What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd3: Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 27/3

strider

Post Whore
Wasnt Cronk being touted as the option to offload? ... Remember the forum going into overdrive thinking he was coming to parra

84 Baby

Referee
In an alternate universe where Menko doesn’t get caught, Opacic, not Marata, replaces Waqa.
Do people prefer the temperamental Lotus Exige or bland Toyota Camry?

chiefy1

Juniors
In an alternate universe where Menko doesn’t get caught, Opacic, not Marata, replaces Waqa.
Do people prefer the temperamental Lotus Exige or bland Toyota Camry?

Opacic probably wouldn't be at parra if it were not for menko getting suspended

chiefy1

Juniors
Even though I’m pretty sure he was signed before Menko was suspended

actually Opo has done very well especially in D. Solid in most departments.
Nikure could make a permanent transition to centre no doubt. Looks very natural in that position

hindy111

Post Whore
Can you imagine the bench with Niakoure? Bringing him on with Kafusi and Papalì. It's raw power.
Unless Bryce forced himself into NRL and we needed to find him a spot. Or perhaps Stone who had a ball tearer of a game.

But I would prefer Blake over Opacic. Blake is our only real x factor in backs. He would keep opposition defenses twitchy. You miss him and it is a try. That means they spread defense line.
Having Nikauore there means defense can jam in middle more knowing if he gets space they can cover him easy. Worse case is he makes an extra 10mtrs before run him down.
Blake is a different headache.

chiefy1

Juniors
Can you imagine the bench with Niakoure? Bringing him on with Kafusi and Papalì. It's raw power.
Unless Bryce forced himself into NRL and we needed to find him a spot. Or perhaps Stone who had a ball tearer of a game.

But I would prefer Blake over Opacic. Blake is our only real x factor in backs. He would keep opposition defenses twitchy. You miss him and it is a try. That means they spread defense line.
Having Nikauore there means defense can jam in middle more knowing if he gets space they can cover him easy. Worse case is he makes an extra 10mtrs before run him down.
Blake is a different headache.

I doubt there's a better bench in the comp

hindy111

Post Whore
Look how ordinary JAC looked against Staines. Staines had his pace covered so they never could find space. If Mansour played Panthers get beat by 20 and JAC looks like a super star. He matches well against slow backlines.

Smart teams recruit and build sides to also combat their challengers strengths. I reckon that was the reason Panthere pissed Mansour off. To have a chance of beating the Storm they knew they needed more speed.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we are in a good place, even if we dropped a game.

DBrown will come good imo. The guy is adapting to doing a lot of defence (and nailing it)
Did over 40 last week v Storm, and did more tackles than either NBrown or Papali'i v Sharks

WBlake has more speed than Niukore, But we have seen Marata nail his opposite, there is no rushing up like an blind Ostrich. He is composed and understands whats going on, maybe more confidence in his inside men? thats what it looks like. What he loses in pace , he has in between the ears. Hope Waqa has understood this. He defended well v Souths in the semi last year, so he has that abiliity to be composed and hit the right defensive play. The odd stuff up is fine, but not regularly most weeks

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe Marata going so well will give Waqa the smack up the arse he needs.
If Marata stays at centre for next month or so and plays like he has been, I think it would have to. When Waqa is fit, BA will pick Waqa there but it’ll be awkward if the performances aren’t there

Latest posts