What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Peats and French, the top sides are going to shit themselves with that sort of recruitment.

Is that what you think its about ?

If you consider that fact that Fergo may be on $500K and he is replaced by French on about half that, then its may be possible to put $250 towards beefing up an edge or middle player

I'd say more to do with balancing the squad rather than strengthening one position, but then again I think French would be good for more than 2 tries in a season

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is that what you think its about ?

If you consider that fact that Fergo may be on $500K and he is replaced by French on about half that, then its may be possible to put $250 towards beefing up an edge or middle player

I'd say more to do with balancing the squad rather than strengthening one position, but then again I think French would be good for more than 2 tries in a season
French is not a wing option, he was run out of parra because he refused to do any sort of tough stuff out of our end. And while Fergo only scored a few tries(i blame that on the halves and attack just as much as Fergo by the way)he continued to do a lot of the hard work from our end. And if we were to get rid of a winger on this years form it would be Sivo.

So a reserve grader and a washed up Hooker option is who we are chasing??? LOL As i said the top sides must be shitting themselves.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
French is not a wing option, he was run out of parra because he refused to do any sort of tough stuff out of our end. And while Fergo only scored a few tries(i blame that on the halves and attack just as much as Fergo by the way)he continued to do a lot of the hard work from our end. And if we were to get rid of a winger on this years form it would be Sivo

yeh but Sivo aint on $500K

have you watched French in ESL this year ?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
yeh but Sivo aint on $500K

have you watched French in ESL this year ?

He’s been carving up at 5/8th in a glorified Oztag comp. Especially this year with Covid, SL has pretty much become a joke.

I’m not totally against bringing him back mind you, players like Pap and Dufty have shown that small guys can still have a place in the NRL.

But it would only be for depth, slot straight into Fields position to cover 1,6 and 14. He got found out big time on the wing and I don’t see why we would move Gutho our best player from the position he’s probably going to go close winning the Dally M from.

If there is any truth in the French rumour, I'd rather he played on the wing, Gutho's best spot is at FB for mine.

I also read an article from Fox a few days ago (cant find it and didn't believe it) that we were trying to unload Fergo as he is on $500K a year, which is why I didn't believe it. If this was to happen and French replaced him, it would give us some decent cap space.
But that what he was reported to have signed for. People here seemed to think it was about right.

84 Baby

Referee
Sivo got a massive upgrade, pretty sure he's on 500k next season. And lol @ the ESL, Austin and Hastings look like world beaters over there as well.
I knew merkins would stick fast to the Sivo on $500k.
Signed contract for $1m over 3 years
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...s/news-story/1ce5e94060c814decf91645d8c1ba2e2
On top of which he was on match payment/bonus structured contract last year which was carried forward to this year. His cap hit for him this year might have $500k but I highly doubt it is next year

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I also read an article from Fox a few days ago (cant find it and didn't believe it) that we were trying to unload Fergo as he is on $500K a year, which is why I didn't believe it. If this was to happen and French replaced him, it would give us some decent cap space.

it wasn’t us shopping him, it was just a Foxsports article having a guess which players each club may want to shop:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/6cebdfbef6de58b0e9704d4c03186157

Fergo still offers plenty

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
French, if he comes here at all, will not be coming to be a winger. French doesn't want to play wing, he is no good at yardage coming out of our own end and he hasn't played wing in ages.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We should offer the cowboys a swap (yeah I know it’s not that simple) Moses for Morgan.....

does Moses have history with Todd? Does Morgan need a change ??

I still rate Moses and he offers plenty and think he will go ok next year for us, but if there are better options we should look at it. And think the finally key for our squad (along with some depth / fringe signings) is getting a rep half .....

think there is a stat the majority of premiers have a rep player in the halves...,

Last edited:

Latest posts