What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

stryker

First Grade
I think we have done way more right than wrong this off season. In saying that, we are still short of what is needed to be a top eight contender. We'll need to play our absolute asses off and get some luck to make the eight. This year looks to be a good building year though.

Nope, no more building/rebuilding years, we have had a decade of them.
Make the 8 or f**k off. That goes for the CEO down to the ballboys.

The season hasn't started yet and you are talking about the unknown. Relax.
Who are 8 teams that will finish beneath us? I’m a realist! Until we start signing a gun we have little hope. If there is a major injury in specific positions then we really are stuffed. Our depth is poor as well -particularly in FB.

WA Tiger

Bench
Who are 8 teams that will finish beneath us? I’m a realist! Until we start signing a gun we have little hope. If there is a major injury in specific positions then we really are stuffed. Our depth is poor as well -particularly in FB.
And WHOSE fault is it that we have a shit 7(and don’t tell me there’s been no better half on the market) and as u mentioned esp a shit 1 and 9(not so much)? Although Korasau became available just before Liddle was resigned..Not a murmur...despite opportunity’s to plug those spots with better players and y are we completely ignorant of weather we have an effective 6 despite AD having been at the WT for a year. Can we blame SOMEONE from outside the club perhaps?

And how did we manage to go out of our way to avoid having the 2 fastest players on the planet at the west tigers,(how would that have looked promotions wise) when both wanted to be here.

Make a grown man cry.

Last edited:
And WHOSE fault is it that we have a shit 7(and don’t tell me there’s no half better than Brookes that hasn’t been available.More likely there’s no half worse than Brooks) 1, and 9 ?...despite opportunity’s to plug those spots with better players (and completely ignorant of weather we have an effective 6 despite AD having been at the WT for a year). SOMEONE from outside the club?
Our biggest issue is not who we have, it’s that we can’t seem to sign anyone. We are linked to everyone, we have so much money, yet nobody wants to come. We are going to have to pay overs just to get a gun to sign to stop the rot. Alas, there appears nobody of note available this year.

WA Tiger

Bench
Our biggest issue is not who we have, it’s that we can’t seem to sign anyone. We are linked to everyone, we have so much money, yet nobody wants to come. We are going to have to pay overs just to get a gun to sign to stop the rot. Alas, there appears nobody of note available this year.
We could easily have signed JAC with a little less arrogance we could easily have signed Mansour with a extra year and we prob could have signed Korasau just before Liddle was resigned ( or at least tried) Players want to come here the current mob are clueless on how or when to do it and the importance of getting it done. That’s why there’s no players of note here..The spine is top priority How hard is that for the club to understand

Tigerm

First Grade
And WHOSE fault is it that we have a shit 7(and don’t tell me there’s been no better half on the market) and as u mentioned esp a shit 1 and 9(not so much)? Although Korasau became available just before Liddle was resigned..Not a murmur...despite opportunity’s to plug those spots with better players and y are we completely ignorant of weather we have an effective 6 despite AD having been at the WT for a year. Can we blame SOMEONE from outside the club perhaps?

And how did we manage to go out of our way to avoid having the 2 fastest players on the planet at the west tigers,(how would that have looked promotions wise) when both wanted to be here.

Make a grown man cry.
Who are the two fastest players on the planet, we avoided?

Who are the players that the club wanted and missed?

We withdrew our offer to JAC, because of his management, not because of any uninterest.

WA Tiger

Bench
JAC and The Jet (James Roberts)are the two fastest league players on the planet.
Your not aware of the players we have attempted to get and missed? Mitchell, JAC, Smith, Mansaur etc
“We withdrew our offer” means they withdrew theirs or lost interest first ...meaning we just got too complicated,difficult and inflexible ..Us and Parra are well known for this amongst player managers

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We are going to have to pay overs just to get a gun
Correct like Fifita’s $1.35 m/ year deal at the Titans. Now that’s leadership. You won’t find many at the Titans complaining either. But because of the disaster courtship with Mitchel who was never going to WT we refuse to even contemplate paying overs now. Because WT think they can negotiate like a top 4 status / destination club? Hence Mbye at fullback instead of JAC. That’s the bumbling one extreme to the other panic buying /retention stuff ups we can’t seem to shake off even since Ivan...We haven't just ended up with a shit spine etc from bad luck. People or a person responsible has/ have made dumb decisions and likely will continue to make these dumb decisions unless he/they are removed.
For me An absence of rot at head office has been far from confirmed.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
You can’t make players sign with us and at present we are not a popular choice with the majority so called elite players, but that can change in a flash and I think it will. The squad we have put together for this year probably needs a top notch full back anda top notch back rower to be a serious contender but things are looking good for the years after. Success is the key, and with success the club will become a sought after location

Tigerm

First Grade
JAC and The Jet (James Roberts)are the two fastest league players on the planet.
Your not aware of the players we have attempted to get and missed? Mitchell, JAC, Smith, Mansaur etc
“We withdrew our offer” means they withdrew theirs or lost interest first ...meaning we just got too complicated,difficult and inflexible ..Us and Parra are well known for this amongst player managers
I am aware we withdrew our offers to both LM & JAC, you can say that anyway you like.
Who is Smith? Are you referring to Brandon Smith from Melbourne? I am not aware that any decision has been made. I believe he has family in SEQ, so he may wish to head home? Though they were talking to him and McInnes from the Dragons, not sure what happened there though.
Also Mansour (not Mansaur, seeing you're fond of spelling), did the club ever say they were chasing him? I thought he would have been OK tbh, but not sure we actually made an offer though? Maybe we did, to encourage Nofo to sign, which he did.

BTW, talking to someone is not actually offering them anything and we are now looking at Stephen Crichton from Penrith, perhaps a better prospect than Mansour anyway, but what ever, I am prepared to trust the club recruitment process.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Correct like Fifita’s $1.35 m/ year deal at the Titans. Now that’s leadership. You won’t find many at the Titans complaining either. But because of the disaster courtship with Mitchel who was never going to WT we refuse to even contemplate paying overs now. Because WT think they can negotiate like a top 4 status / destination club? Hence Mbye at fullback instead of JAC. That’s the bumbling one extreme to the other panic buying /retention stuff ups we can’t seem to shake off even since Ivan...We haven't just ended up with a shit spine etc from bad luck. People or a person responsible has/ have made dumb decisions and likely will continue to make these dumb decisions unless he/they are removed.
For me An absence of rot at head office has been far from confirmed.
I think our days of paying overs, are over.
I wanted JAC here as well, but lets be fair, he is not a FB, so we really don't know how he would of went?

Tigerm

First Grade
remote.axd

At least they are looking fit and happy.

Fresh rumours of Laurie getting an early release. Also Saints trying to get Brisbane Macca released immediately -offering a 3 year contract. Does this mean McInnes will drinking his morning coffee at Concorde this year?

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
1. Laurie
2. Nofo
3. The jet
4. Bj
5. Talau
6. Ad
7. Brooks
8. Tahmou
9. Liddell
10 offengoue
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Twal

14. Simpkin
15. Blore
16. Musgrove
17. Stefano

18. Mekeali
19. Momo
20. Packer
21. Aj
22. Mbye
23. Sayfarth
Should be a top 8 team in 2021 my prediction we will finish 6th

1. Laurie
2. Nofo
3. The jet
4. Bj
5. Talau
6. Ad
7. Brooks
8. Tahmou
9. Liddell
10 offengoue
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Twal

14. Simpkin
15. Blore
16. Musgrove
17. Stefano

18. Mekeali
19. Momo
20. Packer
21. Aj
22. Mbye
23. Sayfarth
Should be a top 8 team in 2021 my prediction we will finish 6th
If we don’t have a forward who can play in the centres then Mbye needs to be 14.