What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think what I find the most fascinating is the total desperation, as though Burton is the Golden ticket.

Ya don't need a strong forward pack, a great hooker.......we just must have Burton.......It's like small children when told no they can't have chocolate.......

Amazing.

betcats

Referee
so Warrington Wolves have released Leilani Latu...

not gonna lie - id get excited like a kid on Xmas day if we're bringing him home :)

make it happen !!!!

I always liked him but I just googled him and his stint over there is being described as "disastrous". The coach told the media after he missed the first four games something like "Until he shows me his fitness has improved he wont be involved". Thats not good.

The_Frog

First Grade
Latu is very lazy. There were a couple of incidents during his time here. He missed a few training sessions and coasted at times.
Very skillful for a big man but doesn't do the hard yards. Not the kind you want around young players.
I think he has run his race.
Damn shame. He and Bryce were shining lights here five years ago, and now Latu is washed up and Bryce is on minimum wage and at the last chance cafe.

panthersam

Juniors
so Warrington Wolves have released Leilani Latu...

not gonna lie - id get excited like a kid on Xmas day if we're bringing him home :)

make it happen !!!!

Yeah it’s a big yikes no thanks for me on that one, the guy couldn’t put enough effort in to make a horrendous Titans team - standards at our club have gone through the roof since he was last here and by all reports (including Blades below) he would quickly be found out and left behind.

Blade23

Juniors
Surely Vlandys is watching developments carefully. This signing up players while they have 12 months remaining is truly sucky for all concerned. It used to be June 30 but they were worried about performance being affected in mid-season, but this is much worse.

Nearly every player that signs with another club 12 months before their current deal ends is always subject to an early release. It is joke.

The signing period is a difficult one. One big problem with having it later is that rugby Union can sign NRL players before NRL clubs can even talk to them. If we were in a position like the AFL is, where players had nowhere else to go, it could be a lot more tightly managed.

betcats

Referee
We just need depth to fill out the roster and create competition for the bench. If they were willing to pay a % for his contract it'd be very beneficial overall.

Yeah but if we get Napa for this year I think he actually improves the top 17 playing off the bench and we dont have to commit to him beyond this year. Ogden is just going to slot in behind eisenhuth id say. Maybe Ogden and Wakeham, id be pretty happy with that. But just Ogden? I think we can get them to give up more or just hold onto Burton.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yeah but if we get Napa for this year I think he actually improves the top 17 playing off the bench and we dont have to commit to him beyond this year. Ogden is just going to slot in behind eisenhuth id say. Maybe Ogden and Wakeham, id be pretty happy with that. But just Ogden? I think we can get them to give up more or just hold onto Burton.

I think you're absolutely right. Thing is I don't think we get Napa. They'll never give up a rookie for an origin rep. The Ogden/Wakeham or even Lewis would be more realistic.

Latest posts