What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Avenger

Immortal
To be honest, I like simple. I wear a Citizen than the mrs gave me 10 years ago as a Christmas present. I only started wearing it this year because I thought it was about time that I got some links taken out of the band. I was also given some fancy-assed watch about 20 years ago as part of an end of year bonus but I gave it to the mrs. It's in a drawer somewhere.
Buy a Seiko. Much more charming. I have 7 of them.

Eelogical

Referee
An ex colleague of mine died of cancer while I was in Adelaide. He was only 52. First time someone that I know closely who is of a similar-ish age (I’m 10 years younger) has passed away like that.

Life is short. I stopped climbing the corporate ladder a few years ago and now just do work that interests me even if it means moving around the country. Making good money is great, but only if you spend it and enjoy your life.
I consider myself luckier than most. I was one of those who did the hard yards and escaped relatively intact. I now think of myself as 'retired' but not in a formal sense. Sorry to hear about your friend.

hindy111

Post Whore
So am I. You reckon that’s all I do? I’m here communicating with you aren’t I ? How good is it ?

You bite to easy.
Keep chasing the golden chalice, f**kers. You're too busy dying without even living.

If you enjoy driving around. Seeing new towns. Eating fine food and consider that livings that is your choice how you chose to see living life.
Some people get more pleasure from the feeling of being needed, others have a thirst for knowledge and some just love work.
I know I have little interest in sitting on a beach drinking alcohol. It feels like a waste of time. I could be using this to develop a new skill

Avenger

Immortal
An ex colleague of mine died of cancer while I was in Adelaide. He was only 52. First time someone that I know closely who is of a similar-ish age (I’m 10 years younger) has passed away like that.

Life is short. I stopped climbing the corporate ladder a few years ago and now just do work that interests me even if it means moving around the country. Making good money is great, but only if you spend it and enjoy your life.
That’s terrible Gaz. It’s a great attitude that you have. Money is there to be spent. As soon as there is a vaccine I’m going overseas.

hindy111

Post Whore
My house is maybe 600m from the train line ... when i moved here i was aprehensive about the aircraft noise ... i soon discovered freight trains can be just as loud and the noise lasts longer ..... but again you eventually get used to it a bit[/QUOTE]

I can help advise you if want a quiet room. Too many people think double glazed is the answer. It isn't. But if ever wanted to have better acoustics I can give tips.

Avenger

Immortal
You bite to easy.

If you enjoy driving around. Seeing new towns. Eating fine food and consider that livings that is your choice how you chose to see living life.
Some people get more pleasure from the feeling of being needed, others have a thirst for knowledge and some just love work.
I know I have little interest in sitting on a beach drinking alcohol. It feels like a waste of time. I could be using this to develop a new skill
I do bite easy and if I’m moody I could literally kill you but later cry the most at your funeral.

hindy111

Post Whore
That’s terrible Gaz. It’s a great attitude that you have. Money is there to be spent. As soon as there is a vaccine I’m going overseas.

Or maybe it is there to try and help others who don't have it or unable to get it as easily?

Latest posts