What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Pomoz

Bench
Matthew is discovering that talent is not enough if you want to sustain a career. Hard work, dedication and taking care of your body is just as important. There was an article about Cameron Smith and they said his longevity is because of A) good genes, B) He trains really hard and takes care of his body. Don't be fooled by his skinny body, he trains the house down.

WestyLife

First Grade
Matthew is discovering that talent is not enough if you want to sustain a career. Hard work, dedication and taking care of your body is just as important. There was an article about Cameron Smith and they said his longevity is because of A) good genes, B) He trains really hard and takes care of his body. Don't be fooled by his skinny body, he trains the house down.

He also doesn't subject himself to the high impacts that other players do. He has very few runs and his tackling style is more passive as he grabs guys and has his support do the heavy work.

Pomoz

Bench
He also doesn't subject himself to the high impacts that other players do. He has very few runs and his tackling style is more passive as he grabs guys and has his support do the heavy work.
You may be right, but I think he has perfected a tackling style that is highly effective. He would probably make a skilled judo expert because he instinctively knows how to use a player's strength against them. He seems to fold under the player to bring them down, rather than use brute force to smash them down. In a storm (sic), would you rather bend like a willow or stand strong like an Oak?

WestyLife

First Grade
You may be right, but I think he has perfected a tackling style that is highly effective. He would probably make a skilled judo expert because he instinctively knows how to use a player's strength against them. He seems to fold under the player to bring them down, rather than use brute force to smash them down. In a storm (sic), would you rather bend like a willow or stand strong like an Oak?

100%. I definitely don't mean he isn't effective. Just less stress on him physically. You want Smith for his smarts not his physicality anyway.

Kilkenny

Coach
The guy has been a freak whether you like him personally or not. To miss so few games thru injury in such a long career in this competition and rep games is truly astonishing.

Kilkenny

Coach
I know he has scored a lot of tries most from close range but his defence and reads in defence are truly awful. Sivo is a real liability when things are not going the Eels way.

betcats

Referee
I know he has scored a lot of tries most from close range but his defence and reads in defence are truly awful. Sivo is a real liability when things are not going the Eels way.

The way he set his feet on that latrell Kick return was a little comical, my old boy could’ve run around him on that play and he’s only got one leg

Kilkenny

Coach
The way he set his feet on that latrell Kick return was a little comical, my old boy could’ve run around him on that play and he’s only got one leg

The Eels fans have turned on him in recent times.

He is beast 10 metres out with only one or two to beat but anywhere else on the field he has issues.

betcats

Referee
The Eels fans have turned on him in recent times.

He is beast 10 metres out with only one or two to beat but anywhere else on the field he has issues.

They are going to be a rabid bunch after that half, actually heard some boos as they walked off

Have the Bunnies been red hot or the Eels poor. Not quite sure the 2nd half May reveal all.

Mixture of both by the looks of it. Souths seem to have found their mojo whilst Parra looks like they’re playing like it’s 2018.

That try that was scored against Sivo was terrible on his part. He’s starting to look like a flat track bully

betcats

Referee
Have the Bunnies been red hot or the Eels poor. Not quite sure the 2nd half May reveal all.

Bunnies red hot for sure, Parra are poor as a result. Their edge defence is being found out, seems to be a few guys at parra who are happy to coast a little bit.