What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

blaza88z

Coach
it’s a crime against the game what the broncos coaching has done to milford. One of the most exciting players you’ll ever see coming through the u20’s with Canberra and it’s slowly been coached out of him to try and turn him into cooper cronk.

Why would Dearden re-sign? If the cash is similar at the cowboys he should run there to get out Brisbane. The pressure on him to perform will just be crippling for a developing player.

The Cowboys aren't going much better than we are mate.

You could argue both clubs are in the same position, a half on a million bucks not delivering, Valentine Holmes on a million bucks out on the wing, I can't see it getting any better for them either. We've got some gun forwards, some promising backs, we just can't take advantage of any of that because our halves aren't delivering.

shear_joy9

Coach
The Cowboys aren't going much better than we are mate.

You could argue both clubs are in the same position, a half on a million bucks not delivering, Valentine Holmes on a million bucks out on the wing, I can't see it getting any better for them either. We've got some gun forwards, some promising backs, we just can't take advantage of any of that because our halves aren't delivering.

far less pressure at the cows though. Being ridiculously branded as the next Lockyer if he doesn’t perform a 9/10 every game people will be disappointed.

Smiley

Bench
Payton and the Cowboys are going to end in tears.

Won’t be long till he loses the support of the players and eventually his job.

Atleast the Broncos players are trying to turn things around. Most of the Cowboys players look like they couldn’t give a f**k.

gerg

Juniors

Atleast the Broncos players are trying to turn things around. Most of the Cowboys players look like they couldn’t give a f**k.

Payten knows he has a few overpaid and underperforming players on the roster and it looks like he is trying to squeeze them out. And the players know it. The outcome of all this depends on who the Board backs.

davi

Juniors
I see the Dragons are eyeing Andrew Fifita. If the move was to happen the Sharks would have to subside a portion of the contract. Its been speculated about half. Fifita is on $800 000 this year and next year as well reportedly.

I hope it doesn't happen. I'm kind over these Sydney clubs crying poor requesting a bigger handout from the NRL and then they pull this kind of crap.

And yeah I'm happy to acknowledge there was talk of a similar scenario with the Broncos and Matt Lodge. Which never eventuated although the Broncos do have the capital. A contract's a contract, maybe the clubs should show more care signing players on length's of deals.

If I made a mistake and it cost the business I worked for $635,000 I would get the sack. So how is it these NRL clubs and board's don't get the same scrutiny.

However, the Sharks have already paid nearly five months of this season’s salary and if the Dragons were to pay half of his remaining contract money it would likely cost each club about $635,000 until the end of 2022.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/24...-grade-how-dragons-move-could-benefit-sharks/

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach

its been 2 games....

Someguy

First Grade
I see the Dragons are eyeing Andrew Fifita. If the move was to happen the Sharks would have to subside a portion of the contract. Its been speculated about half. Fifita is on $800 000 this year and next year as well reportedly.

I hope it doesn't happen. I'm kind over these Sydney clubs crying poor requesting a bigger handout from the NRL and then they pull this kind of crap.

And yeah I'm happy to acknowledge there was talk of a similar scenario with the Broncos and Matt Lodge. Which never eventuated although the Broncos do have the capital. A contract's a contract, maybe the clubs should show more care signing players on length's of deals.

If I made a mistake and it cost the business I worked for $635,000 I would get the sack. So how is it these NRL clubs and board's don't get the same scrutiny.

However, the Sharks have already paid nearly five months of this season’s salary and if the Dragons were to pay half of his remaining contract money it would likely cost each club about $635,000 until the end of 2022.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/24...-grade-how-dragons-move-could-benefit-sharks/

The easy option would be to medically retire him, injury has ruined his career. Unfortunately that option is only available to select clubs

AJB1102

First Grade

Anything Cronulla paid would still come out of their salary cap which is fully funded by the NRL grant. What are you talking about?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Broncos will not be offering Milford a new contract next year. - Brent Read

His money will be used to retain Staggs and to make a big money play for Adam Reynolds who will be the halves pairing next year. Dearden is the outlier but it's looking like the Broncos won't be matching any huge offers from other clubs, namely the Cowboys.

gerg

Juniors
Then why is he going after JT!?

As great a player as he is he isn't worth a million, but he isn't the main problem. By going after their best player Payten is trying to send a message to the other players on similar coin who are contributing less than JT.

shear_joy9

Coach
Then why is he going after JT!?

going after? All he did was say the defense for the last try was poor (and it was) which happened to be by JT. Payten then said he wasn't going to play him big minutes in fear of burning him out for the remainder of his cowboys contract.

sounds like the opposite of going after him to me. Called him out for a terrible defensive play, that's all.

Vee

First Grade
going after? All he did was say the defense for the last try was poor (and it was) which happened to be by JT. Payten then said he wasn't going to play him big minutes in fear of burning him out for the remainder of his cowboys contract.

sounds like the opposite of going after him to me. Called him out for a terrible defensive play, that's all.
You must have not seen the relevant bits.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Broncos will not be offering Milford a new contract next year. - Brent Read

His money will be used to retain Staggs and to make a big money play for Adam Reynolds who will be the halves pairing next year. Dearden is the outlier but it's looking like the Broncos won't be matching any huge offers from other clubs, namely the Cowboys.
Hahaha
No way Reynolds would leaves Souths, let alone Sydney for the Broncos.

davi

Juniors
Anything Cronulla paid would still come out of their salary cap which is fully funded by the NRL grant. What are you talking about?

If its fully funded by the NRL grant then it's not making good use of that money by paying $635,000 for a player not playing for your team.

blaza88z

Coach
I think Reynolds stays with Souths but he is playing the game to try and get 3 years and not 1 year

Souths surely wouldn't be stupid enough to let one of the better halves in the comp go to the market