What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Canberra star locked up for police punch up

nick87

Coach
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...p/news-story/ce2bb34f9a979c1dd07661f095f7ebdc

So police are claiming he tried to grab an officers gun so they punched him repeatedly in the face.

I smell another big compo payout coming.

The post got deleted last night (and fair enough since i didnt source the report) but i said last night that something about that doesnt smell right to me

I mean if he did reach for the gun, wooof.... but why would he? There is no logical reason for him to reach for the cops gun even if he's in an all in brawl, and less so if his story is true and he was there just to try to break up a fight involving his brother.
This is not passing the sniff test at all imo

Generalzod

Immortal
The post got deleted last night (and fair enough since i didnt source the report) but i said last night that something about that doesnt smell right to me

I mean if he did reach for the gun, wooof.... but why would he? There is no logical reason for him to reach for the cops gun even if he's in an all in brawl, and less so if his story is true and he was there just to try to break up a fight involving his brother.
This is not passing the sniff test at all imo

Was he under the influence of alcohol?, makes you do stupid things...

nick87

Coach
Was he under the influence of alcohol?, makes you do stupid things...

I've seen many, many drunk people involved in many many fights where cops are involved...
Never once have i seen someone reach for the cops gun, its just not really something i think people think about even doing, drunk or not... it is something that a cop could say happened if he jacked up someone without any real reason...

If Starling was drunk, got involved in a violent brawl and then attempted to get a police officers gun, then he'll get exactly what he deserves. But as said, that is hard to me to make sense of

Generalzod

Immortal
I've seen many, many drunk people involved in many many fights where cops are involved...
Never once have i seen someone reach for the cops gun, its just not really something i think people think about even doing, drunk or not... it is something that a cop could say happened if he jacked up someone without any real reason...

If Starling was drunk, got involved in a violent brawl and then attempted to get a police officers gun, then he'll get exactly what he deserves. But as said, that is hard to me to make sense of
You know nick being young and peer pressure plays in these kinds of circumstances.

BadnMean

Juniors
The cynic in me sees a similar pattern to the Scott case when the police stuffed up big time, acted like thugs & then invented a bunch of bulldust charges and claims to try and cover their asses. In that case a "a police source" also leaked a bunch of really bad sounding lies early on to win PR support & build pressure on the victim- remember when that terrible NRL player had assaulted a lady policeman in the Scott case... same pattern.

I just don't buy that Starling grabbed a cops gun while out for Sunday lunch with his mum.

Maybe a cop remembers Starling's arm grabbing around their waist for balance while they tried to throw him to the ground or something & they think that'll hold up on camera.

I'm skeptical.

betcats

Referee

Trying real hard to make some minor scratches and dried blood look like something there.

The brawl was actually at night, I definitely saw the cops there at 2pm so I don’t know if that was just the standard checks bars get or something else.

The story about someone insulting his mum and his brother taking offence and things escalating from there sounds very central coast to me, there’s plenty of meatheads around mouthing off, I know of a group of shit merkins that were there that night celebrating a birthday and they would definitely be the types to do that.

betcats

Referee
The cynic in me sees a similar pattern to the Scott case when the police stuffed up big time, acted like thugs & then invented a bunch of bulldust charges and claims to try and cover their asses. In that case a "a police source" also leaked a bunch of really bad sounding lies early on to win PR support & build pressure on the victim- remember when that terrible NRL player had assaulted a lady policeman in the Scott case... same pattern.

I just don't buy that Starling grabbed a cops gun while out for Sunday lunch with his mum.

Maybe a cop remembers Starling's arm grabbing around their waist for balance while they tried to throw him to the ground or something & they think that'll hold up on camera.

I'm skeptical.

I doubt anyone thinks he actually was trying to pull the gun but the thing is if there was any kind of action from Starling that slightly resembles him reaching or having an arm out towards the cops belt then the cop is going to use it to justify force(punching him) especially if there witnesses or footage of the cop punching him. They need a reason, I’ve seen this reaching for the gun thing used before.

Latest posts