What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Stuff:
New phrases that you hear, then lickety split they jumped the shark.
Eg: "Deep dive"
This is a new term right?
I heard it for the first time about 4 months ago, my first thought is "yeah, cool phrase"... now I reckon I hear it once a day.
I knew it had officially jumped the shark when just a minute ago I used it in another thread on this forum.

Stuff:
I heard it for the first time about 4 months ago, my first thought is "yeah, cool phrase"... now I reckon I hear it once a day.
I knew it had officially jumped the shark when just a minute ago I used it in another thread on this forum.
It's the new 'going forward' or 'touch base'.

Stuff:

It's from Happy Days, innit?

Haha, yep....

The next one I reckon that's going to get very old very quickly is "belt and braces". Never heard until about a month ago, creeping in to every other day vernacular in work meetings....
I've been hearing that one too. Still not 100% on what it means. I think I know but don't care to check.

jk13

First Grade
First u unpack it
Then u take them on a journey
And when u understand the concept, u deep dive it

T-Boon

Coach
Haha, yep....

The next one I reckon that's going to get very old very quickly is "belt and braces". Never heard until about a month ago, creeping in to every other day vernacular in work meetings....

Never heard it (or it hasnt registered) but will keep an ear out

T-Boon

Coach
Stuff:
How well known is "GFY" as an acronym?
I actually thought I made it up a while back but it is googleable.
If I use it casually towards my wife will she know what I mean?

strider

Post Whore
Stuff:
How well known is "GFY" as an acronym?
I actually thought I made it up a while back but it is googleable.
If I use it casually towards my wife will she know what I mean?
give it a go and report back how it pans out