What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors targeting JDB & Aitken

Coffs dragon

Bench
St George Illawarra centre Euan Aitken will leave the Dragons at season’s end after agreeing to join the New Zealand Warriors on a three-year deal.

In a signing coup for both New Zealand and new coach Nathan Brown, Aitken on Tuesday told St George Illawarra teammates that he will be leaving the club at the end of the year to join the Warriors for the 2021 season.

One of the Dragons’ most consistent performers this year, Aitken was being hunted by several rivals but committed to the Warriors following Brown’s appointment.

Aitken wanted to remain at Wollongong but was not offered a deal beyond this year

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/88120c0e283ae8d585604b694203b058
All I can take from Euan’s decision is that his mate Mary is totally gone next year. New coach in waiting obviously doesn’t rate him!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Happy as f**k to see the back of Aitken, the bloke was a complete liability, but i'm now assuming that the club think the Feagais are ready?

Because with Aitken gone, Williame is the only other centre at the club.

Dragon David

First Grade
Nathan Brown in my opinion will help Aitken to finally reach the potential that he didn't reach playing under Mary. Brown can identify talent, that would suit his game plans, and I guess Aitken is one player that he can use. He does have a blockbusting way about him not too dissimilar to Jesse Ramien who of course is bigger and more mobile. Lately, he has shown that playing left centre is his position. A good replacement I think for Gerard Beale.

boardlumps62

Juniors
He’d be smashed at centre. Why people want to rush this kid into FG is beyond me. Just because our first graders are shit merkins, doesn’t mean our best reserve graders can easily slot in. The kid played well during the 9s. So did Jai Field, and he isn’t killing it in first grade.
Are the Fengai lads up to it they look much bigger than Ramsey.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
St George Illawarra centre Euan Aitken will leave the Dragons at season’s end after agreeing to join the New Zealand Warriors on a three-year deal.

In a signing coup for both New Zealand and new coach Nathan Brown, Aitken on Tuesday told St George Illawarra teammates that he will be leaving the club at the end of the year to join the Warriors for the 2021 season.

One of the Dragons’ most consistent performers this year, Aitken was being hunted by several rivals but committed to the Warriors following Brown’s appointment.

Aitken wanted to remain at Wollongong but was not offered a deal beyond this year

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/88120c0e283ae8d585604b694203b058

Apparently Aitken ran up to meet the warriors to sign the contract but missed them and ended up with nothing. (Everyone on here must have been thinking this :joy::joy::joy:)

True_Believer

Juniors
Nathan Brown in my opinion will help Aitken to finally reach the potential that he didn't reach playing under Mary. Brown can identify talent, that would suit his game plans, and I guess Aitken is one player that he can use. He does have a blockbusting way about him not too dissimilar to Jesse Ramien who of course is bigger and more mobile. Lately, he has shown that playing left centre is his position. A good replacement I think for Gerard Beale.

This is my concern too. Might take a bit of time to get it right, but under better structures he will potentially flourish.

redv13

Bench
The slug has played 111 first grade games and can’t do something simple like catch and pass. See ya buddy no loss. Enjoy NZ

possm

Coach
I'm fine to offload both of them. Yes including JDB if found not guilty.
JDB is off-contract at the end of this year wo we won't have to off-load him if we don't want him. But if De Belin is cleared then he should be welcome to stay if he wants to.

Mjab

Juniors
I dont think we will re-sign Aitken, so if the Warrors want him then so be it.

As far as JDB, well we all know we have to wait at least 'till the end of this month to see if he can play. Does he 'owe' us some for of loyalty? maybe, but my feeling it will come down to:
* who is coach (with us)
* acceptance by the whole of the playing group
* if he feels being away from the limelight will be more beneficial for him and his family.

Interesting that Brown would target 2 locks, unless he plans to move 1 into the prop rotation. They also have a few locks on their books, wirh Tevega playing there Friday night.

Don’t care if Euan leaves
Also don’t actually care about JDB

If I was JDB I would go Warriors, more money likely, a fresh start and as u say out limelight , esp if warriors are allowed to play all games in NZ as a payback