What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Eelogical

Referee
West Head and the surrounding trails and beaches are cool. Look out over Pittwater, Palm Beach, Central Coast and Lion Island. Nice walking trails down to secluded beaches and even some aboriginal carvings in rocks to check out too. Prob take 1.5 hrs from your area.
ol' mate Strider is gonna be busy if he takes our collective opinions onboard.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Im thinking about a 2hr drive,maybe a little more ... im starting from southern sydney, kogarah area - hence why ive gone south a bit
Patonga is also another nice destination. You could drive up to Palm Beach and hop on the ferry up to Patonga. Lunch at the Boathouse and then depending on how energetic you’re feeling you could do the Patonga to Pearl Beach bushwalk and back. Return to Palmy and either head home or if it’s nearing dinner you could book a reservation at Barrenjoey House (or Jonahs if you’re loaded) :ok_hand:

Patonga is also another nice destination. You could drive up to Palm Beach and hop on the ferry up to Patonga. Lunch at the Boathouse and then depending on how energetic you’re feeling you could do the Patonga to Pearl Beach bushwalk and back. Return to Palmy and either head home or if it’s nearing dinner you could book a reservation at Barrenjoey House (or Jonahs if you’re loaded) :ok_hand:
Patonga is like Lara - lovely.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Two Figs winery at Berry.........
Another spectacular winery. This is the vista from Dryridge...

images

strider

Post Whore
Good suggestions ... thanks all

I havent been to the megalong vally for a mega long time :smile:
Patonga sounds like a goer ... i think i ran over a lizard last time i was at palm beach. Oops.
I do like heading to the northern beaches cos its somewhere i dont get to much.
Mt Tomah sounds good. I went to windsor/Richmond a few weeks ago.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Road trip! Decided to hit the road north for a few weeks at the end of next week. Since it would be stupid to cross any borders under current circumstances, we're going to drive up to the Daintree....take our time, enjoy the reef and seafood. Mrs has never had coral trout so that's on the list. Reef time will be another. May as well do it before the scourge from the south gets here.

Coral trout is one of the best eating fish and its readily available up there

good move

Cooktown isn't exactly a tourist mecca but watch out for cassowaries

Happy MEel

First Grade
Good suggestions ... thanks all

I havent been to the megalong vally for a mega long time :smile:
Patonga sounds like a goer ... i think i ran over a lizard last time i was at palm beach. Oops.
I do like heading to the northern beaches cos its somewhere i dont get to much.
Mt Tomah sounds good. I went to windsor/Richmond a few weeks ago.
Feel to free to PM if you want any more info or suggestions if you head over :thumbsup:

Latest posts