What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs Storm

hindy111

Post Whore
This is how I saw the game.

- Edward's was a huge upgrade. He constantly pushed through the line and beat the first tackle.

- Whare is a great defender but no attack

-Crighton needs earlier ball

- YEO is Origin level

- Burns almost cost you the game

Penrith played awesome. Someone's needs to support Korisau more. Once it got to 16-10 off the kick off he makes a break. Had he had support its game over.
At 16-10 and looking for a field goal a Storm player was about 5 Mtrs offside and no penalty infront. Bad missed call
Refs constantly gave the Stoem 6 again but Penrith never seemed to get one. Have they found a way to exploit the rules again??
No 6 against and Penrith run away with that game. Billy Slater commentary made me I'll. Always talking about taking advantage of a rule etc....Even congratualting Cam for talking to Ref and slowing game up.

Capewell is a handy player but Martin offers a better threat out there. It will be interesting what they do with the bench. I'd like that Lianu on there or however spell his name.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mansour is a tough one. He is playing well meters gained. Close to 200mtrs a game. At this point defense is what is winning Penrith footy games. So best Ivan stick with whatever is his nest defensive option. Why I think Whare stays.

Had Nathan not been suspended I would guess the team is 6/7 or possibly even 7/7 as he was a little rusty against the Eels.

hindy111

Post Whore
On the bench usage.

One Storm player got 8 mins... so everyone does it

Parra rarely use Takarangi when he was on bench.
People forget if you carried an extra middle forward it would mean less minutes for the ones you have. If guys like JFH and YEO are capable to a certain amount of minutes why would you want to replace them or give them less. Same goes for Leota and the others.
I reckon 2 middles on bench, a 2nd rower who can perhaps fill middle if need and your other player should be a spare unless he can make a impact around the ruck. B.Smith for example was a great bench addition. Someone who is able to change the game with there energy.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith and Too are in the top 5 for meters made by wingers.
Leave the side as is for now except for maybe B.Burns.
T.May would make the perfect 14 if they dropped Burton.

When questioned about the lopsided set restarts in the post match presser, Ivan said, very diplomatically, that he thought the two sides were pretty even matched, right down to the play the balls.............

Jane Murray

Bench
No way, whare and To'o combo is really strong defensively, its the otherside i worry about, Chricton is getting found out a bit which ok as he is young, but mansour is killing me with his brainfarts, that could have easily lost us the game, the way the ref was giving away set restarts to storm willynilly.
Naden on the wing will make us completely devastating in regards to running meters out of our end
Matt Burton needs to be on the field. He wasn't used last night, and my fear is that he will be lost to the Panthers.

Burton should train at fullback, ready for an injury or drop in form for Edwards. (I know Edwards played well last night, but I think a ball player makes more sense at FB long term)

He’d still be ready to step into the halves as well.

WestyLife

First Grade
I'm loving how we are at the moment and last night was an epic game. Storm never went away and I never felt comfortable and Panthers would normally crumble under the pressure of an 80 minute team like the Storm who defend well. It feels almost like a privilege to have beaten such a good team.

Some specifics:

1. Edwards was a huge difference, every run he got his nose through the line getting a food play the ball every kick return and was supporting a lot around the ruck which keeps the defence on notice. He also passed a few times so while he isn't a playmaker he's Cleary trying to improve his game for the team.

2. Our defence is the best it's been in years. When we get scored against it's not due to a breakdown in structure but individual errors. Also there's lots of aggressive intent.

3. Burton needs to get on the field with Cleary and Luai. Not sure the best option but it should happen to improve our attack.

4. Yeo is amazing and should start to be considered for origin. He'll be the perfect high work rate player to compliment the impact forwards.

5. I kept telling people last year Nathan would be better as the dominant half and it's now been proven.

6. Lastly after last night I consider us a top 4 team.
also Kikau coming off for a bit is how he should be managed every game. Mansour nearly cost us the game again and his running metres is clouding people's judgement. Whare is being made look good by Nathan Cleary in defence.

The_Frog

First Grade
Yes I think that will happen sooner rather than later. Not sure if May is available next week but definately is the week after.

WestyLife

First Grade
You can't drop Burton for May and I know it sounds weird but I actually get a bit irritated at the suggestion. I Don't mean to sound hateful towards anyone or anything just seems strange to abandon someone who's given good service to the team and doesnt deserve being dropped for a guy like May who hasnt earned the right to be selected. Sends a terrible message to the team and you will guarenteed lose Burton come contract time.

If you want May Burton has to move to the run on team.

chrisD

Coach
Matt Burton needs to be on the field. He wasn't used last night, and my fear is that he will be lost to the Panthers.
He got two games in his best preferred position and despite the media wankery his performances didn't warrant him holding a spot. f**k giving him special treatment because his manager had a cry and he's a media darling, he can wait out an injury or drop in form as any other player would have to.

MugaB

Coach
videotogif_2020.06.20_10.20.28.gif
Need a tissue Cameron?

P.s. go away Hindy, eels can go fkthemselves promptly

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade

Could all those be in a single post? so many comments in a row is a bit much. Opposition fans also telling us to drop players sounds like fear.

Latest posts