What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd1: Eels v Broncos GAME DAY thread at Suncorp 12/3

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Forget our inept attack, do any BA apologists think this coaching staff can formulate an adequate defensive structure?

First - it was a f**ken horrible half, disgusting, terrible !! And of cause that’s on BA but still a long way to go this season (but yes signs aren’t good so far)

but don’t think our defence has been that horrible (but glad we aren’t playing storm). When you have 33% of the ball, the defensively line is always going to struggle. Will hold my judgment if we can actually hold the ball (if that happens).

Angry_eel

First Grade
Your problem is you are not holding the middle before you go wide.Your forwards are getting dominated by the wooden spooners .
Roll up the middle the game swings your way
You're right. Wherever Papali and Paulongo up, we're doing ok.

84 Baby

Referee
Here at the game and that was absolutely fkin disgusting. Coates was in a bad way coming off, dry retching etc. Broncs bench down to two... no reason we shouldn’t get back into this apart from our stinking ball control. Hope BA is giving Gutho a haircut at half time and everyone else a spray. Rant over.
I hope he’s also giving Gutho a spray. No one gets a pass mark from that half

Happy MEel

First Grade
First - it was a f**ken horrible half, disgusting, terrible !! And of cause that’s on BA but still a long way to go this season (but yes signs aren’t good so far)

but don’t think our defence has been that horrible (but glad we aren’t playing storm). When you have 33% of the ball, the defensively line is always going to struggle. Will hold my judgment if we can actually hold the ball (if that happens).
The broncos have been causing havoc on our edges all game. The Broncos FFS!! If it was missed tackles I’d understand, but this is a problem with our structure and the players we have within it.

IFR33K

Coach
Same structures in attack and defence as past 2 years, easy to read and nothing different so they are worked out. Bright idea to swap sides for Lane, Matto, Drown and Moses - say it again, defence and attack coaches still there so expect much of the same.

Bottom 4 minimum the way they are playing, no better than the Dogs, probably worse :rage:

Amazing how you continue to point out the defense and attack coach.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The broncos have been causing havoc on our edges all game. The Broncos FFS!! If it was missed tackles I’d understand, but this is a problem with our structure and the players we have within it.

I don’t disagree, but defending 67% of that half probably doesn’t help the middle stay tight

Suitman

Post Whore
This is laughable. I’m calling it...BA won’t last the season.

My issue is that in his 7 seasons so far, I've seen very little evidence that BA has been able to adjust to rule changes and changes in general to the way the game had evolved.
I don't blame Lane, or Sivo for example for dropping balls that lead to tries. Shite happens. Especially early in a season.
It's the rest of our game that is the issue. Nothing has changed. We still look so clueless in attack, and we are so predictable. Every team that plays us, knows exactly what we are going to do and defends accordingly.

I feel really sorry for a player like Gutherson. He bust's his arse every f**king game, yet watches basic tactical errors cost us points time after time.

It annoys the f**k out of me seeing Kidwell sitting there with his big black glasses on and looking like he doesn't give two f**ks about anything. I'm sure he doesn't think that, but looking completely clueless doesn't help our problems.