What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Angry_eel

First Grade
https://www.nospam21.com/parramatta-powerbrokers-demand-premiership-and-coaching-change-80516/
Parramatta Eels powerbrokers are set to meet with Eels management in a bid to have Paul Green, Shane Flanagan and Tim Sheens added to Brad Arthur’s coaching team.

The Daily Telegraph revealed a 20-member group have threatened to overtake the board as they demand their 34-year premiership drought ends next year.
This has the smell of the alternative group who took over the club to "deliver premierships". They eneded up delivering spoons.

The more I think about it, the more i think it would be a disaster to get a formerly established coach under BA.

Soto

Bench
A mate of Rheed's from their days at the Dogs together. Roomed at the same place.
Why doesnt Reed just get BA to talk to him? Or he himself talk to him.
Also a goal kicker. Played in penrith nsw cup team in 2018. Can play. Would sign him. More versatile than Field. Has done ok with limited first grade time at the Warriors.

eels_fan

First Grade
Clint Gutherson should watch his back. The Parramatta Eels are in shock talks with a tryscoring freak capable of playing just about every position in the backline.

Parramatta is in secret talks with speedster Bevan French to make a shock NRL return next season, and you won’t believe the talk about what position he might slot back into.

French is currently playing with Wigan in the Super League but has been in discussions with his former club.

Canterbury has also been mentioned as a possible destination.

At this point it is unlikely French will end up at the Bulldogs, whose top priority right now is signing Kyle Flanagan.

But Parramatta’s interest is genuine and comes on the back of utility speedster Jai Field’s exit to take up a spot at Wigan.

While French could also potentially fill the role Field played as a back-up for the halves, there is talk in rugby league circles that coach Brad Arthur could have some other bigger plans for French that would shock everyone.

It’s no secret French’s favoured position is fullback.

Given you wouldn’t think French would want to return to play reserve grade, or as back up for starting wingers Maika Sivo and Blake Ferguson, another left field suggestion has been raised.

On the surface it would seem ridiculous to even suggest moving inspirational skipper Clint Gutherson from the No. 1 jumper.

But the idea put forward might not be as far-fetched as it sounds given the drama surrounding Michael Jennings.

It’s no secret Brad Fittler is looking to play Gutherson at centre for NSW in the upcoming State of Origin series.

The talk now is that might have given the Eels something to think about.

With Jennings’ career under a huge cloud after he tested positive to two banned substances, Parramatta has also let go of Brad Takairangi for next season.

French has that sizzling speed of a Ryan Papenhuyzen and at 24 is coming into his best football years.

He has already proven prolific tryscorer, scoring 35 tries in 47 games at Parramatta while crossing for 16 tries in 23 matches at Wigan.

There is going to be huge expectation on Parramatta in 2021 after the backdoor exit from the finals.

All sorts of mad ideas have been thrown up in recent days including a potential player swap between Mitchell Moses and Mitchell Pearce.

But while that has been knocked on the head, the French talks are legitimate and ongoing.

While it is not clear what plan Arthur might have for French, his speed would be well suited to the new rule interpretations.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...i/news-story/25fe2e7eb10fb492920e47fb9a15373c

Personally don’t think moving Gutho is the right move. His support play and try assists will disappear at centre.

All for French replacing Fergo or Sivo though

hindy111

Post Whore
Caught about 10 mins of this game today.
Jake can definitely play...tall kid. Reads the play well. Very keen to see how he progresses

We do seem to follow the Panthers. And this could be the next coach and son combo.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If there is any truth in the French rumour, I'd rather he played on the wing, Gutho's best spot is at FB for mine.

I also read an article from Fox a few days ago (cant find it and didn't believe it) that we were trying to unload Fergo as he is on $500K a year, which is why I didn't believe it. If this was to happen and French replaced him, it would give us some decent cap space.

IFR33K

Coach
If there is any truth in the French rumour, I'd rather he played on the wing, Gutho's best spot is at FB for mine.

I also read an article from Fox a few days ago (cant find it and didn't believe it) that we were trying to unload Fergo as he is on $500K a year, which is why I didn't believe it. If this was to happen and French replaced him, it would give us some decent cap space.

Gutho would be wasted at centre. If he’s not at fullback, his next best position may be 5/8. He may be restricted to one side at centre and limited in his involvement. At 5/8 that could be solved.