What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
The old Storm GF choke is a myth.

2 and 2 the past decade. That’s a good record tbf

This

If you win 50% of your GFs you are doing ok.

For me 2018 is going to hold you guys in good stead as it is mostly the same team from that day. I am expecting a fast start by the Storm.

It’s a probably a good thing for the smug fans if they can bring it home, but the media portrayal of Penrith as some kind of impoverished blue collar/ socially disadvantaged backwater is utter rubbish.

It’s a massive suburban city, rapidly gentrifying, one of the biggest and strongest leagues clubs in the world, that owns a bunch of others. Billions being spent in the area on infrastructure, the modern hospital and all that.

You can get lost in the massive mall and it has countless things to do. Jobs everywhere, a multi campus university etc etc.

It’s still ( barely) affordable for a Sydney region.

There’s the odd estranged feral wandering around looking overwhelmed ( or underwhelmed) but that’s about it.

I think people out here are a bit too busy to worry about their social status. The area is chockers with land owning millionaires who basically want to stay.
Everyone’s lives are out here!

None of my immediate family live out here, I could live elsewhere, but I’m happy as f**king Larry in the Panther Junior Player Catchment.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Storm are 4-3 as the higher ranked team in GFs.

They have only played 2 GFs thus far as the lower ranked team. Both times as the 2nd placed team playing the minor premiers as is the case this week and they are 1-1 in those 2 games.

Nice touch by the NRL for this year's premiership rings - (Following is from: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-nrlw-grand-final-2020-ring-design-tribute-firefighters-health-workers/733345fd-e906-4cf4-b8f4-23f717f403af?ref=BP_RSS_ninesport_0_the-touching-hidden-tribute-in-nrl-premiership-rings_211020)

The touching tribute behind the 2020 NRL and NRLW Premiership rings
By Melanie Dinjaski

This year's NRL Premiership rings will have a heartfelt tribute etched in white gold to recognise what has been an extraordinary 2020.

In Sunday'sNRL grand final and NRLW grand final, the winning teams will be presented the Premiership rings valued at more than $10,000 each.

But after a tumultuous and unprecedented year, the NRL has honoured the efforts of health workers and those who fought the horrendous bushfires earlier this year in an extra special premiership ring design.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F9792a9d7-4920-42bb-aba0-8d08140320cc

The NRL 2020 premiership winners will each get a ring paying tribute to firefighters and health staff. (9News)

Jewellers approached the NRL with a plan to recognise their sacrifices and hard work, culminating in a specially designed motif from Canberra artist Mick Ashley, depicting a fire fighter passing a ball to a nurse.

It was an updated design to Ashley's original artwork released in April which shows a baton being passed with the message 'Hope'.

"It symbolises that changing of the guard between us but it also symbolises that we're all in this together," Fire and Rescue NSW Chief Superintendent Ken Murphy toldNine News Sydney.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fb0df824a-5a1a-4637-a4c4-0fd86ea1124e

The designers of the ring outlined its development. (9News)
The ring also features the support services and animals on the other side of the band, honouring "all the people who do the work in the background, that everyone seems to forget about, but it also symbolises some of the wildlife that were lost during those fires".

"The firefighters have worked so hard all through summer and then it was over to us with the pandemic," ICU nurse at Northern Beaches Hospital Lyndal Keith added.

Affinity Diamonds jeweller Sam Rhami revealed that he was approached by a Penrith Panthers player wanting to see the ring ahead of theirgrand final clash against the Melbourne Storm, but was reminded that it was bad luck and the player rescinded his request.

Rhami said the rings are white gold with two carets of diamonds, with the men's ring also featuring blue sapphires, while the women's ring has red rubies.

"They were colours that our fire chief and ICU nurse picked," Rhami said.

"The only reason the game is on is because of the first-responders.

"It was the right thing to do, to acknowledge the game is only on because of people like Lyndal and Ken."

A replica of the two Premiership rings will also be donated to Australia's emergency departments.

greenBV4

Bench

moffla

Bench
This

If you win 50% of your GFs you are doing ok.

For me 2018 is going to hold you guys in good stead as it is mostly the same team from that day. I am expecting a fast start by the Storm.
Was thinking that too. Will be the experience that was needed to get over the line Sunday IMO

I’ve lost a bet and might be heading to the grand final in my retro donkeys jersey with wooden spoons taped to my back and a temporary Penrith tattoo on my forehead.

I need work approval to travel due to COVID but if they approve, I’m a man of my word so see you all in hell.

I spent hours designing this one for you to match the bedroom ornament;

7D16A7B1-A8A3-457E-BBE6-81DD1F7C9934.jpeg
Give our best wishes to Vonny when she’s buying you a drink.

This Year?

Immortal
I have not seen a single Panthers or Storm flag or jersey around this week. I don't live in either club's area, but it doesn't feel like a grand final week.
Anyone else experiencing this?

I have not seen a single Panthers or Storm flag or jersey around this week. I don't live in either club's area, but it doesn't feel like a grand final week.
Anyone else experiencing this?

No, I haven’t noticed too much outside the Penrith player catchment, but the smug begins to solidify once you hit Blacktown city limits heading west and you definitely know you’re in the land of the f**king willing after rolling through Kingswood.

I think the general populace out here would stomach a saints or tigers jersey ....out of sympathy I guess.

A smug look at you while you keep your eyes focused on the footpath in deep lament and abject shame.

The more generous of the smug might run up to you and offer you a junior but that’s about it.

Don’t take your coach with you though!

Nothing one can do about it.

Last edited:

moffla

Bench

Latest posts