What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Avenger

Immortal
I can tell you, people in Western governments are concerned about unregulated currencies. There's a growing resistance to anonymization technologies.
They can’t stop it mate. Profits from crypto is already taxed and is legislated now under the anti money laundering as terrorism financing act.

Blockchain is the future and Bitcoin will always be the daddy of them all. JP Morgan just invested millions in it. They aren’t stupid.

Eelogical

Referee
Tell it like it is Eelo!

It's true, Gary. Each day should be treasured. Health, family, friends, do you best in your chosen field and being a good person inside. These are the things that matter. If you work hard and benefit from these along the way, then that's a bonus. I'm not a financially rich person but I'm enriched in the ways that matter.

Avenger

Immortal
It's true, Gary. Each day should be treasured. Health, family, friends, do you best in your chosen field and being a good person inside. These are the things that matter. If you work hard and benefit from these along the way, then that's a bonus. I'm not a financially rich person but I'm enriched in the ways that matter.
So am I. You reckon that’s all I do? I’m here communicating with you aren’t I ? How good is it ?

Eelogical

Referee
So am I. You reckon that’s all I do? I’m here communicating with you aren’t I ? How good is it ?
It's actually the first time you've bothered to communicate with me, so can you now find a way of getting me one of those Cartier watches that seem to be so popular with Australia Post? Well, two. The Mrs wants one as well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
An ex colleague of mine died of cancer while I was in Adelaide. He was only 52. First time someone that I know closely who is of a similar-ish age (I’m 10 years younger) has passed away like that.

Life is short. I stopped climbing the corporate ladder a few years ago and now just do work that interests me even if it means moving around the country. Making good money is great, but only if you spend it and enjoy your life.

hindy111

Post Whore
hindy111 pretty much nailed it.
This will be a 24/7 airport which suits Euro/American time zone arrivals/departures far better. It will also be, as h111 said, a major boost for freight transport and will have all the benefits he stated - less road transport on clogged local and arterial roads around Kingsford Smith, as well as having distribution of said cargo distributed from the industrial areas of the Aerotropolis. The airport will also be directly connected to Sydney's motorway system via the new M12, so road freight will be able to be distributed north, south, east and west beyond Sydney without using any local roads.
A new 23 km driverless metro line will connect to St Mary's station so domestic and international travelers will have a decent public transport option to the city.
Certainly, low cost airlines will use this airport. Some high cost airlines have also already committed to using it as a secondary off load point as well.
Remember, Sydney AP was pushing capacity before Covid-19, and has been for years. It's not just landing spots, but gate capacity where Kingsford Smith falls short. It's why Heathrow for example, can land planes every minute, and Sydney can't.
You might want to fly in and out of Mascot because you live 5 minutes away.
There's 2 million people in western Sydney who'd probably rather fly out of Nancy Bird Walton International Airport than travel an hour to Mascot.
Your above comment is both ignorant and snobby.

You are confusing Leppington with Luddenham. And the new airport won't even be at Luddenham.
It's more Badgery's Creek and Bringelly.
And they've been "turning the soil" for over 12 months now. Much progress has been made.
I'd suggest you peruse this document.

https://majorprojects.planningportal.nsw.gov.au/prweb/PRRestService/mp/01/getContent?AttachRef=SSI-10051!20201019T004448.159 GMT

This is worth a watch as well.

As I said. Plenty of people from Parra would be preferring this option. Distance would be more but time with the roads would make it faster and parking would be far cheaper.
If you drew a map of NSW I feel the western Sydney Airport would be easier for a larger amount.
And of course the government will pour money into pushing tourism in retreats at the blue mountains. And who is gearing up? Panthers. Theyve added a heap of rooms. Or are adding. It will make a nice stop over.
I feel this airport has far more potential then Sydney current one which location wise is in an ordinary spot.

Avenger

Immortal
It's actually the first time you've bothered to communicate with me, so can you now find a way of getting me one of those Cartier watches that seem to be so popular with Australia Post? Well, two. The Mrs wants one as well.
Cartier is ok for the ladies. Wouldn’t you want something more masculine for yourself?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They can’t stop it mate. Profits from crypto is already taxed and is legislated now under the anti money laundering as terrorism financing act.

Blockchain is the future and Bitcoin will always be the daddy of them all. JP Morgan just invested millions in it. They aren’t stupid.
It's a decent speccie. Millions is f**k all for JP Morgan.

strider

Post Whore
My Grandmother used to live in Rockdale. I have vivid memories of the family going to visit her and us all having to yell across the table to hear each other over the plane noise.
yeah I have relos near rockdale - banksia, rockdale, bexley cop it duluxe from the east west runway .... I'm another 10ish km along that flight path

Sydenham and Tempe are scary ... i swear it feels like you could almost throw a tennis ball up and hit em

I don't know what housing might be close to the new airport, but if its like Sydenham 24/7 then I feel sorry for those poor buggers

hindy111

Post Whore
An ex colleague of mine died of cancer while I was in Adelaide. He was only 52. First time someone that I know closely who is of a similar-ish age (I’m 10 years younger) has passed away like that.

Life is short. I stopped climbing the corporate ladder a few years ago and now just do work that interests me even if it means moving around the country. Making good money is great, but only if you spend it and enjoy your life.

I am a very very boring person. And I just do not see point of spending money just for sake. I really have no issue giving it all away when I am dead to someone less fortunate who would be able to get a better education etc... I am quite happy to live like a church mice.

Eelogical

Referee
Cartier is ok for the ladies. Wouldn’t you want something more masculine for yourself?
To be honest, I like simple. I wear a Citizen than the mrs gave me 10 years ago as a Christmas present. I only started wearing it this year because I thought it was about time that I got some links taken out of the band. I was also given some fancy-assed watch about 20 years ago as part of an end of year bonus but I gave it to the mrs. It's in a drawer somewhere.

Latest posts