What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

WestyLife

First Grade
Sivo would be fine on our backline. Issue is confidence and some basics in defence. If a coach like Ivan couldn't fix that then Sivo would be a lost cause.

BxTom

Bench
Sivo would be fine on our backline. Issue is confidence and some basics in defence. If a coach like Ivan couldn't fix that then Sivo would be a lost cause.
I would be pretty sure that the Penrith trainers would have seen both his strengths and weaknesses and tried to work on both before letting him go, which suggest that his defense wasn't improving despite extra attention.

WestyLife

First Grade
I would be pretty sure that the Penrith trainers would have seen both his strengths and weaknesses and tried to work on both before letting him go, which suggest that his defense wasn't improving despite extra attention.

If true he'll be playing union in a few years.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
watched the esl game last night, Maloney played for the Catalins.

It was like watched the Panther attack in 2019. Only tries a couple of barge over tries. Very predictible.

Jimmy looked quite predictible in attack. Thank goodness he moved on for this year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Interesting to read the Eels fans Sivo to watch the video of our wingers and the work they do. He is definitely on the nose at the moment. He is virtually unstoppable any where close to the line and yet bringing the ball back he is quite soft which is strange for such a big unit.

WestyLife

First Grade
Interesting to read the Eels fans Sivo to watch the video of our wingers and the work they do. He is definitely on the nose at the moment. He is virtually unstoppable any where close to the line and yet bringing the ball back he is quite soft which is strange for such a big unit.

Their entire team is playing soft except maybe Brown. They've lost belief.

Kilkenny

Coach
Their entire team is playing soft except maybe Brown. They've lost belief.

I thought they tried pretty hard the other night, there last ditch defence was very good, prevented us from scoring quite a few more tries. They just seem a bit predictable in attack and our defence was outstanding.

WestyLife

First Grade
I thought they tried pretty hard the other night, there last ditch defence was very good, prevented us from scoring quite a few more tries. They just seem a bit predictable in attack and our defence was outstanding.

Yes we were good but they had no confidence to meet us in the physical battle. If they did it would've been state of origin intensity instead we never looked troubled outside our own errors. It's been their issue for weeks now.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes we were good but they had no confidence to meet us in the physical battle. If they did it would've been state of origin intensity instead we never looked troubled outside our own errors. It's been their issue for weeks now.

I have said all year. Flat track bullies someone takes it too them. They can't handle it

Kilkenny

Coach

Your right we made some errors and missed some decent opportunities which kept the game closer than it needed to be.

I hope they finish 4th prefer not to meet the Roosters in the 1 v 4 both them and the Storm are the benchmarks at present.

WestyLife

First Grade
Age is the main issue. 27 by the time you fix it he is approaching 30 and slowing down

I agree. Someone had to sort it early but coaches would've let him go with his natural size and strength.

I have said all year. Flat track bullies someone takes it too them. They can't handle it

Hard to argue after the last month. They did fight for the Sharks game but not sure how much the terrible weather messed that game up.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree. Someone had to sort it early but coaches would've let him go with his natural size and strength.

Hard to argue after the last month. They did fight for the Sharks game but not sure how much the terrible weather messed that game up.

He didn't didn't play the game until 23. Then busy footy, Ron Massey Cup. No ones fault just raw talent but has been worked out by opponents now

Sharks scored more tries in that game so was luck

WestyLife

First Grade
Your right we made some errors and missed some decent opportunities which kept the game closer than it needed to be.

I hope they finish 4th prefer not to meet the Roosters in the 1 v 4 both them and the Storm are the benchmarks at present.

It's not about us though. We were discussing the Eels. My point was their mentality is shot. Like Franklin said they fold in the face of tough opposition. They can play though when on.

Kilkenny

Coach
He didn't didn't play the game until 23. Then busy footy, Ron Massey Cup. No ones fault just raw talent but has been worked out by opponents now

Sharks scored more tries in that game so was luck

Sivo has an amazing try scoring record and close to the line he is a beast and virtually unstoppable so he has to be given some credit.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's not about us though. We were discussing the Eels. My point was their mentality is shot. Like Franklin said they fold in the face of tough opposition. They can play though when on.

Im not so sure. The semi finals will be a new competition and if we do meet them in week 1 we well have to be better than we were on Friday night. They are more than capable of being dangerous opponents.

Latest posts