What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

It’s a new year, new look team.
Make the 8 or get the f**k out of here. Simple.

Your New Years resolution (kindness) didn’t last too long lol!

The old @stryker rears his head. 2 weeks or so of the new man and it’s all over. I knew it was too good to be true.

At least you can try to be a bit kinder to your hardworking staff this year. A small pay rise perhaps, maybe a few extra days paid holidays? Dig deep!

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Your New Years resolution (kindness) didn’t last too long lol!

The old @stryker rears his head. 2 weeks or so of the new man and it’s all over. I knew it was too good to be true.

At least you can try to be a bit kinder to your hardworking staff this year. A small pay rise perhaps, maybe a few extra days paid holidays? Dig deep!
Mate they live and work in FNQ.
They are happy.

Twal looks like he’s been to the gym?

View attachment 45139

Yep.

BJ was also looking pretty cut before Xmas, Aussie Jim has barely a break physically, the jet looks chunky as was noted. That’s just a few.

We seem to have this Frankenstein thing going on.

Big bodies in motion theory.

Madge brought a lot of new faces behind the scenes this year, but it takes a while to build solid mass.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep.

BJ was also looking pretty cut before Xmas, Aussie Jim has barely a break physically, the jet looks chunky as was noted. That’s just a few.

We seem to have this Frankenstein thing going on.

Big bodies in motion theory.

Madge brought a lot of new faces behind the scenes this year, but it takes a while to build solid mass.
Got a feeling our forwards are going to cause a lot of pain to all sides this year.

Bring it on.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Haha you optimists will have it shattered by the second set of defence in our first trial when mmmbop misses a tackle by getting no one and some bloke who’s playing for a contract scores a hat trick.

Has anyone heard anything, anything, about signing someone to fix our spine woes? Gees this is a long preseason and looking like a very long season.

Has anyone heard anything, anything, about signing someone to fix our spine woes? Gees this is a long preseason and looking like a very long season.

So far as I can tell, we just don’t do quick fixes or panic buying anymore.

Given the duration of recent fresh signings, I think we are working to a broad blueprint for the next two or three seasons as much as 2021.

Especially so now that Madge has some contractual breathing space, the opportunity to build.

There’s other sites that list the tidal wave of talent flooding into the market for 2022 and beyond and we will need some funds and flexibility to have a credit card that won’t bounce in what will be a clearance sale of talent.

Tigerm

First Grade
Still got some time, but the 3 spots left it is looking a bit bear, I guess we will keep one for Laurie, the rumour is Fitzgibbon will get one, leaves us with one to get?

I’m sure they’re working on it but we have a pocket full of money and no where to spend it atm:joy:

Last edited:
So who do you think we will be battling with for the spoon? Saints, Broncos and Cronulla look close, but they at least have some guns between them. I can’t see any of our team that would make it into many other sides. Some people here think we can get into the 8. It must be nice living in their reality!

Tigerm

First Grade
So who do you think we will be battling with for the spoon? Saints, Broncos and Cronulla look close, but they at least have some guns between them. I can’t see any of our team that would make it into many other sides. Some people here think we can get into the 8. It must be nice living in their reality!
It’s hard to battle for the spoon when you are in the top end of the comp, but feel free to live in your sad dreams, but I think we have brought well and still have a few to come (whoever they may be) I don’t think top 8 is unrealistic at all.

But we will all know come September.

Wizardman

First Grade
I think we have done way more right than wrong this off season. In saying that, we are still short of what is needed to be a top eight contender. We'll need to play our absolute asses off and get some luck to make the eight. This year looks to be a good building year though.

It’s hard to battle for the spoon when you are in the top end of the comp, but feel free to live in your sad dreams, but I think we have brought well and still have a few to come (whoever they may be) I don’t think top 8 is unrealistic at all.

But we will all know come September.
Seriously? Have a look at the team lists and make a comparison. I your world, which 8 teams do you think will finish beneath us? We are always punching above our weight but gees it’s going to be tough this year.

macnaz

Staff member
Fullback i believe is our weakest link at this stage , we look likely to have only Moses Imbo for the role which doesnt exactly excite me .
I have faith in the rest of our spine , particularly Liddle , if the poor bloke can get a good run of footy he will be one of the best hookers in the comp.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mbye can play at times but I have no confidence in him as well. I'd have that as our no 1 priority but my impression from reading an insider on the other forum is that the club trusts Mbye to do the job this year and Laurie next year.

They sounded like they wanted a lock forward which would be great. I don't understand why Blore wouldn't fit into that role though. He looks to be being groomed for an edge backrow spot but he was smashing dudes up the middle and he has never looked like a quick edge backrower.

Tigerm

First Grade
Seriously? Have a look at the team lists and make a comparison. I your world, which 8 teams do you think will finish beneath us? We are always punching above our weight but gees it’s going to be tough this year.
The season hasn't started yet and you are talking about the unknown. Relax.

Tigerm

First Grade
PLAYER CONTRACT
Shawn Blore 2021 2022 2023
Luke Brooks 2021 2022 2023
Michael Chee Kam 2021
Zac Cini 2021
Adam Doueihi 2021 2022 2023
Luke Garner 2021 2022
Asu Kepaoa 2021 2022 2023
Daine Laurie 2022 2023
Joey Leilua 2021 2022 (CO)