What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mbye has been decidedly low tech for a couple of years now.

I think we may need to bench him to ignite some spice and speed back into his game. It’s worked for a few of our other blokes. There’s not meant to be any protected species under Madge who is a “whole of squad” coach.

He’s a very decent guy and is worthy of the captaincy on character and club grounds. But back in the day, captains should be one of the best players, consistently etc.

Certainly there is stability with him and he has gifts, but we rarely see them.

Only the most delusional of us would think he is playing anywhere near his stellar optimum.

I would have thought the new rules would have suited the players with a known turn of speed and ball skills, but he’s been well and truly shown up by our lessor lights and a freak junior.

A few years ago, he was nothing short of devastating and one of the most dangerous players in the comp. Now the defence yawn when he has the ball, comfortable in the belief that he is the player least likely to pose any kind of genuine threat. He lines up for a kick, and sadly, he’s odds on to miss it.

It may come as an emotional blow to him, but we need to tweak his tail. I would do it in games we are not expected to win to contain the damage.

There’s a chance it could really hurt him, but if he has resilience and courage aka Benji and Brooksy, he will recover and ....vastly improve.

Realistically, we are a few performances away from Madge’s top 4 berth. But a willing and freshly motivated mbye would greatly assist us in that noble ambition.

Last edited:
I might add, we should be in the mix for Blake Green.

A cheap and cheerful strike player.

The opposition would hate to see him running on off the interchange at the 30 minute mark.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Mbye has been decidedly low tech for a couple of years now.

I think we may need to bench him to ignite some spice and speed back into his game. It’s worked for a few of our other blokes. There’s not meant to be any protected species under Madge who is a “whole of squad”

He’s a very decent guy and is worthy of the captaincy on character and club grounds. But back in the day, captains should be one of the best players, consistently etc.

Certainly there is stability with him and he has gifts, but we rarely see them.

Only the most delusional of us would think he is playing anywhere near his stellar optimum.

I would have thought the new rules would have suited the players with a known turn of speed and ball skills, but he’s been well and truly shown up by our lessor lights and a freak junior.

A few years ago, he was nothing short of devastating and one of the most dangerous players in the comp. Now the defence yawn when he has the ball, comfortable in the belief that he is the player least likely to pose any kind of genuine threat. He lines up for a kick, and sadly, he’s odds on to miss it.

It may come as an emotional blow to him, but we need to tweak his tail. I would do it in games we are not expected to win to contain the damage.

There’s a chance it could really hurt him, but if he has resilience and courage aka Benji and Brooksy, he will recover and ....vastly improve.

Realistically, we are a few performances away from Madge’s top 4 berth. But a willing and freshly motivated mbye would greatly assist us in that noble ambition.
He’s an unmerited captain.A decision made by the coach that’s baffling.Maguire has employed double standards when he dropped Benji for a mth yet this bum continues to retain his spot in the team.

Stellar optimum & devastating & dangerous have never been terms befitting of this impostor.The dogs fans r still celebrating at the enormous gift we gave them in luring the massively overpaid nonentity to concord.

WestsTigers2000

Juniors
Can't believe Eisenhuth has been dropped after all the work, metres and tackles he has done over the past 6-8 weeks. Should be there instead of Clark who offers absolutely nothing as a prop.

gordsy

Juniors
May just be personnel rotation in consideration of the bruising season this is proving to be
100% it's this. Look at other teams with all the injuries they have they have to put guys in who aren't match fit and match hardened. Now we may lose a game or two because of it but it makes more sense to give guys a shot now rather than to have them sit on the sidelines for 12 weeks then throw them in hoping they can do a job for us, especially when it's the ned of the year and top 8 spots are up for grabs.

As for other people looking to sign Green, yeah no thanks. We should be looking to lock up Madge now for as long as we can. He is the best coach we've had in years in terms of enforcing and breeding toughness and accountability. He ain't perfect but he's the first good coach we've had since Sheens went mad. So Pacoe and co, don't f**k this up

Fordy20

Juniors
As for other people looking to sign Green, yeah no thanks. We should be looking to lock up Madge now for as long as we can. He is the best coach we've had in years in terms of enforcing and breeding toughness and accountability. He ain't perfect but he's the first good coach we've had since Sheens went mad. So Pacoe and co, don't f**k this up

Agreed. With Bellamy retiring and Seibold a dead man walking, we need to sign him up before a more glamourous club comes along and blows us out of the water.

Madge is on a whopping $833k a season, Not that he’s struggling.

He’d be a millionaire many times over.

He rejected a couple of openings to join us, notably the warriors.

Richo said that the last few years under Madge was a case of him working the players too hard, losing perspective and they were very ordinary 16 and 17 for the squad dripping with talent.

If he’s happy and supported, he won’t be demanding the earth

Consider that Mary gets $800k a season for seven years of failure from successive poor decision making, a once mighty club on its knees. Fans and members leaving in droves. Uncertainty and fear in their hearts that a whole generation has been cashed in for his mindless vanity and their bloodsucking board of incompetent human excrement.

We don’t want to live through the sgi nightmare. A non lethal infection of co vid is a kinder option for their hard core.

Madge starts looking like a seconds world bargain find at $833k.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Madge is on a whopping $833k a season, Not that he’s struggling.

He’d be a millionaire many times over.

He rejected a couple of openings to join us, notably the warriors.

Richo said that the last few years under Madge was a case of him working the players too hard, losing perspective and they were very ordinary 16 and 17 for the squad dripping with talent.

If he’s happy and supported, he won’t be demanding the earth

Consider that Mary gets $800k a season for seven years of failure from successive poor decision making, a once mighty club on its knees. Fans and members leaving in droves. Uncertainty and fear in their hearts that a whole generation has been cashed in for his mindless vanity and their bloodsucking board of incompetent human excrement.

We don’t want to live through the sgi nightmare. A non lethal infection of co vid is a kinder option for their hard core.

Madge starts looking like a seconds world bargain find at $833k.
Madge signed for 5 years, didn't he?
This is his second full year, did the fill in for Cleary count as well?

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought it was 3 years plus the balance of the walking vomit.
You are correct.
Michael Maguire joined Wests Tigers as Head Coach ahead of the 2019 season on a three-year contract. After spending his playing career with the Canberra Raiders, "Madge" began his coaching career at the Melbourne Storm under Craig Bellamy in 2009 before becoming a head coach in Super League with Wigan Warriors.

We want to try to keep him at an affordable rate because of the co-vid decline.

Every year the economy needs to grow a couple of percent to keep a recession at bay and now there are rumours, 10-15 years of growth is being wiped out in a year with perhaps more to come.

So I’m in favour of a manageable salary and no grotesque partaking of overs.

There are some pretty good coaches who are unemployed at the moment who would work for beer money to get a look in.

Griffin, Tooves, Green ( Paul!), Kearney, Pay, Nathan Brown, Henry, Cartwright, Kevvie, all super league, every 2 ic and junior seibold out there. Seibs could come and he’s not a bad coach. Madge would take a pay cut if he thought Seibs was a goer as he thinks seibs stabbed him hard at Souths. No evidence, but I tend to agree with Madge. Are you reading this Pascoe?!!

They would inherit a side with finals promise.

Everyone of them would love a go.

There’s not many nrl jobs out there. It’s a wonderful job. Not even Kevvie can get in. Madge has had his tough years.

But he’s done a cracking job for us.

If he offers a “ train away” price ( no more to pay) of $900k I’d be tempted. Beyond that, mmm.

None of this Latrell nonsense. Other coaches would take $450k, bend over and be passing us the lube

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
We want to try to keep him at an affordable rate because of the co-vid decline.

Every year the economy needs to grow a couple of percent to keep a recession at bay and now there are rumours, 10-15 years of growth is being wiped out in a year with perhaps more to come.

So I’m in favour of a manageable salary and no grotesque partaking of overs.

There are some pretty good coaches who are unemployed at the moment who would work for beer money to get a look in.

Griffin, Tooves, Green ( Paul!), Kearney, Pay, Nathan Brown, Henry, Cartwright, all super league, every 2 ic and junior seibold out there. Seibs could come and he’s not a bad coach. Madge would take a pay cut if he thought Seibs was a goer as he thinks he stabbed him hard at Souths. Are you reading this Pascoe?!!

They would inherit a side with finals promise.

Everyone of them would love a go.

There’s not many jobs out there. Madge has had his tough years.

But he’s done a cracking job for us.

If he offers a “ train away” price ( no more to pay) of $900k I’d be tempted. Beyond that, mmm.

None of this Latrell nonsense.
I'm good with resigning Madge but how so has "he done a cracking job"?
Its most noticeable that we don't seem to sign any elite players, maybe not Madge's fault or maybe it is?
But the fact is, they are not here.

I'm good with resigning Madge but how so has "he done a cracking job"?
Its most noticeable that we don't seem to sign any elite players, maybe not Madge's fault or maybe it is?
But the fact is, they are not here.

5 good Madge points:

1. good players are arriving. Blore, Grant turned up, bj and Lucy have been good, stefano, ad is here. More are coming. A couple of halves, backs, we are in business. Can’t work miracles overnight.

2. The forwards continue to impress. My fave JA, Twal and Packer has lifted 4 gears. Eiso. Nofo is try leader on the wing in the comp. Clark and sey putting their hands up lately. Desire.

3. All teams need to improve each year, we are much stronger and tougher than last year. Finally having 80 minute games, played great footy against the panthers, didn’t give up v eels like last year. Can get out there and belt other sides. Put the hammer down against broncs. Held them scoreless. Just f**ked them beyond saving. Some great spells in defence this year. Total blockout v panthers under seige for ages. Only happy killed us in an amazing night for him. Tough footy when required.

4. Whole of squad system to cover for lapses in form, injuries, makes the cruel decisions, talks the boys up, engenders confidence and self belief. the boys turn up. It’s taken awhile, but I sense the hunger.

5. On paper, we should be 9-12, but we’ve had our dalliances into the top 8. Players are generally brought in when it’s right and sacked when it’s right. Good system below Madge.

All this with a couple of passengers, beloved rowdy, Steve McQueen and bloody mbye around our necks. The Brooks affair has been tough. MCK, poor kid.

Let’s avoid our chronic goal kicker issue. That’s a real problem. But ffs, no Esan to bet against.

Plus his club duties and press conferences, he speaks well, takes responsibility and never talks shit. He’s likeable and approachable.

So I’m prepared to offer him about 5k more per game than Mary for the hope and promise.

I’m predicting a few elites by 2022. If Harry comes back, we could be well up there.

Coaching is about inspiration not just recruitment, he’s lifting the players. Same paging at times. That broncos game, close if not best performance since gf. I don’t know anyone who thinks we haven’t climbed up some rungs this year.

The sponsors love him. They are pleased. That’s important as they will continue to pump the dough in. A delivery company sponsor during a pandemic Is pretty secure.

Anyway that’s what’s I think, could well be wrong, fine and happy if folks disagree.

All that said, the club always comes first. I’m prepared to plot and plan to get our man at an affordable rate. No one is indispensable.

Last edited:

Latest posts