What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tristan Sailor

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Rising NRL star Tristan Sailor, 22, is accused of DRUGGING a woman, 24, during drinks in Bondi before violently raping her at her home - as his text messages to her the next day are revealed
  • St George Illawarra star Tristan Sailor charged with aggravated sexual assault
  • Sailor, 22, was arrested in Wollongong on Saturday over the alleged incident
  • He was granted strict conditional bail on Wollongong Court on Sunday
  • His barrister argued the woman could have been drugged by 'dozens of people'
  • The NRL have since stood the young star down under their no-fault policy
By ALANA MAZZONI FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA and AAP

PUBLISHED: 12:30 AEDT, 11 October 2020 | UPDATED: 12:53 AEDT, 11 October 2020

Rising NRL star Tristan Sailor has been accused of drugging a 24-year-old woman at Bondi's Beach Road Hotel before raping her at her house in what police have described as a 'planned and predatory' incident.

The 22-year-old, who is the son of NRL legend Wendell Sailor, was charged with aggravated sexual assault following the alleged incident last weekend.

Sailor, who is set to be released by St George Illawarra at the end of the season, was arrested in Wollongong on Saturday.

Wollongong Court on Sunday heard the alleged victim was unknowingly administered a 'sedative'.

34243052-8827461-Rising_NRL_star_Tristan_Sailor_has_been_accused_of_drugging_a_24-a-1_1602378327843.jpg

+10
Rising NRL star Tristan Sailor has been accused of drugging a 24-year-old woman at Bondi's Beach Road Hotel before raping her at a house

34243166-8827461-image-a-14_1602379289621.jpg

+10
Sailor, who is set to be released by St George Illawarra at the end of the season, was arrested in Wollongong on Saturday. Pictured with his mother Tara leaving court on Sunday

The NRL have since stood the young star down under their no-fault policy, invoked last year after the game's summer from hell. Pictured with his wife Tara leaving court on Sunday

34243514-8827461-image-m-20_1602379742499.jpg

The court heard the woman texted Sailor the next morning asking if they had sex

The court heard the woman texted Sailor the next morning asking if they had sex.

'What happened last night?' the woman messaged the day after the alleged incident, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.

'Sorry I had to go, how are you feeling today?' Mr Sailor responded.

'Tristan I don't remember anything after the Uber to mine, need to know for peace of mind, what happened - did we have sex?' she allegedly replied.

'Sorry I was out. We were playing drinking games and yes we did have sex I asked you and [victim's friend] so everything was sweet. I pulled out and everything so it was sweet,' he allegedly wrote back.

Sailor's barrister Richard Pontello SC argued the text exchange proved his client's innocence.

Police allege the sedative was found in the woman's blood stream, and she denies ever knowingly taking the substance.
Mr Pontello argued the woman could have been drugged by 'dozens of people' given she was drinking at the busy Beach Road Hotel prior to going home with Sailor.

Sailor was released on strict conditional bail.

His mother Tara walked him out of court into a waiting media pack, before the pair were picked up by Wendell Sailor in a black car.

'Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted the woman, during which she sustained injuries, at a home in Sydney's south last Saturday,' police said in a statement.

The NRL have since stood the young star down under their no-fault policy, invoked last year after the game's summer from hell.

It means even if he attracts the interest of another club, he won't be able to return to the field until his court case is complete.

His mother Tara walked him out of court into a waiting media pack, before the pair were picked up by Wendell Sailor in a black car

Wollongong Court on Sunday heard the alleged victim was unknowingly administered a 'sedative,' with police describing the alleged incident as 'predatory and planned'. Pictured with his mother Tara leaving court on Sunday

34243882-8827461-image-a-27_1602380327161.jpg

The 22-year-old playmaker (front), who is the son of Wendell Sailor (centre back), remains part of the Dragons club until his contract expires on October 31

'The game has the strongest stance in Australian sport on these matters,' chief executive Andrew Abdo said.

'The no-fault stand down rule ensures the automatic stand down of a player on a no-fault basis when they are charged with a serious criminal offence.

'The player is not contracted to play in the NRL next season and will not be permitted to play while he remains subject to serious criminal charges.'

'The club is taking the matter very seriously and will continue to work with Tristan and all relevant authorities,' the Dragons said in a statement.

'While Tristan won't be at the Dragons in 2021, the club will continue to provide any necessary welfare support as he comes to terms with the matter.'

Sailor has had five games at the Dragons since making his debut in late 2019 before being told last month he would not be re-signed.

Sailior's barrister argued the woman could have been drugged by 'dozens of people' given she was drinking at the busy Beach Road Hotel prior to going home with the football star

Sailor was granted strict conditional bail on Wollongong Court on Sunday

A former Queensland under-20s player, he was expected to attract plenty of interest from clubs once further details of next year's salary cap and roster numbers were finalised.

The 22-year-old playmaker remains part of the Dragons club until his contract expires on October 31.

His arrest came on a chaotic day for the NRL.

Parramatta centre Michael Jennings had earlier been stood down for returning a positive test to performance-enhancing drugs, just hours before the Eels' semi-final against South Sydney.

Jennings denies the allegations.

It also comes just weeks before fellow Dragons player Jack de Belin is set to defend aggravated sexual assault charges levelled against him in a Wollongong court.

Read more:
Share or comment on this article:
NRL star Tristan Sailor allegedly drugged and raped woman after Bondi drinks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...legedly-drugged-raped-woman-Bondi-drinks.html
What a mess

_Johnsy

Referee
Thanks for posting this here in a forum of general wisdom and tolerance.

But I can’t believe he didn’t get Police Bail.

Pork Chops on duty that night. :slight_smile:
If you have NFI what due process in that scenario is, and your passing judgement without the necessary knowledge.
Edited
FYI With many serious offence involving violence, sex or firearms the person must show cause to the judicial system (ie the courts) not the police, why bail should be granted.

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors
Sailor will have his time in court. Like I. Any such case, I hope the truth comes out one way or another.

just glad we dodged a bullet. Imagine if we had signed him for 2-3yrs? It would have been more wasted cash.

Gareth67

First Grade
That's some interesting copy and pasting of the original article. Where did you get that from Gareth?

Willow I ‘ googled ‘ the article or should I say Bumper Farrell - one of N.S.W. ‘s nicest police officers . Never a bad word spoken against him :relaxed: . Thought that it might cheer up Blue Bags .

As you can see a bit an insight as to just how tough the game was in those days , not to mention the players themselves - none of this mollycoddling that occurs in today’s game .

The loose head was worth fighting for in those days; bit different to the scrums today.

Yes Inisai - tooth , nail and boots , not to mention the occasional headlock while being buffaloed into the rock hard surface of the ground .

Newtown had Brian Moore in the 60’s who was also a police officer - quite a good center who was only kept out of the Australian teams because of an absolute glut of other top line centers that were available in those years . I believe that he did finally win a spot in the Kangaroos later in his career .

Big Bill Hamilton ( Sea Eagles ) was another in the force , very pleased to see him finally win a premiership .

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Willow I ‘ googled ‘ the article or should I say Bumper Farrell - one of N.S.W. ‘s nicest police officers . Never a bad word spoken against him :relaxed: . Thought that it might cheer up Blue Bags .

As you can see a bit an insight as to just how tough the game was in those days , not to mention the players themselves - none of this mollycoddling that occurs in today’s game .

Yes Inisai - tooth , nail and boots , not to mention the occasional headlock while being buffaloed into the rock hard surface of the ground .

Newtown had Brian Moore in the 60’s who was also a police officer - quite a good center who was only kept out of the Australian teams because of an absolute glut of other top line centers that were available in those years . I believe that he did finally win a spot in the Kangaroos later in his career .

Big Bill Hamilton ( Sea Eagles ) was another in the force , very pleased to see him finally win a premiership .
Yes mate, a couple of good ones; Johnny Raper was also in the force for a while as well.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

The only reason I asked is because I originally scanned that from the Daily Mirror 17 ago and put it online at Jubilee Avenue's Since 1921 - Our Proud History. I've seen it reappear a few times since. I'm guessing your cropped version came from @Quigs great website Era of the Biff. The full page is here: http://jubileeavenue.com.au/history/history_news1945.php

I certainly do know about Frank 'Bumper' Farrell. He is a bit of a legend here in LU, for mischievous reasons.

The biting incident was highly controversial. It was a subject of much debate in late 40s and still gets talked about to this day, possibly in part due to the graphic Daily Mirror report. I was fascinated when I first heard about it when I was a kid. I thought Bumper got off lightly but one of my school mates (Newtown supporter) insisted that Bumper was framed by St George. And this argument was happening 20-30 years after the incident took place. So when I saw a copy of the Daily Mirror article in 2003, I scanned it straight away.

I also have the book by Larry Writer entitled, Bumper. There's a chapter devoted to the biting incident.

Gareth67

First Grade
The only reason I asked is because I originally scanned that from the Daily Mirror 17 ago and put it online at Jubilee Avenue's Since 1921 - Our Proud History. I've seen it reappear a few times since. I'm guessing your cropped version came from @Quigs great website Era of the Biff. The full page is here: http://jubileeavenue.com.au/history/history_news1945.php

I certainly do know about Frank 'Bumper' Farrell. He is a bit of a legend here in LU, for mischievous reasons.

The biting incident was highly controversial. It was a subject of much debate in late 40s and still gets talked about to this day, possibly in part due the graphic Daily Mirror report. I was fascinated when I first heard about it when I was a kid. I thought Bumper got off lightly while one of my school mates (Newtown supporter) insisted that Bumper was framed by St George. And this argument was happening 20-30 years after the incident took place. So when I saw a copy of the Daily Mirror article in 2003, I scanned it straight away.

I also have the book by Larry Writer entitled, Bumper. There's a chapter devoted to the biting incident.

No mate , I typed in - ARL player Bumper Farrell and then immediately went to images and scrolled down the pics until I came across that particular image . Press the image until the icon - add to photos appeared and bingo ! - into the iPad camera album .

I just realized , an iPad is what I use , I have no computer .

By the way , thanks for the link I shall look at it a bit later .