What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rd3: Non Parra games

Incorrect

Coach
That forward pass was not the reason why the Raiders gave up a 20 point half time lead and lost the match. They were dropping off tackles and not wrapping up the ball. That let the warriors offload.

Blaming Peranara for that loss is pretty dumb. So is sledging me because we don’t agree on something.
Double

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry. I should have posted a lame gif as a means of countering your point of view instead... That's the way to go these days...

Raiders were down to 1 on the bench at halftime and played the 2nd half on fumes, the no call on the forward pass was incompetent at best. I think Ricky and any reasonable person could live with losing that game by simply running out of puff because they're missing 3 reserves... What's harder to accept is seeing the opposition awarded a try off a blatant forward pass.

Despite your earlier answer, I actually don't think you watched the game. You don't seem to have taken the crappy Perenara decision in to context at all. If it happened to the Eels you'd be livid, and rightly so.

Unsure why you are sledging me again. You having a bad day ?

I never said it wasn’t a bad decision, but FMD all of the Warriors tries were from one Raider in the tackle and that let the offloads flow. Do you honestly think that the ref was the reason the Raiders lost that match ? Rhetorical obviously, cos clearly you do.

Gronk

Staff member
Sorry. I should have posted a lame gif as a means of countering your point of view instead... That's the way to go these days...

Raiders were down to 1 on the bench at halftime and played the 2nd half on fumes, the no call on the forward pass was incompetent at best. I think Ricky and any reasonable person could live with losing that game by simply running out of puff because they're missing 3 reserves... What's harder to accept is seeing the opposition awarded a try off a blatant forward pass.

Despite your earlier answer, I actually don't think you watched the game. You don't seem to have taken the crappy Perenara decision in to context at all. If it happened to the Eels you'd be livid, and rightly so.

Unsure why you are sledging me again. You having a bad day ?

I never said it wasn’t a bad decision, but FMD all of the Warriors tries were from one Raider in the tackle and that let the offloads flow. Do you honestly think that the ref was the reason the Raiders lost that match ? Rhetorical obviously, cos clearly you do.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

yes the pass was forward and shouldn’t have been awarded. But the the warriors scored another 4 tries that half (that excludes the forward pass try). That try happen with 20 to go. Chances are the warriors still win. To walk out of the press conference is piss weak. He is the leader of that side.

yes Stuart deserves to be annoyed but he just isolates onto one error as he is a sore loser.

It’s like the GF. Yes a stuff up, but roosters only got ball back on the try line , he never mentions Joey made a horrible read and roosters scored a 60 plus m try.

Over the years BA has had some terrible decisions against us (cough 2017 final against storm), but he has never blamed the refs. Always puts it back onto the players.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's been their best forward, but that isn't saying much when you look at their pack. He'd be struggling to make our 21 at full strength. Good on the young fella for getting a big contract and making an NRL 17, if he keeps going he should be starting for them

I want him to go well. The thing is we have Jnr and RCG. He has a long way to go to reach their level.
At this stage we also have Kafusi,Papalì and Niakuore. He also wouldn't yet be at their level.
We can't be paying a guy close to 300k as a back up. You win some you lose some.
Of course Stone and Hipgrave he would likely be above. But those two would be on min salary.

Gronk

Staff member
In his weekly review of contentious refereeing decisions on Monday, Annesley has said the pass inside from Kodi Nikorima to send Murdoch-Masila in to score should have been called back by referee Henry Perenara.

Annesley says the camera angles used in the footage had made the pass appear worse, but conceded that the ball had drifted forward out of Nikorima's hands.

"It looks forward," Annesley says. "I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't look like a forward pass.

"This is the only evidence we have to go on, then that's what we have to base our opinion on.

"This decision has been reviewed by the refereeing department and by Jared Maxwell and they believe that it's a forward pass."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ed-says-head-of-football-graham-annesley.html

Eelogical

Referee
In his weekly review of contentious refereeing decisions on Monday, Annesley has said the pass inside from Kodi Nikorima to send Murdoch-Masila in to score should have been called back by referee Henry Perenara.

Annesley says the camera angles used in the footage had made the pass appear worse, but conceded that the ball had drifted forward out of Nikorima's hands.

"It looks forward," Annesley says. "I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't look like a forward pass.

"This is the only evidence we have to go on, then that's what we have to base our opinion on.

"This decision has been reviewed by the refereeing department and by Jared Maxwell and they believe that it's a forward pass."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ed-says-head-of-football-graham-annesley.html
It's great to see there's still a human element to the game. Every team has been done over at many different times. I wouldn't have it any other way.

They’re talking about two new teams (Brisbane and NZ).

You’re right. There’s not nearly enough talent around for that. There’s not enough for 16 teams.

Be 17 for certain 2nd Brisbane or 4th Queensland team ( I think there are 3 bidders)- 18th wont be far away - not sure a second NZ team is viable as after all they are rugby mad not league - 18th team should be either Perth /Central Coast or one of the losing bidders for the 17th team.

Have 2 groups of 9 - Sydney group and non Sydney group - play each team in your group twice and other group once - 25 games.

Finals series either top 5 in each group and the two group winners play off NFL superbowl style or top 4 in each group and a cross over finals series - 1 vs 2's (qualifying) and 3 vs 4's (elimination) -same as current top 8 format in the cross over

strider

Post Whore
I dont understand why people want to make groups of nrl teams based on geographic location .... its not logically balanced to me ..... this isnt the USA. Demographics play a bigger role

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont understand why people want to make groups of nrl teams based on geographic location .... its not logically balanced to me ..... this isnt the USA. Demographics play a bigger role

I don't like more teams. There is already to many weak sides. Adding more will create more middle of road and weaker clubs.
And your top ones will still keep the best player.

T.S Quint

Coach

Also it’s really not fair to those team in the out of Sydney conference. There would be a lot of traveling involved for them whilst the other conference just has a short bus trip every week.

84 Baby

Referee
MLB conferences aren’t geographically based. The Mets and Yankees don’t even play in the same conference, let alone division. It doesn’t work here because we generally play a shit ton less games (except compared to NFL), don’t have as good a salary cap and have a proportionally smaller population of players.
I do like a “conference” system for scheduling purposes. Split the 16 teams into north/east/south/west evenly. Play each team in your conference home and away each year. Then with the other 3 conferences, you play 2 home and away and the 3rd you play half at home, half away, and each year those 3 rotate so in a 6 year period you’ve played each of those teams home and away 5 times each.

but that doesn’t need to be official, it’s just how I would schedule what should be 30 regular season rounds into 26

Last edited:

Latest posts