What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol large waves threatening buildings is obviously a problem in that area and has been for ever, hence the sea walls. France and the bay of Biscay has huge tides and often gets bombarded with large Atlantic swells. It’s got nothing to do with climate change.
What has changed very recently is the volume and coverage of aerial video sensors. No wonder merkins are all terrified. Once upon a time you used to hear about this and go 'yeah that would suck'. Now you get to watch it.

Gronk

Staff member
The waves in Sydney this weekend were smaller than the ones on Twitter. Does that mean we didn't get as much Global Warming this weekend?

Does that explain the snow?
You are describing weather. The chaotic nature of weather means that no conclusion about climate can ever be drawn from a single data point, hot or cold. The temperature of one place at one time is just weather, and says nothing about climate, much less climate change .

BTW dont be posting graphs n shit , cos Obama be larfing at you.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4581599/user-clip-obamas-coming-bacon-donuts

Noise

Coach
You are describing weather. The chaotic nature of weather means that no conclusion about climate can ever be drawn from a single data point, hot or cold. The temperature of one place at one time is just weather, and says nothing about climate, much less climate change .

BTW dont be posting graphs n shit , cos Obama be larfing at you.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4581599/user-clip-obamas-coming-bacon-donuts
Lol the CCTV footage you showed was also weather and doesn’t prove climate change. Pretty sure HJ was making a point that a single clip of large waves doesn’t prove climate change, just like the small waves Sydney had this weekend doesn’t mean anything either.

Gronk

Staff member
Lol the CCTV footage you showed was also weather and doesn’t prove climate change. Pretty sure HJ was making a point that a single clip of large waves doesn’t prove climate change, just like the small waves Sydney had this weekend doesn’t mean anything either.

Read the room merkin. The frequency of extreme weather events is impacting the world.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah, I reckon at least 5 people made that point before Professor @Gronk's lecture. Its stupid to point to one example and say it's due to climate change (which is what he did before changing to the 'frequency of events' narrative).

I assume the Obama clip is the one where he talks about how you would always trust a medical doctor, so why not a climate scientist?

I'll give credit where it's due - its a funny quote, but I don't think he is comparing apples with apples. People are concerned that a bunch of scientists are letting their world view interfere with their science. That's their view by the way, so please don't @ me.

I can't think of a comparable example in the medical profession that is as significant. Maybe groups of doctors that have strong views about vaccination, certain therapies or drug types. I can guarantee that for whatever specific example one could find, there would be an equally rabid group of concerned citizens that are diametrically opposed.

Gronk

Staff member
The US president had claimed mail drop boxes which will be used by some voters to place their ballots during the US election in November “are not Covid sanitised” and are “a big fraud!”.

In the same tweet, he said: “So now the Democrats are using Mail Drop Boxes, which are a voter security disaster. Among other things, they make it possible for a person to vote multiple times. Also, who controls them, are they placed in Republican or Democrat areas?”

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah, I reckon at least 5 people made that point before Professor @Gronk's lecture. Its stupid to point to one example and say it's due to climate change (which is what he did before changing to the 'frequency of events' narrative).

I assume the Obama clip is the one where he talks about how you would always trust a medical doctor, so why not a climate scientist?

I'll give credit where it's due - its a funny quote, but I don't think he is comparing apples with apples. People are concerned that a bunch of scientists are letting their world view interfere with their science. That's their view by the way, so please don't @ me.

I can't think of a comparable example in the medical profession that is as significant. Maybe groups of doctors that have strong views about vaccination, certain therapies or drug types. I can guarantee that for whatever specific example one could find, there would be an equally rabid group of concerned citizens that are diametrically opposed.
Lots of deflection and minimisation going on. Nothing to see hear ?

Noise

Coach
Read the room merkin. The frequency of extreme weather events is impacting the world.

Read the room? You gave a single clip on large waves in France and put it down to climate change. You were called out on it and have since changed your point to frequency of events - which had nothing to do with your original post of the CCTV footage.