What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

betcats

Referee
HM and SG ball highlights from the weekend are up on panthers twitter. Ryley Smith looks very good as does Mason and the SG ball fullback Cody Lawson looked the biggest and fastest kid on the field.

WestyLife

First Grade
HM and SG ball highlights from the weekend are up on panthers twitter. Ryley Smith looks very good as does Mason and the SG ball fullback Cody Lawson looked the biggest and fastest kid on the field.

Don't know the names but the hooker in the blue headgear looked really good in the highlights.

betcats

Referee
Staines will score plenty regardless of his centre, his speed will have Cleary and others looking for him all the time. Staines and his centre should have Martin/Capewell there inside them most of the time both are Capewell of coming up with linebreaks and creating chances.

Edit: I'd love to see Staines drifting into the middle and catching offloads or hitting holes, he is so small and fast I feel like he could just slide through the defence lol.

Fangs

Coach
He had Naden in that Sharks game.

Yeah but that was the game from hell. If Staines plays like that every week he will be the Don Bradman of rugby league.

Momorovski isn't a world beater but has shown more of a willingness to pass the ball than Naden. I think he will be better for Charles.

panthersam

Juniors
Staines will score plenty regardless of his centre, his speed will have Cleary and others looking for him all the time. Staines and his centre should have Martin/Capewell there inside them most of the time both are Capewell of coming up with linebreaks and creating chances.

Edit: I'd love to see Staines drifting into the middle and catching offloads or hitting holes, he is so small and fast I feel like he could just slide through the defence lol.

In the article posted on NRL.com over the last few days on Charlie even he mentions drifting into the middle at the beginning of the sets because he is a natural fullback so I think we may actually see quite a bit of that this season!

betcats

Referee
No writing off here. I love Naden.

If he starts over Momorovski round 1 then you'll know he had a great pre-season and deserves his spot.

He is definitely looking fitter than last season, got himself a missus by the looks of his instagram so hopefully she has him whipped. I'd be happy for him to win the spot also, that being said I am interested to see how a Momorovski/Staines pairing would go.

Fangs

Coach
He is definitely looking fitter than last season, got himself a missus by the looks of his instagram so hopefully she has him whipped. I'd be happy for him to win the spot also, that being said I am interested to see how a Momorovski/Staines pairing would go.

His 2020 pre-season, end of 2020 performances and the arrival of Momorovski should be enough to light a fire under his ass.

betcats

Referee
His 2020 pre-season, end of 2020 performances and the arrival of Momorovski should be enough to light a fire under his ass.

Yep it sounds that way with some saying he has been one of our better trainers this preseason. It might be a contract year for him also. I think either way we end up with a good centre and a good back up.

If Mom doesnt get the starting spot can he play wing as a back up?

Fangs

Coach
Yep it sounds that way with some saying he has been one of our better trainers this preseason. It might be a contract year for him also. I think either way we end up with a good centre and a good back up.

If Mom doesnt get the starting spot can he play wing as a back up?

Yes its a contract year. I think he has had interest from Melbourne previously.

With his work under the high ball he'd make a great back up winger. Odds on it will happen if Staines continues to get injured.

Latest posts