Warriors targeting JDB & Aitken

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by mickeylane, Aug 9, 2020.

1. possm

possm Coach

If the football department is operating within its budget, the Board does not play a part in the signing of a player. The contract is presented to the CEO and approved by the CEO. However, if any transaction causes concern, (long-term or short-term) to the Board, then the CEO will present this to the Board with a recommendation to approve/not approve.

With regard to senior appointments in the Club, apart from his own appointment, the CEO will provide a reccommendation to the Board for approval/not approval.

CEO recommendations to the Board are placed on the agenda for Board meetings by the CEO.

2. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

I doubt that Jack will be available to play and Ramsey can replace Aitken at centre.

Mjab and Gareth67 like this.
  3. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

Ramsey has never played a game of
    First grade in his life. Plus he’s built like a sign post. There’s no way he can play centre

4. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Yes , that is the problem with many of our younger players , however should the right individual be coaching the Dragons next year (?) he may be able to blood him in the top grade on a number of occasions to give Ramsey a taste of what 1st grade is all about .

That is if the young fella is able to bulk-up a bit during the off season . There no doubting that Ramsey has tremendous ability , but by the same token we cannot afford to throw him to the lions unless he is fully prepared for top grade NRL on a weekly basis .

5. RED73V

RED73V Juniors

Pretty PLEASE TAKE EUAN :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

redv13 and Gareth67 like this.
  6. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

Spot on mate

Gareth67 likes this.
  7. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

My favourite player Graeme Langlands was pretty gangly and wiry but was a great fullback and centre. Ramsey has special skills and needs to get a go. Billy Smith was also a great centre when he was not playing half. Both were light in frame but could tackle and had speed.

8. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

I recall a game against South Sydney back in the late ‘60’s when the Rabbitohs had their minor run of premierships . I think that it was our hard as nails regular center Ken Maddison whom was out injured and they put Billy Smith in his place .

I knew that he he could tackle , however the performance he put on that day was absolutely outstanding. The big Souths forwards were running at him most of the game and the little Saint stop each and every one of them .

Well those wittle wascal wabbits realized too late in the game that they were getting nowhere with this tactic and the mighty Saints went marching on to victory partially because of Smithy’s standout defensive effort .

As you said the man was a great player in either position and certainly deserved all the accolades that he received in a tremendous career .

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  9. possm

possm Coach

I agree with you, Ramsey would make a good fullback, centre and winger.

10. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

Reg Gasnier was the greatest centre of them all - 180cm and 81kg were his playing stats.
    Not exactly a giant wouldn't you say?
    The game has changed but not that much.
    Centres still need speed off the mark, footwork, good passing skills and solid defence.

Inisai Toga likes this.
  11. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

both also played at a time when players had other jobs outside of RL. They’d also go to the pub after training and a match because that’s Just what they did. These days players are full time professionals that spend hours training and at the gym. These days, centres have to be strong and fast as it’s one of the hardest positions to defend. A bloke built like Ramsey wouldn’t last a game at centre.

SBD82 and True_Believer like this.
  12. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

He’d be smashed at centre. Why people want to rush this kid into FG is beyond me. Just because our first graders are shit merkins, doesn’t mean our best reserve graders can easily slot in. The kid played well during the 9s. So did Jai Field, and he isn’t killing it in first grade.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    SBD82, True_Believer, Heavy D and 2 others like this.
  13. George Sancti

George Sancti Juniors

I also believe that he is our best junior, whilst not yet physically ready for first grade. Another off season to build up, and some time in the lower grades and he may be ready for a wing position towards the middle of 2021.

Inisai Toga and R&WTILLIDIE like this.
  14. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

I don't think I'd be to upset if JBD left let all the drama be someone else's problem.

Don't get me wrong I think it would be really poor form if he left though.

15. Elias1983

Elias1983 Coach

Apparently breaking now that Aitken is off to the warriors.

Attached Files:

Mjab, Lord Teddy Goodwin and redv13 like this.
  16. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

Good news for the 2021 left winger.
    CC

Mjab, Kylez3, Coreyzz and 7 others like this.
  17. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Gitano will be pleased.

ALSGI, Kylez3, Coreyzz and 4 others like this.
  18. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

St George Illawarra centre Euan Aitken will leave the Dragons at season’s end after agreeing to join the New Zealand Warriors on a three-year deal.

In a signing coup for both New Zealand and new coach Nathan Brown, Aitken on Tuesday told St George Illawarra teammates that he will be leaving the club at the end of the year to join the Warriors for the 2021 season.

One of the Dragons’ most consistent performers this year, Aitken was being hunted by several rivals but committed to the Warriors following Brown’s appointment.

Aitken wanted to remain at Wollongong but was not offered a deal beyond this year

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/88120c0e283ae8d585604b694203b058

19. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

Goodbye Aitken. You never lived up to expectation. Glad to see you go. Who knows how he would’ve gone under a decent coach....next minute...saints unveil their 2021 gun centre signing....”no one!”

Mjab, Gareth67, Coreyzz and 2 others like this.
  20. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Yay! Could lose him and Mary in a calendar week. Worth it's own holiday.