What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sea Eagles

Dragon David

First Grade
Hunt needs to give better service from dummy half, I noticed Clune and Norman having to jump or stop to catch his passes. It did progressively get better throughout the game though. Apart from that he was really good, his long kicking game was great and he looked dangerous close to the line. I love the way he hits the ball when he tackles, occasionally jarring the ball free.
Yes Hunt needs to practice more on passing. I am sure that McInnes and he are working on it.

Dragon David

First Grade
I know a lot of us have been critical of Euan Aitken being in our team over the years. His lack of ball distribution in attack and many misreads in defence has caused us a lot of angst and anger. He and Lafai have always been the two that we would always say to get rid of out of firsts and put into reggies until their contracts are up.

It would appear to me that Lafai will be the first out of the two to be punted, however, I have a strong feeling that Aitken's contract will be renewed. He seems to be playing with a lot more energy and confidence and enthusiasm, particularly in the last 2-3 weeks and I think that it has got to do with Adam Clune being in the team and needless to say the influence of Mary's assistants. Mary by himself would have Aitken playing with the same attitude and style as has been the case in the previous 6 or so years.

I think Aitken will score a double against the Sea Eagles this weekend.
Not a bad prediction, although Aitken didn't score two tries, just the one

Brutalitops

Juniors
Honestly, ever since that horrible Bulldogs loss where it appeared Mary was gone any minute and they took away some of his influence, the team has actively improved in just about every area. Even in defeat against Roosters and Canberra we were well in the match until late.

While not pretending we are a threat just yet, we are in the mix for one of the lower top 8 spots at least. We have a pretty alright draw coming up too

Como Connection

First Grade
As to Hunt , Clunes and Norman , I would really like to have Flanagan to pull them aside and tell them that they could become even more potent if they do this or that - whatever he could impart to them would be a major benefit to each as an individual and also in their attacking combinations .
I reckon it's already happening.
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
64008050-4BAC-4AC1-B0DA-ACEC02EA5633.jpeg

“ Geezese H Chrust ! Some of you plonkers talk as if we have one hand on the premiership trophy already . If there is one thing that I have practiced in my exemplary coaching career and that is to take small steps at a time . “

“ Between you and I ( and no damn further ) , I have now just about ‘ Marynized ‘ that scallywag Flanagan into my way of thinking , so from this point on you will see a marked improvement in each of our games . But remember - don’t put the carrot in front of the cart - or is that the cart in front of the donkey , er whatever you know what I mean , as the premiership will be ours - one of these years . “

“ See ya at next weeks game - yuk , yuk . :no_mouth:

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
I think McGregor wants to win. I'm sure he was ecstatic with the way the team played last night and highly doubt it was a jealous experience for him.
If Flanno is having an impact it will only help McGregor not hurt him. Winning is good for McGregor.
Hoops said on 360 that Flanno was originally the defence coach but has since been handed the attack role also, which explains my opinion of the added excitement from Flanno standing over McNOIDEA's shoulder.
Not saying McNOIDEA doesn't want to win. He just wishes it was his doing......

View attachment 39926

“ Geezese H Chrust ! Some of you plonkers talk as if we have one hand on the premiership trophy already . If there is one thing that I have practiced in my exemplary coaching career and that is to take small steps at a time . “

“ Between you and I ( and no damn further ) , I have now just about ‘ Marynized ‘ that scallywag Flanagan into my way of thinking , so from this point on you will see a marked improvement in each of our games . But remember - don’t put the carrot in front of the cart - or is that the cart in front of the donkey , er whatever you know what I mean , as the premiership will be ours - one of these years . “

“ See ya at next weeks game - yuk , yuk . :no_mouth:
Would you say Flanagan is now "Marynated"?

possm

Coach
Honestly, ever since that horrible Bulldogs loss where it appeared Mary was gone any minute and they took away some of his influence, the team has actively improved in just about every area. Even in defeat against Roosters and Canberra we were well in the match until late.

While not pretending we are a threat just yet, we are in the mix for one of the lower top 8 spots at least. We have a pretty alright draw coming up too
It seems to me that the more influence Flanagan has on the team and the less influence Mary has on the team, the better our team performs.

possm

Coach
First time in recent memory i've been compelled to replay an entire match. Maybe we are just starved of good footy but it was even more impressive on the re-watch.
I'd say we have just been starved of a good coach for the last 9 years. Flanagan is > Price + Mary.

possm

Coach
Bennett did okay in his last year here..
Bennett was pre-occupied with his move to Newcastle in 2011. Although I do recall we were odds-on to win the 2011 premiership prior to SOO and were favoured so much that the Bookies were paying out at a discount so early in the season.

Dragsters

First Grade
First time in recent memory i've been compelled to replay an entire match. Maybe we are just starved of good footy but it was even more impressive on the re-watch.

Same and the thing I noticed most was the visible uplift in intent after 20-odd when Kerr and Merrin came on.

Good signs.

Not that Vaughan wasn't good, he was, particularly in his second stint...

redv13

Bench
Same and the thing I noticed most was the visible uplift in intent after 20-odd when Kerr and Merrin came on.

Good signs.

Not that Vaughan wasn't good, he was, particularly in his second stint...
Vaughan has been on beast mode lately. 53 mins vs Manly, let’s get him up to 60-65 mins each week

Latest posts