What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Xcalibre

Juniors
Lmao@the butthurt over the Bulldogs signing Cotric, and from Roosters fans no less.

Comments like being fed passes from Lewis et al are hilarious. As if they aren't going to chase a half if any good ones are available.

nick87

Coach
Lmao@the butthurt over the Bulldogs signing Cotric, and from Roosters fans no less.

Comments like being fed passes from Lewis et al are hilarious. As if they aren't going to chase a half if any good ones are available.

indeed... its a good thing that good NRL halves are a dime and dozen and hit the open market fairly regularly

skeepe

Immortal
Apparently the Raiders pulled their offer when Cotric came back asking for more money, at least if Fox Sports can be believed.

If so, I’m ok with that.

dogslife

Coach
Are Raider's fans pretending all their best players are homegrown? Some of the ink is still wet on those cheques

nick87

Coach
Are Raider's fans pretending all their best players are homegrown? Some of the ink is still wet on those cheques

Cant get more home grown than the motherland!

I've got no problem with teams buying players, that's sport... but this kind of signing is what the dogs have been doing for years.. they chase big names who play in positions that are not largely important, pay over market for the pleasure and wonder why they suck and those players end up looking over priced.

They keep doing the same thing and expect different results. If you guys dont find yourselves a good coach, 2 halves, a hooker and fullback you might as well set the 650k a year on fire for all Nick Cotric will do for you.

I mean forget the Raiders, we've been relevant for about 20 seconds and we certainly aren't at a point where we should be talking about how superior our team building is... so ignore us... The best two teams of the last 10 years, the roosters and storm would not sign him for this kind of money, they'd have done exactly what the Raiders did.

They dont over pay for guys like Nick Cotric, as good as he is.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Cotric is a very good player. Just practicality if they are gonna play him at centre it's just odd to start a rebuild on what is the least important position in the modern game. I'd happily sink that money into a winger and Cotric is a very strong winger

dogslife

Coach
Cant get more home grown than the motherland!

I've got no problem with teams buying players, that's sport... but this kind of signing is what the dogs have been doing for years.. they chase big names who play in positions that are not largely important, pay over market for the pleasure and wonder why they suck and those players end up looking over priced.

They keep doing the same thing and expect different results. If you guys dont find yourselves a good coach, 2 halves, a hooker and fullback you might as well set the 650k a year on fire for all Nick Cotric will do for you
We've got problems everywhere, not just the spine. Our entire backline is putrid as well save for a couple, so getting a 21 year old who's played for state and country is a good start, even if it's on overs. We're going to have to go overs on most blokes who come in.

Gotta start somewhere, hopefully we bring a coach in that's not obsessed with playing blokes out of position.

nick87

Coach
I genuinely hope it works out, Cotric is from all reports a great young man, and he's a very good footballer, i love his game and ill miss having him at the Raiders. I'd just hate to see someone with talent like his spend a good chunk of his prime being wasted by a spine that would run middle table in NSW Cup

shear_joy9

Coach
Canberra have played it very well imo. They wanted to keep him and offered him what he's worth and they could afford. Cotric chose to take up the bigger dollars which is understandable.

Raiders have a very solid spine locked and to put pieces around that you can't be throwing big money for backs. Wingers are the most replaceable position in the game with a new superstar or beast from Fiji appearing every 5min. Milk them for all they have on their rookie contract then replace with a new one once they start asking for the big dollars

myrrh ken

First Grade
Hear that whooshing sound? That’s the point flying right over your head.

Earlier he complained the opposite - that the dogs should be buying halves and hooker and not Cotric, so I must be missing the sarcasm.

Need good players to lure in good players

Xcalibre

Juniors
I genuinely hope it works out, Cotric is from all reports a great young man, and he's a very good footballer, i love his game and ill miss having him at the Raiders. I'd just hate to see someone with talent like his spend a good chunk of his prime being wasted by a spine that would run middle table in NSW Cup

LMFAO

442CE18D-5446-4240-92B7-19872DE71579.png

Xcalibre

Juniors
Cotric is a very good player. Just practicality if they are gonna play him at centre it's just odd to start a rebuild on what is the least important position in the modern game. I'd happily sink that money into a winger and Cotric is a very strong winger

Even the most logical Raiders fans are losing it...

As if centre isn’t more important than wing. I don’t care which player you’re talking about. Centre makes far more important defensive decisions and does much more defence. They can also create tries. Winger just finishes.

mave

Coach
Winger just finishes.

And sets the tone for an attacking set by taking the first hit-up.

And can even set the tone defensively, see Rava vs Manly last weekend. GOAT Parker is stll in the foetal position.

And is in a very critical position to defuse attacking kicks, etc

Etc, etc.

Wingers are far, far more than just finishers in 2020.