What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Road trip! Decided to hit the road north for a few weeks at the end of next week. Since it would be stupid to cross any borders under current circumstances, we're going to drive up to the Daintree....take our time, enjoy the reef and seafood. Mrs has never had coral trout so that's on the list. Reef time will be another. May as well do it before the scourge from the south gets here.
Some great spots along the coast of QLD. Plenty of hot mermaids as well.

Eelogical

Referee
I like the coastal far north. Been to Port Douglas a few times but never Cooktown. Going to do that this time.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gets pretty windy and remote up that way.

Get yourself a 4WD and take the Peninsular Development Road up to Weipa. Great road to drive.

Eelogical

Referee
Gets pretty windy and remote up that way.

Get yourself a 4WD and take the Peninsular Development Road up to Weipa. Great road to drive.
Already have a 4WD. Staying on the coast this trip. Next trip will be outback QLD. Longreach, Winton and beyond. But, that's for another time. I won't be going full Russell Coight, though.

strider

Post Whore
Reminds me ... i was gonna ask - all you sydney siders, what are some interesting places to drive for a day trip around sydney?

Im trying to find new places to go. Dont have to be amazing, just wanna go somewhere different. ... for example, i went to cateract dam last weekend.

Ive been down south a fair bit. Kiama, etc ... done some obvious spots like bowral a bit.
Only been north a little.

Eelogical

Referee
Reminds me ... i was gonna ask - all you sydney siders, what are some interesting places to drive for a day trip around sydney?

Im trying to find new places to go. Dont have to be amazing, just wanna go somewhere different. ... for example, i went to cateract dam last weekend.

Ive been down south a fair bit. Kiama, etc ... done some obvious spots like bowral a bit.
Depends on your starting point, but anything's possible. I've driven from Kings Langley to Braidwood for lunch with friends for the day, just for something different. It was a memorable day.

Eelogical

Referee
One of my Sydney day trips would be a drive up the Bells Line Of Rd (pick up a fresh baked apple pie at Bilpin Fruit Bowl on the way), some time at Mt Tomah Botanical gardens, head back to Govetts Leap at Blackheath for a walk and views then pizza at the Station bar at Katoomba for a late lunch before heading home.

strider

Post Whore
Depends on your starting point, but anything's possible. I've driven from Kings Langley to Braidwood for lunch with friends for the day, just for something different. It was a memorable day.
Im thinking about a 2hr drive,maybe a little more ... im starting from southern sydney, kogarah area - hence why ive gone south a bit

Happy MEel

First Grade
One of my Sydney day trips would be a drive up the Bells Line Of Rd (pick up a fresh baked apple pie at Bilpin Fruit Bowl on the way), some time at Mt Tomah Botanical gardens, head back to Govetts Leap at Blackheath for a walk and views then pizza at the Station bar at Katoomba for a late lunch before heading home.
I’ll second this and throw in a detour down to the Megalong Valley to the tea rooms and then wine tasting at Dryridge Estate. Hands down the best view from a winery I’ve ever seen and the owners are awesome.

Pulpit Rock is also a must see but I’ve heard access could be a bit of an issue at the moment.

Last edited:

Eelogical

Referee
Im thinking about a 2hr drive,maybe a little more ... im starting from southern sydney, kogarah area - hence why ive gone south a bit
From my previous one day drive experiences from KL.
South: The Farm near Shellharbour, Jamberoo, Kangaroo Valley, Berry via Fitzroy Falls, Greenwell Pt for seafood.
West: Anything beyond Penrith, but Blackheath, Oberon and Jenolan is worth it.
North: Some areas of the Central Coast, Catherine Hill Bay, The Hunter Valley................Queensland.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach

West Head and the surrounding trails and beaches are cool. Look out over Pittwater, Palm Beach, Central Coast and Lion Island. Nice walking trails down to secluded beaches and even some aboriginal carvings in rocks to check out too. Prob take 1.5 hrs from your area.

Eelogical

Referee
I’ll second this and throw in a detour down to the Megalong Valley to the tea rooms and then wine tasting at Dryridge Estate. Hands down the best view from a winery I’ve ever seen and the owners are awesome.

Pulpit Rock is also a must see but I’ve heard access could be a bit of an issue at the moment.
Most views from a winery can be the best you've ever seen, given time.

Latest posts