What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugaB

Coach
It was always going to be hard, but we didn’t make enough effort to keep him. The plans for him this year were poor, he should’ve been playing more footy.
Maybe he woulda been in the centres already if sauce was reserve grade this year already, with naden on the wing, maybe we'd of kept him, or atleast won the GF

Because you want to only look at us.

They lost Tino

Vunivalu

Have no idea if their captain is coming back. As a result what is doing with Grant and Brandon Smith

The CEO is going to Broncs

Bellamy is not going to coach after this season

So I'd say they are in a worse position

They lost Vunivalu long before the off season, and the Smith thing is him just weighing up retirement.

I was specifically referring off season recruitment & retention. Not back office stuff.

Fangs

Coach
A few things need to get sorted. We cant release Laurie and Burton as well as Naden and Mansour. Laurie and Burton can show up to training and wait till we sort out our roster before we consider releasing them IMO.

Normally we'd have reserve grade and know who is next in line. There is always someone ready to step in.

We are a bit thin in the halves now. We need a reliable back up.

betcats

Referee
It was always going to be hard, but we didn’t make enough effort to keep him. The plans for him this year were poor, he should’ve been playing more footy.

Yeah well I argued that all along but the teams we picked won 20 in a row so we didnt really do anything wrong did we? I think everyone can see its just bad timing for us. Luai and Cleary had an awesome year and they are both young. You seem to try and potray almost everything as bad management. The kid got a big offer to to play his natural position and he took it, there is nothing we could do about that other than shaft Luai which obviously they are not going to do.

Fangs

Coach
They have some good halves if they want to swap

One of them will do. Someone who can step in for injuries or rep season. Cleary and Luai will both be selected for rep duties in 2021. Without Burton we have a gaping hole there.

As Herbert mentioned Benji Marshall would be a fantastic pick up.

Sime_11

Juniors
May would be the 1st backup now? Also gives Kenny more of a chance to make the bench should Luai or Clez go down injured

franklin2323

Immortal
They lost Vunivalu long before the off season, and the Smith thing is him just weighing up retirement.

I was specifically referring off season recruitment & retention. Not back office stuff.

You don't think not having a coach for 2022 is more of a concern?

JAC
Hughes
Finucane
Lee

Possibly no Grant

all not signed beyond this year. 4 rep players there alone

franklin2323

Immortal
One of them will do. Someone who can step in for injuries or rep season. Cleary and Luai will both be selected for rep duties in 2021. Without Burton we have a gaping hole there.

Would Benji play NSW Cup though? That is the part Burton will be missed for should a half go down

Yeah well I argued that all along but the teams we picked won 20 in a row so we didnt really do anything wrong did we? I think everyone can see its just bad timing for us. Luai and Cleary had an awesome year and they are both young. You seem to try and potray almost everything as bad management. The kid got a big offer to to play his natural position and he took it, there is nothing we could do about that other than shaft Luai which obviously they are not going to do.

Not doing anything wrong isn’t the same as we could’ve done things better to plan for 2021. Take Mansour, they obviously knew he wasn’t in their 2021 plans, why not rest him and try a different backline for a game or two? It’s hardly going to upset the whole balance of the team.

And I don’t try to portray everything as bad management, I was realistic through this whole thing that it was a big pull him playing his preferred position. I’m just focusing on what the club could’ve done better. Doesn’t mean it would’ve guaranteed his signature, but yes I think they could’ve managed things better.

betcats

Referee
Normally we'd have reserve grade and know who is next in line. There is always someone ready to step in.

We are a bit thin in the halves now. We need a reliable back up.

May can definitely be the back half imo but yeah we need another talented prospect or just an experienced journeymen or maybe both for our halves depth.

Fangs

Coach
Would Benji play NSW Cup though? That is the part Burton will be missed for should a half go down

He did at Brisbane and the Tigers. I think he may have even said it publicly as well.

Professional player with stacks of experience. Most think he is past it but I still think he has something to offer. At the very least him player 5-10 games in 2021 will be invaluable. Especially during the Origin period which is always a handbrake for most clubs.

GongPanther

Referee

Marshall was ineffective this season. And unless he plays for next to nothing, we can't free up funds for someone taking up valuable cap space.

betcats

Referee
Not doing anything wrong isn’t the same as we could’ve done things better to plan for 2021. Take Mansour, they obviously knew he wasn’t in their 2021 plans, why not rest him and try a different backline for a game or two? It’s hardly going to upset the whole balance of the team.

And I don’t try to portray everything as bad management, I was realistic through this whole thing that it was a big pull him playing his preferred position. I’m just focusing on what the club could’ve done better. Doesn’t mean it would’ve guaranteed his signature, but yes I think they could’ve managed things better.

If he wanted to play in the halves there was nothing we could've done. Telling him "we'll move you to fullback" would not of helped with Edwards in front of him and Staines and possibly Cricton wanting that spot at some point. We could've played him off the bench or thrown a couple more games his way in the centres none of which would've helped us keep him if he is looking to play in the halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts