What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He's gone

LINESPEED

Juniors
Wonder if Atkin had knowledge of this hence his warriors signing.

Well Webby
It was your Day 129
that did it!

And well done on circumventing the need for a vote by acting decisively on the Fraudster who cowardly sought to know in advance

....who always only had his own & his mates’ interests at heart.

Thus the trifecta and symbols of 5 years of failure - McGoner, Lafai & Aitken are all gone within weeks -

....collectively knowing their game was up
- spun out if you like

So words & time have dealt us justice

Cut through

the cankers excised

And your ‘angst’ was well deserved & targeted Webby

...left to stew for a while
while the truth filtered through

.... and hopefully the failure to listen to fans the lesson learned

We are good people with good intentions

... no longer hostages to stupidity

we have our Club back

at last!

Btk

Juniors
No I don't buy into any celebration at all. I don't have any ill feeling to a former Dragon player that was good enough to wear the mighty Red V at every level of the game. He gave it his best shot. I cannot fault his commitment to the club. He was offered a new contract by the board. He accepted the offer from the board. Throw the shit where it's deserved.

It was obvious that Mary was not up to the task by the end of the third season and, rather than doing the honourable thing by the club and supporters, he chose to put his snout in the trough.

I was a big fan when he was a player but have now lost all respect for him. It will probably take a couple years to rebuild the club after Mary trashed the joint. Nobody wants to come play at the Dragons, seniors looking elsewhere, and juniors not getting development. Glad Mary is gone, but also realistic about next steps.

Dragon David

First Grade
It’s easy to engage in a pile-on but agree with what was said earlier, McGregor didn’t write his own cheque and doesn’t deserve it. One thing he cannot be faulted for is his passion for the club and he has worked tirelessly. It’s unfortunate that the profound failure of his tenure was entirely predictable and not remedied and that it’s come to this ... also not McGregor’s responsibility. This was a job that club officials failed to deal with for far too long. His appointment was flawed with adequate due diligence not undertaken. People say he should have walked away long ago and maybe he should have. But how many people walk away from their three-quarter-mil dream job? The answer, no-one. Sadly we cannot guarantee similar appointments won’t take place in the future as the club has a track record in the area of cosy appointments. This change should have come two extensions and reviews ago when Demetriou, Holbrook and others were waiting for gigs to open up and we could be well down the track. More importantly the culture of stasis can now give way to the change that’s sorely needed. The club had no other option but to move Immediately with lots of players in the market and a number of clubs having clean outs.
Hopefully we have not missed the boat in getting better players to the club and lets hope that the juniors are now given more chance to excel.

McGregor tried his best after being given those extra years to stay at the club by the Board. Unfortunately, his best was just not good enough.

grouch

First Grade
This is me all day today as I keep checking the news websites to make sure this is real and not a dream

d91.gif

Dragon David

First Grade
G,day everyone....well been waiting for this day for a long long time.....said last year I wouldnt/ couldnt contribute to the forum and be supportive of my beloved Dragons untill The Imposter was gone....call me whatever you wish to but I got to the stage where I just could no longer put myself through the pain anguish and disappointment of watching this bloke ruin this once mighty and proud club.
We are not out of the woods by far but hopefully the new Coach whoever it will be will instill some pride and passion in the team and restore some heart and soul back into its supporters.....unfortunately I have had some ongoing health issues of late but am looking forward to reading and contributing once again with my fellow members on here...cheers
Good to see your comments again Blood Shot Eyes and that you intend to continue reading and contributing again on the forum. Hopefully with Mary gone your health will improve.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well Webby
It was your Day 129
that did it!

And well done on circumventing the need for a vote by acting decisively on the Fraudster who cowardly sought to know in advance

....who always only had his own & his mates’ interests at heart.

Thus the trifecta and symbols of 5 years of failure - McGoner, Lafai & Aitken are all gone within weeks -

....collectively knowing their game was up
- spun out if you like

So words & time have dealt us justice

Cut through

the cankers excised

And your ‘angst’ was well deserved & targeted Webby

...left to stew for a while
while the truth filtered through

.... and hopefully the failure to listen to fans the lesson learned

We are good people with good intentions

... no longer hostages to stupidity

we have our Club back

at last!
At long last, all of your posts have turned hope into reality. Thanks for all your valued time for your many posts on the Sack Mary thread.

LINESPEED

Juniors
At long last, all of your posts have turned hope into reality. Thanks for all your valued time for your many posts on the Sack Mary thread.

Thanks DD
We’re all dedicated fans & do our best.

Last night the news of Aitken’s departure soothed a long drive back from central QLD

& this morning was a John Lennon moment.

So much so I pulled over after the Byron Bay tunnels to post -
after a text from my brother-in-law

One of those irreplaceable moments in time.

We can now go to the footy proud
...with our heads up again!

RedVDave

First Grade
I was a bit worried about Young getting the gig fulltime but I saw our draw we play Knights, Raiders, Storm & Eels that's at least 3 losses right there.

we also play a desperate Broncos team.
An improving Titans team
and the Cowboys.

Gareth67

First Grade
Read the news earlier , but refused to believe it until I actually saw it on one of the major media outlets . Shock , but extremely pleased that our 7 long years in the wilderness is now over .

The Dragons can finally begin to breathe fire :fire: once again !

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Thanks DD
We’re all dedicated fans & do our best.

Last night the news of Aitken’s departure soothed a long drive back from central QLD

& this morning was a John Lennon moment.

So much so I pulled over after the Byron Bay tunnels to post -
after a text from my brother-in-law

One of those irreplaceable moments in time.

We can now go to the footy proud
...with our heads up again!
Nice one Linespeed!