the club
C..mon...this is getting too repetitive
Yep Blind Freddy being a smart arse and putting the boot in......it was only last year he was criticizing mcgregor for poor performance himself

Yep Blind Freddy being a smart arse and putting the boot in......it was only last year he was criticizing mcgregor for poor performance himself

It was a very insensitive comment and he’s clearly unfamiliar with the deeper issues.

General issues with ex players in the media I’m afraid.

They simply don’t understand the fan life. They don’t line up to get in, they dont get stuck behind a big bloke with an anger issue, they don’t have to spend anything and so forth. Just turn up and try not to upset people and they struggle to do that.

If one of you blokes sat down with Freddy and explained how 99% of you are feeling and the hundreds of reasons why, he might get some insight.

Great footballer and a good state coach, but you cant know everything.

Much like Gould turning up and thinking he could put the fire out. He thought things couldn’t get much worse and he’d be seen as a super hero, but things have gone backwards since the review. He misjudged everything.

Even the new assistants have failed so far.

Let’s be honest, Flanno hasn’t made any known impact at all. I don’t know if it’s his fault or Marys but together with the coaching group, they are serving up rubbish.

Its like Millward and his retention and recruitment. The cupboard is bare, the cash has been spent, no one wants to come. Even the loafers don’t want to be demeaned by Mary.

Can anyone remember the entire team playing on the same page and bringing their best game?

Yesterday, you might have got a 60% turnout at best. They can’t all be having individual professional breakdowns at once. They’ve got bad crap in their heads, they can’t shake out.

They are subliminally associating playing for sgi as a bad professional and personal experience. They should be enjoying their work and mates.

The kid who came to our club, he said the best thing was to get away from the off field pressure.
I think we can read between the lines.

Latest posts