What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd say Fifita could have some leadership qualities. He's obviously very young and you wouldn't want him to have to carry a team but he captained his high school team (but probably every NRL player did that) as well as the Junior Kangaroos.

He's certainly an inspiring orator:

Soto

Bench
On Fifita I reckon Titans are going about things the wrong way. They keep going for these flashy signings like Peachey and Cartwright and pay overs.
They would be better off with guys a little older and can help set some professionalism. The Morris boys and MJ and Fergo for example would of been 4 guys who could of made the backline work and not cost a bomb. But theyd also transform the club. I'm talking if picked them up 2yrs ago. And these are just examples.
A guy like Alvaro would be a good solid cheap signing who would help that club due to his attitude.
Go after some older heads and keep the beat juniors and slowly build from there. 1.2mill for a 2nd rower who has no leadership qualities is like trying to pull a rabbit out of your hat.
Good way to blow your cap.
They have also signed Tino from the Storm and Ese'ese.
So good fwd signings. Its a tough one because realistically unless they pay overs no-one will go there.
Having them 3 will make a huge difference. Plus their front rower Fotuaika is a prospect.
This may allow them to further attract some quality players..
I guess they want to change the stigma attached to the club of it being a retirement lounge. Can't be retiring if ur a 20 year old..
However they are losing Ryan James to the Raiders.

Noise

Coach
They have also signed Tino from the Storm and Ese'ese.
So good fwd signings. Its a tough one because realistically unless they pay overs no-one will go there.
Having them 3 will make a huge difference. Plus their front rower Fotuaika is a prospect.
This may allow them to further attract some quality players..
I guess they want to change the stigma attached to the club of it being a retirement lounge. Can't be retiring if ur a 20 year old..
However they are losing Ryan James to the Raiders.
And Jai Arrow to Souths.

Glenneel

Bench
What? You are a bonehead. No one is saying the the NRL should or even could do what you are idiotically suggesting. Read carefully and work out the difference as to what Shubert told Parra in regards to Folau and what I am suggesting and what you stupidly are putting forward here.

And to say that it isn't possible to do it, well ummm...it has already been done. It should be done again is what I am suggesting in regards to D. Fifita otherwise the system is a laughable joke for some clubs and a restricting scam for others.
Apparently D Fifita going to Tits. Their pack should be competitive next year with him and Tino wheelbarrow from Storm going there.

Glenneel

Bench
Looks like Holdsworth is building nicely. Money aside I really didnt see Fifita moving. Looks like poor form and trouble in paradise is even effecting Bronco Dollars. Obviously Seibold hasnt endeared himself to the playing group. Lets go Justins Tits.
About time Parra went to Broncos saying they'll take this forward or that off their hands to free up money so Broncos can buy spine players. Their cap is all screwed up, concentrated in the forwards, so they have no direction from their inexperienced spine players.

Last edited:

Glenneel

Bench
So according to fox sports, the roosters will get SBW for only $150k on their cap. His contract will be valued at $400k, but with him only playing the final 4-5 games plus finals they only have to pay him 35% of that.

what an absolute crock, so they are saying a player that was on over $2m overseas for the season is valued at $400k per season in the NRL
Doubt he is worth $2m a season, at about 36, the best is probably well past him.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Apparently D Fifita going to Tits. Their pack should be competitive next year with him and Tino wheelbarrow from Storm going there.
I heard he was staying at Broncos. Loves the coach and wants to help dig them out of a hole and start a dynasty. Money doesn't matter to him.

strider

Post Whore
I hate it when I comment on a post nearly 24 hours after it is originally posted and I don't bother reading all the post made since. It makes me look silly that my breaking news has already been discussed for 2 pages.
You can never have enought breaking news alerts that are at least 24hrs old .... just watch ch9 news breaks

ALERT

BREAKING NEWS

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
About time Parra went to Broncos saying they'll take this forward or that off their hands to free up money so Broncos can buy spine players. Their cap is all screwed up, concentrated in the forwards, so they have no direction from their inexperienced spine players.
Milford, Croft and Boyd (signed as a fullback) have all played in grand finals.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which contract is he in breach of?
He isn't. The point is they can ban him from playing for any clubs that don't suit the NRL, in a completely arbitrary manner. They did it with Folau and his below-market-value contract. They could do the same here, demanding he only sign for an amount that no other club than the Warriors can afford, due to arbitrary salary cap dispensations they apply due to their players choosing to fly home.