What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

84 Baby

Referee
It’ll also depend on Rheeds dhevelopment. And/or Shchneiders. Plus who we can ghet to replace him

T.S Quint

Coach
IMO, 750-800k for moses is good money. He’s a talent but not sure he’s worth a million.

He would be to some team.
If Ben Hunt can get a million per year then Mitchell Moses is definitely going to get offers from teams above that. Hopefully by that stage Dylan Brown will have the necessary experience needed to take over his role.

IFR33K

Coach
He would be to some team.
If Ben Hunt can get a million per year then Mitchell Moses is definitely going to get offers from teams above that. Hopefully by that stage Dylan Brown will have the necessary experience needed to take over his role.

There have been some horrendous signings in recent times by desperate clubs. Hunt was one of them. If we’re comparing the two, Moses would be worth 1.8 mill....

Gazzamatta

Coach
I see we are looking to extend Jai's stay with us. Says hes keen to stay as well. Also mentioned he was keen to jag a bench spot when Mitch returns. I couldnt see both him and Taka as replacements.

T.S Quint

Coach
There have been some horrendous signings in recent times by desperate clubs. Hunt was one of them. If we’re comparing the two, Moses would be worth 1.8 mill....

Clubs get desperate sometimes and splash big money on whatever they can. I doubt many people believed Hunt is worth that much, but they needed a halfback and he’s what was on the market. He had led his team to a GF not long before then so maybe they thought he was worth the risk.

I think Moses is less of a risk unless he has a massive drop in form by the end of his contract. We know he has a very high ceiling, much higher than most other halfbacks playing right now.

lucablight

First Grade
With Brown on the books we can afford to let Moses chase overs elsewhere.

If having too many good players isn’t allowed then how do you propose the Roosters fit both Cronk and Keary into the same side while having an all star pack and Tedesco as well?

Where do you think Parramatta is going to allocate their funds where retaining Moses would be detrimental to how the salary cap is managed?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If having too many good players isn’t allowed then how do you propose the Roosters fit both Cronk and Keary into the same side while having an all star pack and Tedesco as well?
I reckon Cronk received benefits outside the cap, from his media pathway to just plain getting to live close to work.
Where do you think Parramatta is going to allocate their funds where retaining Moses would be detrimental to how the salary cap is managed?
Drown and Mahoney are going to need big upgrades next time. If we pay top dollar for Moses we mightn't be able to afford them.

Don't forget the Roosters let go of Maloney who was still good enough to win another premiership with the Sharks. They rebuilt and started with Hastings before settling on Keary who was less than elite at the time.

T.S Quint

Coach
I reckon Cronk received benefits outside the cap, from his media pathway to just plain getting to live close to work.

Drown and Mahoney are going to need big upgrades next time. If we pay top dollar for Moses we mightn't be able to afford them.

Don't forget the Roosters let go of Maloney who was still good enough to win another premiership with the Sharks. They rebuilt and started with Hastings before settling on Keary who was less than elite at the time.

Yep. Whilst Keary was a good player at Souths he has gone up a level at the Roosters. He’s gotten better since Cronk left as well. He wasn’t a million dollar player before, but he is now.

Gronk

Staff member
We now await a comment from the Trolly Boy haters.

1scgha.jpg

emjaycee

Coach
We now await a comment from the Trolly Boy haters.

1scgha.jpg

Despite the lambasting and numerous jokes he copped at the time of his appointment (and occasionally since), I don't think there is anyone on here who really has little regard for O'Neill and what he has been able to do from a squad building perspective since he arrived less than 2 years ago.
You are just looking to stir shit by suggesting there remains O'Neill 'haters' on the forum mate.